• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Bupe What can I do to make sure I absorb as much Buprenorphine as possible from my Buprenorphine tablets?

ivorymoon

Bluelighter
I'm prescribed the 8mg pink hexagonal sublingual tablets.

What sorts of things can I do to ensure I can absorb as much bupe as possible? I don't feel like I'm getting as much from them as I should be.

Examples would be:
Start with a wet or dry mouth?

Keep the tablet whole or break it before putting it under my tongue?

How long should I keep my spit in my mouth after the tablet dissolves?

Should I wait a certain amount of time to eat/drink/smoke a cigarette before and after taking it? If so, how long?

You know, things like that.
All tips, tricks, and methods are welcomed and highly appreciated.

Thank you in advance. 💜

Split the tablet in two (if these are the bigger tablets) and place them parallel to the veins and directly beneath them, one half on each side of the tounge. If you look in a mirror and lift your tounge up, you can see the two target veins for sublingual absorption.

The films are so much better in this regard to prevent loss into saliva and also to keep them placed under the target veins efficiently.

It can be difficult to know when the older tablets have fully dissolved - I used to keep them in my mouth for a good 5 to 10 minutes - and also not swallow because with the tablets they have a horrible tendency to dissolve into it before proper absorption can happen.

Dissolve your tablet in water,! First, and then place that directly under the tongue with a dry mouth,!" And wait several minutes. You should get around 50% of the bupe this wat, which is basically the most you can get (You can get60% ifwyouy lucky

Believe me dissolve it in water and your problems will be solved. Also find a noharmacy that will order the oranxge hexagon tablets.

I would post studies though I am lazy

Good Luck

Dissolve your tablet in water,! First, and then place that directly under the tongue with a dry mouth,!" And wait several minutes. You should get around 50% of the bupe this wat, which is basically the most you can get (You can get60% ifwyouy lucky

Believe me dissolve it in water and your problems will be solved. Also find a noharmacy that will order the oranxge hexagon tablets.

I would post studies though I am lazy

Good Luck
So dissolving it in a bit of water then keeping that under your tongue makes for better absorption VS letting it dissolve under your tongue as it mixes with your saliva and then keeping said saliva under your tongue?

Split the tablet in two (if these are the bigger tablets) and place them parallel to the veins and directly beneath them, one half on each side of the tounge. If you look in a mirror and lift your tounge up, you can see the two target veins for sublingual absorption.

The films are so much better in this regard to prevent loss into saliva and also to keep them placed under the target veins efficiently.

It can be difficult to know when the older tablets have fully dissolved - I used to keep them in my mouth for a good 5 to 10 minutes - and also not swallow because with the tablets they have a horrible tendency to dissolve into it before proper absorption can happen.
Why does it matter if it gets into your saliva? Wouldn't you absorb whatever is in your saliva if you were to keep the saliva under your tongue for a bit?
I say this as a literal question, not a statement disguised as a question. I truly don't know.

Why does it matter if it gets into your saliva? Wouldn't you absorb whatever is in your saliva if you were to keep the saliva under your tongue for a bit?

I'd be curious to see these studies in regards to letting it dissolve in the water, but if you're going for sublingual absorption only, any liquid it can dilute into will make it vastly inefficient at being absorbed into those specific veins under the tounge.

It can absorb in other ways in the mouth, like if you dilute with water or after it gets into saliva - but that wouldn't be actual, full 100% sublingual absorption.

Now, that doesn't necessarily mean it would be worse than sublingual absorption, but I'd be interested to see exactly what these studies are saying makes bioavailability higher, and also how that affects onset time.

In regards to your specific question, I meant loss of it into saliva making it less efficient to be absorbed strictly into the target veins - although in rehab, the doctors and nurses were pretty adamant any of the substance that reached the saliva was somewhat destroyed and holding it in would cause actual loss of the buprenorphine and would make us swallow while they watched us versus holding the saliva in the whole time.

Last edited:
Ive had a few agree with me on this method and its usually not convenient to how & when, but
the number of times Ive placed an 8 mg tablet (buprenorphine) under my (dry) tongue about 2 hours before getting up for good in the morning - example (administer @5am get up @7)

It felt at least three fold stronger and there was always 3 - 4 mgs left undissolved

cheers

Last edited:
Ive had a few agree with me on this method and its usually not convenient to how & when, but
the number of times placed an 8 mg tablet (buprenorphine) under my (dry) tongue about 2 hours before getting up for good in the morning - example (administer @5am get up @7)

It felt at least three fold stronger and there was always 3 - 4 mgs left undissolved

cheers

I used to do this for years, I would set my alarm a couple hours before I needed to get up for work. It worked great to be able to start the day not in withdrawal, it had a huge impact in my outlook on the day as well!

My only issue was this - sometimes I would roll onto my side and drool most of it out - and those days always wound up being torture.

But yeah, for the most part, this was my favorite way to do it to function like a normal person.

the number of times placed an 8 mg tablet (buprenorphine) under my (dry) tongue about 2 hours before getting up for good in the morning - example (administer @5am get up @7)

cheers
I generally take a few doses a day. Any suggestions for how to keep under your tongue dry for mid-day and evening doses?

(I figure there's not much that can be done since saliva is produced involuntarily but I'd be remiss if I didn't at least ask.)

My only issue was this - sometimes I would roll onto my side and drool most of it out
Lmfao yep, this has happened to me several times when I've taken a dose before bed and fallen asleep before it dissolved

if you really want the method with the highest ba, filter and shoot. Second highest would be snorting. 3rd would be putting a drop of vodka under the younger and placing the tablet on top.

but honestly? It doesn’t fucking matter. 8 mg is enough by Any route to saturate the receptors

I just had to be by myself & not have to respond to a conversation

Its not much trouble to eventually get down to a couple mgs and be set for 24 hrs

I found 2 mg was the sweet spot, where I could actually subjectively feel the "full agonist" type high and was much happier than on higher doses.

I think because buprenorphine is a partial agonist, but having such high receptor saturation at doses of 8mg and above, with the inability to subjectively feel it like a full agonist just made a psychological torture for me where I would just obsessively crave other opioids.

Once I got below 4 mg that all went away for me.

I think the period was ending his sentence. 0.8 mg of buprenorphine won't do much for receptor blockade....at all.

Read the SixPartSevens "Alcohol for higher BA" and then check out Zubsolve.

And read any other study about 💚 BA%, and they will confirm liquid formulations have higher BA% than tablets...

So you must not be familiar with my posts or an expert on the site or you know liquid formulations are 1.5-2x stronger than a tablet

Think about it. The faster the absorption, the better the BA. ;)

So please, dissolve it in water; it is like Zubsolve, it shall absorb rapidly from the liquid into the veins under your 👅 young.

You shall feel better if you do so.

Anyone who doubts, use Gooogle and Pubmed.

Good Luck

So please, dissolve it in water; it is like Zubsolve, it shall absorb rapidly from the liquid into the veins under your 👅 young.

What do you mean here?

Zubsolv's increased bioavailability is due to how the drug microparticles adhere to the surface of the carrier particles of citric acid. This achieves a much greater bioavailability in it's ability to be absorbed more efficiently into oral mucosa (or any mucous membranes for that matter.)

So, somehow dissolving buprenorphine into plain water is supposed to do the same? I'm having a hard time understanding this.

Everything I'm finding compares sublingual tablets to a liquid buprenorphine solution, but I'm not finding much in the way of how this solution is prepared - and some even use alcohol, not just plain water?

If alcohol is used in the solution, then that of course changes things.

I also hope you don't think I'm doubting you. I haven't come across any of the rationale or science behind this, so I'm just trying to learn.

For instance, maybe there is a requirement that the buprenorphine needs to be dissolved in as small amount of water as possible, and then placed directly under the tounge with a syringe. That would make sense. There could be multiple other reasons - maybe with water it would dissolve everywhere in the mouth more efficiently and not just sublingual (buccal as well).

Last edited:
^! Exactly.'it's early in the morning, though the manufacturer of Zubsolv claims it is because it dissolves faster

It is true most studies use an ethanolic solution, so try that if your nervous, However it is only 20-30%. My RL experience has given me much better results when dissolved in water. Maybe ethanol would make it slightly higher, however you would need high enough concentrations dissolved in your solution most people aren't going to hold Vodka under thier tongue, for example. Trust me, the water formulation at least matches Zubsolv and is close to Bunavail(I prefer it over bunavail because keeping it in your cheek can be annoying, unless I have high dose bunavail, I guess. Just think about it it wider surface area, it's already dissolved in liquid which is required for TRUE absorption, and as you said, if you use more than the recommended 0.7mg you can get buccal absorption,
Maybe even with the 0.7 mg, which is what I try to stick to though usually use a full ml of water. And it's ok to doubt me;
You have to
Look at the evidence, stare dead in the eye and make your mind up for yourself

Hope I help
Somebody, some posters in the past said it worked and was a good 1.5x stronger