• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

What are the Red Specks in Chi Dope?

Mr. Frink

Bluelighter
Now that I've seen it mentioned in another thread here...I know I'm not alone in wondering: Many bags of Chicago Dope have little red specks in them.
I've always wondered what they are. I've asked some friends, and everyone seems to have their own theories:
I once came up with the idea that they were some sort of "marker". Added somewhere in production by someone (dealer, chemist, CIA?) to mark or trace their dope. But this is pure speculation on my part....I have no evidence of this whatsoever.
One hardcore friend of mine told me matter-of-factly that they were "time release fentanyl". This makes sense (sort of), but this friend is known for his B.S., so I'm not totally sold on the idea.
Another friend of mine was in rehab, and asked someone who sold dope on the streets of Chi-town, and she told her that the specks were "dormer". I have no idea what the hell this means. Anyone?
Also....there are quite a few Chi-Dopers on this board. I wish there was some way we could let each other know where the good dope was on certain days. Because even in the best tips, the quality of dope can vary from one week to the next. I doubt that the board would be a good place to discuss this. Maybe an e-mail list? Or is that just asking for trouble? (but its not like that police don't already know where the dope spots are in Chicago!)

I was always under the impression that the red specs are the coating of a pill that the smack is cut with. I highley doubt they're a "marker" or "time release fentanyl" It's probally the coating off a benadrly or some other OTC pill.
If you chop up your H with a razor the specs will usually stick to the razor, thus making them simple to remove from the powder.
Hubbard Fo-Sho.

sudaphed.
"dope" has a precursor called pseudoephedrine. take some time to look at it's molecular structure as compared to methamphetamine. Try this @erowid. Chanes are that your chi-cooks are using GUP rxns, (a birch perhaps?), and arent bothering to purify their product. If you get ahold of them, tell them of the glories of MeOH for me.
-j.

Originally posted by blahblahblah:
Anyways so I dont know which spots the dope came from but if I hear Ill post.
Please do. I've been wanting to try some stronger lately.

Good idea. Mr. Frink -- why don't you drop me an email at [email protected] ?
The are just west off of Cicero, a little south of Chicago, has reliable stuff of pretty good quality. Friends have only received bad/bunk stuff ~5% of the time.
One person I sort of know cops on the southside and claims it's very good, much better than the Cicero stuff, but I don't have the exact location (or any confirmation.) I'll try and get some more out of him.
If you're looking for new spots, the Chicago crime tracker is great -- just look for the little clumps of narcotics arrests.

where i live the specs are in the reverse. when you buy a street bag , you get the white powder with a brownish or grayish hint. If its not chopped up very good then you see darker specs and that is the chunk(heroin) which is the pure form before the cut. i don't bother to buy dope unless its the uncut chunk.

blahblahblah ....Your explaination is just what I was hoping for. It makes perfect sense. And when I do open my bag & see the red specks, I know that the dope will be decent, so its very plausable that's its the coating from sleeping pills. Finally, one of life's mysteries solved! Thanks.
zorn...I'll drop you a line. I've rarely copped on the west side of Cicero, usually just the eastside (except for a great spot south of Lake) When I first started going downtown, I'd always hit Cicero...but the quality of dope has really gone down there IMO. I've been going to another area that has much better dope--in the neighborhoods around Chicago Ave b/t Pulaski & Hamlin. I'll e-mail you with the locations of the tips...

where i live the specs are in the reverse. when you buy a street bag , you get the white powder with a brownish or grayish hint. If its not chopped up very good then you see darker specs and that is the chunk(heroin) which is the pure form before the cut. i don't bother to buy dope unless its the uncut chunk.
That's what the dope is like in DC. It's almost all quinine with tiny specs of heroin in it.
I can't imagine why anyone would throw away their money on crap like that.
When I hear people talking about how they need 10 or so bags to get high, I assume that's the quality of dope they must be getting. I've been shooting for almost a year straight and I would never need more than 2. I only buy raw chunks. It might take a while to find a connection, but Jesus, if you're going to do dope, find good stuff because you are truly just throwing money away.

That's what the dope is like in DC. It's almost all quinine with tiny specs of heroin in it.
If anyone reading this is doing dope like that, you need to find a new area to cop from, because you are truly just throwing your money away.

Dormin... thanx! that settles a huge debate amongst my circle.. even though once the h is in us the debate normally ceases anyway.

Now that I've seen it mentioned in another thread here...I know I'm not alone in wondering: Many bags of Chicago Dope have little red specks in them.
I've always wondered what they are. I've asked some friends, and everyone seems to have their own theories:
I once came up with the idea that they were some sort of "marker". Added somewhere in production by someone (dealer, chemist, CIA?) to mark or trace their dope. But this is pure speculation on my part....I have no evidence of this whatsoever.
One hardcore friend of mine told me matter-of-factly that they were "time release fentanyl". This makes sense (sort of), but this friend is known for his B.S., so I'm not totally sold on the idea.
Another friend of mine was in rehab, and asked someone who sold dope on the streets of Chi-town, and she told her that the specks were "dormer". I have no idea what the hell this means. Anyone?
Also....there are quite a few Chi-Dopers on this board. I wish there was some way we could let each other know where the good dope was on certain days. Because even in the best tips, the quality of dope can vary from one week to the next. I doubt that the board would be a good place to discuss this. Maybe an e-mail list? Or is that just asking for trouble? (but its not like that police don't already know where the dope spots are in Chicago!)
I go to a methadone clinic where the screening is so in depth they can tell what kind of dope is prevalent in the area and all forms of synth dope

where i live the specs are in the reverse. when you buy a street bag , you get the white powder with a brownish or grayish hint. If its not chopped up very good then you see darker specs and that is the chunk(heroin) which is the pure form before the cut. i don't bother to buy dope unless its the uncut chu
blahblahblah ....Your explaination is just what I was hoping for. It makes perfect sense. And when I do open my bag & see the red specks, I know that the dope will be decent, so its very plausable that's its the coating from sleeping pills. Finally, one of life's mysteries solved! Thanks.
zorn...I'll drop you a line. I've rarely copped on the west side of Cicero, usually just the eastside (except for a great spot south of Lake) When I first started going downtown, I'd always hit Cicero...but the quality of dope has really gone down there IMO. I've been going to another area that has much better dope--in the neighborhoods around Chicago Ave b/t Pulaski & Hamlin. I'll e-mail you with the locations of the tips...
I live in ohio. Just curious. You can just go to a neighborhood and find dope all over? Here you just meet ppl here and there maybe get a tester then they usually delivered to you