• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin What are they cutting the tar with now a days?

SirSpun93

Greenlighter
A buddy of mine has been hanging with his meth (among other things) dealer a lot lately. So me hanging with him means I'm around the guy too. I quit heroin years ago, back then China White was the most potent and purest thing around. I wouldn't have touched tar to save my life. Now I'm hearing this tar puts the China to shame; my question is what the hell are they cutting it with to boost the effects that much? I've seen his "fake black" and it looks exactly like the real deal, but he won't divulge trade secrets. Anyone?

Thanks,
SirSpun

Well, nobody can be exactly sure what it's being cut with. If it "boosts the effects" then I would assume it's some amount of Fentanyl, which can be pretty bad if taken in large amounts or without a tolerance.

But I don't think anyone can identify what else is in it. It honestly could be any potentiator.

Ok. That makes more sense than most of what I've heard elsewhere. Was curious if there was a pretty commonly used cut or if it varied pretty widely, this sums it up pretty well though.

Thanks,
SirSpun

Its really hard to answer these questions simply because we dont know your intent.

You could be honestly curious or you could be trying to cut drugs for resale. The latter being against forum guidelines and junky morals.

To be honest, tar is cut with anything that produces a dark brown, black, sticky/hard candy consistency.

Definitely not in the distribution game. It made me do a double take when I heard him say it's more potent than China White. Kinda like someone saying their Honda Civic will smoke a Nitro Funny Car lol. Peaked my curiosity none the less. Thanks to everyone for their input, helped put that one to bed.

Thanks,
SirSpun

Lactose is pretty common, but it can be any number of things. There's also the myth that tar can't be/isn't cut as much as powder heroin, which is not true at all. Black tar is a cruder, less refined form of heroin. The incomplete acetylation process results in heigher levels of 3-mam and 6-mam. The advantage for the makers is it requires alot less lab equipment.

I agree probably an active RC cut, if it's not Mexican tar cut with the usual- concentrated, brewed coffee (the residue from a burnt pot of coffee), brown sugar, etc...

I've had bth in the past that is equal to or subjectively better than ecp, I believe it's b/c I was one removed from the smuggler and there are other opioids besides heroin in bth, 6-MAM being one that many people like.

I prefer any dope that has a very slight odor of acetic anhydride (sp?), essentially a very slight vinegar odor. If it's too strong an odor I won't try it, that's usually spiked bth, as dealers know that knowledgeable dope users often check for coffee vs. vinegar odors, so they'll add a bit of vinegar to cover the coffee smell or sugar taste.

The best bth I've had either had no odor or that slight vinegar odor and was either powder (turns to tar with heat, hardens when frozen) or a translucent, brittle little rock. It always dissolved to a slight brown color, again translucent- could easily see through a loaded rig, and had very little undissolved residue or floaters in the rig. If your cotton is black it's cut up. If the cotton is light beige to light brown more likely less cut.

No guarantees ever though. I'm sure what I look for could be simulated and has been, but when you're only a few miles from the border (NOT San Diego, rather AZ or NM) or in MX you can get it uncut. But you gotta know the right people. I no longer do. Thankfully.

Bth can be excellent, or shit just like any dope but it's slightly more difficult to cut. Thankfully I kicked it years ago.

Last edited:
It's actually much easier to cut IMO as it's just a chunk of black.... Hell I've been passed a chunk of salt that was cut and recrystallized to become dark and look like dope in the bag until you opened it and saw the clear markings. That said it is easier to obtain things like caffeine that can cut powder dope without much texture and color change. The thing about tar is quality stuff can be any texture and color, but it still needs to be cut carefully so it hardens up as well as evenly so there are no hotspots or empty doses just like fent cut dope. Powdered dope can have this issue to, but it is not nearly as hard to get it all mixed and redried where the tar texture can be easily screwed up every time it's cut and the only way to fix it more is to try to cut it again leaving useless dope at a point.

I'll add china white usually refers to powdered dope cut with fentanyl. I'd say try the tar if you want to try real dope.... Then again drugs are bad mkay so don't do it if it will be bad for you.