• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids What are these open sores at stick site?

cloudsnfentsufferer

Greenlighter
The past couple days every time I use intravenously , soon after had these tiny bumps only at the site. After my shower tonight a lot of them are now open little wounds.
Itchy and burning!
I have pics but didn't see an option to post them...

I use brand new rigs EVERYTIME and don't share needles. I'm at a loss....
I've been an I.V. user over 20 yrs.

It would be better for advice if we could see pictures.

However if you are using clean works everytime and have been a long-term user and only now experience this, my guess is you might be dealing EITHER with a bacterial or fungal infection that's transferred from the skin surface (we have a lot of nasty shit living on us that doesn't generally cause any trouble until it does), OR some bacterial / fungal contamination introduced via your gear.
The latter is more likely as the illegal production process is usually anything but hygienic.

Please seek medical attention.

Last edited:
NSADD -> BDD.

NSADD is more for regional questions specific to the Americas. Basic questions around harm reduction such as this are better suited to Basic Drug Discussion.

Could it be a histamine reaction? Certain opiates like morphine give me a reaction. Itchy around the area. Should go away in a couple hours if it's that.
See a doctor if it gets worse, who knows what they are putting in drugs.

If you’re in Canada or the US, there is a high likelihood that this is due to your opioids containing xylazine (Very common right now, especially in Canada).

It may also be due to improper injection technique.

You are welcome to post some photos to help us try to figure it out. But we aren’t medical professionals and I STRONGLY recommend going to a doctor.

The past couple days every time I use intravenously , soon after had these tiny bumps only at the site. After my shower tonight a lot of them are now open little wounds.
Itchy and burning!
I have pics but didn't see an option to post them...

I use brand new rigs EVERYTIME and don't share needles. I'm at a loss....
I've been an I.V. user over 20 yrs.
Impossible to know for sure, but possibly inflammation due to the solution at injection site at the superficial level. If it becomes warm, red streaks or you get a fever get to the ER as soon as possible.

It would be better for advice if we could see pictures.

However if you are using clean works everytime and have been a long-term user and only now experience this, my guess is you might be dealing EITHER with a bacterial or fungal infection that's transferred from the skin surface (we have a lot of nasty shit living on us that doesn't generally cause any trouble until it does), OR some bacterial / fungal contamination introduced via your gear.
The latter is more likely as the illegal production process is usually anything but hygienic.

Please seek medical attention.
Could be related to drop in immune system response causing bacterial skin infection to thrive. Might be good idea to get blood work done for immune deficient related diseases