• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids What are the symptoms of PAWS from opiates, and how long do they last

Branggen

Bluelighter
I am now 2 weeks off of opiods, after 6 years on methadone, the main symptoms I still experience are being unable to sleep often, pretty bad chills/goosebumps and nausea/lack of appetite as well as a lack of energy/motivation. Every morning I find it pretty hard to get out of bed and always am cold with chills unless I start exercising or something, those 2 symptoms are the ones that I have the most issues with.

How did PAWS go for you? How long do you think these chills will last?

After 4 months on nothing, trying to cope with paws after quitting diazepam and tramadol I couldn't take it anymore, I needed an antidepressant to help lift me back out of the pit, it helped my appetite too I went on mirtazapine, its so good for sleep aswell, so if sleep and appetite is an issue it's definitely worth looking into it

I'm not sure about the chills, as I always feel the cold I've only just put my second duvet away for the summer I did have 2 thick duvets on my bed as I feel the cold easy, up to last month I was still using a hot water bottle on my feet, and it's like summer here lol

I am now 2 weeks off of opiods, after 6 years on methadone, the main symptoms I still experience are being unable to sleep often, pretty bad chills/goosebumps and nausea/lack of appetite as well as a lack of energy/motivation. Every morning I find it pretty hard to get out of bed and always am cold with chills unless I start exercising or something, those 2 symptoms are the ones that I have the most issues with.

How did PAWS go for you? How long do you think these chills will last?
Get some gabapentin AND loperamide Bro. It Will make the worse part bearable, dont take em for Morethan a week tho. 3-4 days Lope AND a week pentin/pregab. That's how i dealt with those awful days. Since Ur usage has Been going on for a few years i can bet 1000$ Ur still on the acute stage. Paws Start when you stop feeling the physical symptomps. Since you're experiencing those symptoms u describe Ur not over the acute stage Yet.

Mostly anxiety, depression and boredom (and craving, of course, which typically come back every 3 months or so).

Naw man yes the boredom is what got me, you get over the withdrawals, then you climb out of the pit and boredom is waiting for you, that screwed me over I take ketamine again now but I'm still clean off benzos and tramadol

Fill your time with fun things as that boredom is a fucker, it's the boredom that makes you crave drugs again

Cravings never leave you entirely...

So my ex is a bullshitter telling me he don't crave coke anymore as he goes to CA, making me feel bad for needing antidepressants and not going CA/NA/AA

Legit he said he don't crave coke one bit after 15 years of him being addicted to it

He was a master manipulater I thought something was wrong with me because I definitely craved my DOC and he's saying he didn't crave his one bit

@nznity
Personally I dont have much in the way of cravings, yet anyway, to me mentally the drug itself is the withdrawal, to go back to the drug is to go back to even worse withdrawals. Yea I know you get high for a bit but thats how I see it in my head, drugs=comedowns. I dont wanna take anything extra unless I have to, for 3 nights I could hardly sleep (might have to do with taking pre workout (caffeine) at 3pm) but I took 5mg valium the third night and it was more than enough, Im down to suffer 2 nights in a row without sleeping though before I take one of those.

Really I think the more suffering I can endure the more I get outta the way

Last edited:
After 4 months on nothing, trying to cope with paws after quitting diazepam and tramadol I couldn't take it anymore, I needed an antidepressant to help lift me back out of the pit, it helped my appetite too I went on mirtazapine, its so good for sleep aswell, so if sleep and appetite is an issue it's definitely worth looking into it

I'm not sure about the chills, as I always feel the cold I've only just put my second duvet away for the summer I did have 2 thick duvets on my bed as I feel the cold easy, up to last month I was still using a hot water bottle on my feet, and it's like summer here lol
Was it basically just the boredom after 4 months for you? How long were you addicted for?

@nznity
Personally I dont have much in the way of cravings, yet anyway, to me mentally the drug itself is the withdrawal, to go back to the drug is to go back to even worse withdrawals. Yea I know you get high for a bit but thats how I see it in my head, drugs=comedowns. I dont wanna take anything extra unless I have to, for 3 nights I could hardly sleep (might have to do with taking pre workout (caffeine) at 3pm) but I took 5mg valium the third night and it was more than enough, Im down to suffer 2 nights in a row without sleeping though before I take one of those.

Really I think the more suffering I can endure the more I get outta the way
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger Bro, makes me happy to hear that from u. Seems like you've had enough shit in Ur life. Tough it out then, just 2 More weeks AND ull be good. :D IM looking forward to read how Ur doing :D 3weeks clean for me in a few hrs.

Was it basically just the boredom after 4 months for you? How long were you addicted for?

Depression and boredom, mostly feeling depressed and wanting to escape but my boyfriend at the time wouldn't let me do drugs as he'd recently stopped coke

I was addicted to diazepam for years, and tramadol off and on, and ketamine about 2 months or ten weeks daily just before I stopped everything, but after 4 months I went onto mirtazapine and then yeah once I wasn't depressed it was boredom

not sure if i'm in paws or what. 65 days off subs and i still don't have solid bowel movements, don't sleep the best at night (permitted i wake up at 2 am for work most of the year anyways) still wake up with the shivers in the morning. thank got for hoodies and socks or i wouldn't venture out of the bedroom until i had to go to work lol. anxiety is still an issue but i will say that has gotten much much better. work has gotten me through it all. i just wake up with a mission every day. is it paws? is it acute? is it sobriety? i have no fucking idea. it is what it is i guess! haha LIFE FTW