• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

What are your favorite sites to look for job postings?

Transcendence

Bluelighter
It seems that I have more luck on Craigslist than I do on Monster, Linkedin, or Indeed.

I like finding a company I'm interested in and going straight to their website. I've been lucky to have been hired that way. It took a while, but I'm guessing they got tired of seeing my name pop up and interviewed me. That's when I went in for the kill :D

I like finding a company I'm interested in and going straight to their website. I've been lucky to have been hired that way. It took a while, but I'm guessing they got tired of seeing my name pop up and interviewed me. That's when I went in for the kill :D

I think that's what you need to do these days. I mean, any job I can find easily on a popular job search engine is going to undoubtedly have hundreds if not thousands of applicants. I've heard of a couple people finding a job they really wanted, faxing their resume and getting shot down (that is, ignored), and then faxing or applying over and over and over till someone notices their persistence and hired them, figuring that anyone who wants this job that bad is going to work hard for it.

you can also use LinkedIn for this. if you can find a connection who works there, or an affiliated recruiter, you vastly increase the chances of getting your resume in front of a hiring manager.