• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

What Blunt wraps do you roll?

The most popular smoking method among cannabis users is rolling, which is a way of life. Rolling the ideal joint or blunt takes time and a lot of practice; thus, it is regarded as an art.

Using blunt wraps is a novel and simple method of rolling a blunt. Flavored blunt wraps, those made of alternative materials, and even self-wrapping blunt wraps are all available in a variety of sizes and varieties to make rolling on the go simple.

Rolling blunts, cigars stuffed with cannabis, or a combination of cannabis and tobacco require blunt wraps.

When rolling a classic blunt, entire dried tobacco leaves are used instead of the shredded tobacco leaves seen in cigarillos. Nowadays, convenient, easy to bring around, and great for trying new strains, are the ideal way to broaden your cannabis horizons.

Blunts have a far larger capacity than a bong bowl or a joint, holding one to two grams of dry-ground marijuana. Blunt wraps make rolling easier because they merely offer an empty wrap, eliminating the need to cut or remove the previous contents.

Today, many users prefer not to use any tobacco in their blunts because of the nicotine, buzz and harsh smoke it produces, and a distaste for the strong tobacco flavor, however traditional blunts are still used by lots of people.

Let’s check the types of blunt wraps:
  • Tobacco blunt wraps
  • Hemp wraps
  • Palm leaf wraps
  • Flavored blunt wraps
  • Self wrapping blunt wraps
  • XL or mini blunt wraps
Admit it, you copy/pasted that from an encylopotia, didn't you? :ROFLMAO:

j/k Great info, would read again.

I'm not sure if I can mention sources, but a number of companies sell good cigar leaf online. At least one of them partially markets their product as reefer rollers. They sell the pounds, but also sell packs of a couple leaves for blunts. I've never seen that brand in the gas stations, etc.,

It's good cigar leaf and I used to smoke it in a pipe and or roll my own cigars. There are lots of people who roll their own cigars since you can do it for a fraction of the cost of cigars. The leaf is sold as an agricultural product and not taxed.

They have a variety of product. I used to love filling a pipe with some Brazilian Habanero (Cuban seeds) topped with a bit of Nicaraguan for kick.
I ended up growing my own tobacco for a few years. I still have a few boxes of it in the basement aging for if I break down and smoke again.

I've rolled a blunt with my homegrown and given it to others for that. Nice big sections of leaf are easy to roll with.

All the good old blue collar vices like Bourbon and cigars got trendy and expensive.

One time in college me and three other guys chipped in $25 each on a $100 quarter ounce and put all 7 grams into one Philly Titan. We did it just so we could say that we had smoked a hundred dollar blunt.

That was the most memorable blunt I've ever smoked. We smoked it in my buddies Jeep with all the windows rolled up. It was like Cheech and Chong in real life, 😆.
Nineteenth birthday ,was selling a lot of weed. Rolled up three blunts, swisher sweets if I remember right , between three people, smoked by water, in Blake's truck, hea dead now, with Chris and smoked untill the blunts were gone.

I liked optimo sealed with honey. I smoked Philly titans as well. Currently, I don't smoke cigars, don't want any tobacco in my lungs. I smoke , a small bowl to a few,,at a the me, so id be a waste of cannabis, time,and with these 20-30% thcs it's plenty. I have a friend that smokes Reggie. I would try some of the hemp cigars, they have terpenes
and cannabis, hemp only in them, from my understanding. I'd do this maybe if together with social gathering, or maybe with another.

Last edited:
I haven't see a blunt from decades.all are slim homemade joints mixed with tobaco...'cause shit is expensive&i need a hit or two to feel it.

I don't smoke blunts :(
Neither do I, this notion came after Cheech and Chong monster joints. Probably after 1990. I don't smoke tobacco anymore. I like my weed straight. Honestly 2 hits of good weed in a glass pipe is all it takes.

However after reading the thread blunts can be seriously crafted. Totally cool. I almost wish I did like tobacco mixed in.

I don't mind baccy mixrd in but i always used regular papers or hemp papers which i guess technically isnt a blunt is it?
AFAIK, unless there is a different definition I don't know about, blunts start out as just cigars or cigarillos (skinny cigars). I've only used cigarillos like Swisher Sweets or White Owls. You carefully split it down the middle with your thumbs and discard the baccy. Grind up some bud and put it where the baccy was then slobber all over the cigar paper to re-seal it. It doesn't have a glue strip like rolling paper, which is why you need a little extra spit. Of course, just like a joint, run your lighter under the split part to dry your spit then happy toking.

Although there is technically no more baccy in it, I guess it does leave some residue behind, which adds to the unique flavor and smell. But I don't think I've ever gotten a tobacco buzz from smoking a blunt full of weed.

Blunt wraps fuck me up. Something they put in them, super sticky resin. I feel my lungs choke up and if I've smoked one but definitely if I smoked a handful, I feel it the next day - heavy chest and coughing more than I normally would.

Ive smoked tobacco in the form of cigarettes and spliffs for a long time, but blunts.. Those wraps ain't right and they definitely aren't smooth. Zig zags any day.

Oh and it's not because of any volume increase. I smoke 10 spliffs in a row no problem. I smoke double and triple skinners and that's no problem. But blunts.. I reckon they gotta be hella bad for you.

Blunt wraps fuck me up. Something they put in them, super sticky resin. I feel my lungs choke up and if I've smoked one but definitely if I smoked a handful, I feel it the next day - heavy chest and coughing more than I normally would.

Ive smoked tobacco in the form of cigarettes and spliffs for a long time, but blunts.. Those wraps ain't right and they definitely aren't smooth. Zig zags any day.

Oh and it's not because of any volume increase. I smoke 10 spliffs in a row no problem. I smoke double and triple skinners and that's no problem. But blunts.. I reckon they gotta be hella bad for you.
Hmm. The only time I've had coughing problems were from strawberry flavored wraps. I'd heard they have some additive chemical that makes some people cough but not others. Well I was one of the coughers and it burned my throat like hell. IIRC I couldn't take one little hit without coughing but my friend was chiefing billows and it didn't affect him.

Are you smoking the same type and flavor every time or changing up brands to experiment? I'm not arguing with you, just curious if you've tried different brands and flavors. I've heard Optimos are pretty smooth but never tried one.

Hmm. The only time I've had coughing problems were from strawberry flavored wraps. I'd heard they have some additive chemical that makes some people cough but not others. Well I was one of the coughers and it burned my throat like hell. IIRC I couldn't take one little hit without coughing but my friend was chiefing billows and it didn't affect him.

Are you smoking the same type and flavor every time or changing up brands to experiment? I'm not arguing with you, just curious if you've tried different brands and flavors. I've heard Optimos are pretty smooth but never tried one.

Yeah I've tried a few different flavors included unflavored. A couple different brands, but 'juicy' brand for sure the most vile and worst of the ones I've tried.

Ive smoked hemp blunt wraps too. Not as resin/heavy to me but not smooth at all either.

I'm not even a 'weak' smoker. Like I don't cough that easily. Other thing for me is that they are way more annoying to roll. Takes more time, have to be more careful. I can't honestly believe anyone finds a blunt smoother than a spliff/joint. Maybe tolerable or whatever but is anyone smoking them because it's smoother? I've never met someone that smoked them regularly. Feel like a gimmick to me, a party trick or celebratory thing. Not something that's actually better.

Yeah I've tried a few different flavors included unflavored. A couple different brands, but 'juicy' brand for sure the most vile and worst of the ones I've tried.

Ive smoked hemp blunt wraps too. Not as resin/heavy to me but not smooth at all either.

I'm not even a 'weak' smoker. Like I don't cough that easily. Other thing for me is that they are way more annoying to roll. Takes more time, have to be more careful. I can't honestly believe anyone finds a blunt smoother than a spliff/joint. Maybe tolerable or whatever but is anyone smoking them because it's smoother? I've never met someone that smoked them regularly. Feel like a gimmick to me, a party trick or celebratory thing. Not something that's actually better.
Yeah, for me blunts have always been for a special occasion or party thing where there are more than a couple of people present. That said, I have at least 2 friends who exclusively smoke blunts. Even when alone.

I prefer glass pipes or if I'm with other people, I can roll a pretty good joint. But I only smoke blunts when I'm around certain folks, namely those couple of cats who only do blunts.

Backwoods > king size/hemp rolls > swishers/games > joints IMO

Unrolling a backwood and stuffing three grams in it feels like a proper marijuana cigar and not just a big tobacco joint

My buddy taught me how to roll blunts when I was in grad school. IIRC I liked the grape and blueberry Swisher Sweets. I think it was the strawberries that burned my throat and made me cough like hell due to some extra chemical that was included with the flavor.

Pretty sure we used White Owls sometimes too, just don't remember the flavor. I prefer joints anyways if I'm gonna roll. Glass for everyday use.

Peach White Owls all day! circa 2005, those tubes they came in were so useful.

nowadays its all herbal vapes and RAWs.

i used to love smoking dutchmasters vanilla or regular. i used to roll some good garcia vegas too but i haven't seen those around in a long time. i also smoked a peach optimo when i was out of state once and that was real good... all of these brands are better than philly, which i've tried almost all of the flavors of... i remember trying to get garcia vegas about ten or more years ago now and the guy was like here is this "game" blunt or whatever. wasn't the same thing, but also pretty good.... i'm remembering white owls now too, not as good as the first brands i mentioned.

so also i haven't really been smoking with people because of now frequenting the legal dispensarys, so i haven't been smoking blunts. but at the dispensary one time i noticed they had blunts with .3 grams of hash and a gram of weed and then like weed crystals all over the blunt paper. i got one of these for like 35 bucks. it was supposed to have like 5 or more times the normal delta nine thc that is in flower. i was kind of let down by this blunt. didn't notice the extra delta nine. maybe i wasn't inhaling enough or something for fear of frying my lungs.... next time i roll up a blunt, i'll be doing it on my own, no need for the fancy hash. i plan to do this like less than once a year though. for me i always felt when inhaling tabacco, it wasn't meant to be put in the lungs. it burns and what not. i never have this problem with herb, it seems like it's supposed to be inhaled. no way from my experience do i believe that weed has however much more tar in it than tabacco. has to be bull shit.

Reactions: Ds