• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

what are some substances being passed around as ketamine these days?

GreenMachine

Bluelighter
i have heard that here in the US, there are a lot of RC's being passed around as K as there is a drought right now. i do the stuff pretty sparingly these days so im not hip to the state of the ketamine scene. i have heard of things like MXE, norketamine, and 3/4-MeO-PCP being sold as K. i have only tried MXE out of the bunch and wasnt too into it, would rather have the real thing. does the mandelin test kit differentiate between these?

Interesting that you mention the drought as well, my supplier was talking about this last week as we were getting some massive crystalline ketamine, i mean like 10 chunks to a half gram at times. It was actually kind of ridiculous, crush one chunk and its like 150mg... and he knows 2 or 3 wholesalers that have gotten garbage stuff lately. I do it about once a week only 1-2g a weekend but yeah not buying it until things come back around.

I do know RCs can be passed off as K but its unlikely a true K scene would accept or deal with it. It makes itself obvious when the standard duration and dosage are off. I really couldnt say what would get substituted for it other then the PCP/K analogs that have been around for a while. I would say if your part of the scene its more like the quality will just drop. Last weekend i bought a gram to see if it was any good and blew the entire gram and got a little fucked up when normally 0.4g has me tranced, not holed but thinking "i cant even see going down the stairs as a 3 dimensional action its like trying to walk down a 2d picture" where as the stuff last week was like being a little drunk.

Sorry to ramble i just kinda thought the whole "drought" thing was mildly exaggerated as i just heard about it last week and got shitty K nice to know theres truth to it.

Guys, it's time to jump into the 3-MeO-PCP train.

Well, not really, for the harm reduction, it's a dangerous drug if you don't know what you're doing. Do your research before jumping any trains :)

Last edited:
I also noticed ketamine has become more expensive and harder to come by, didn't know there was a drought maybe that's why.

This kind of sounds like a "what should I take" thread. Comparing K to 3-meo is kind of like comparing apple juice to lemon juice. 3-meo is about ~10x as potent as K and lasts like 10x as long as well. Also substantially different in terms of it's effects. Treating 3-meo as if it were K could only lead to bad things IMO. That's not no say it's bad stuff, just it's pretty unforgiving and would be quite reckless to mistake it for K. 4-meo otoh night have a bit more in common though i never tried it.

And jumping into ANY train is a bad idea lol :p

Dried horse tranquilizer are being passed off as ketamine in my area but if your smart you could clearly identify that its not k. I live by a lot of horse ranches tho and they even try passing horse tranqs off as cocaine round here in indiana.

I doubt anybody would be passing off MXE as Ketamine nowadays - after being banned in China, little to no real MXE is being produced at this point, making it highly sought after by disso afficionados who would probably be willing to pay far more than what you'd get if you sold it as fake K.

Thanks for that. K scene at Shambles is pretty grim, it was only like 5 years ago i was sending people there to get it for me. One of the samples had PCP in it, the fuck. Wonder whats up with PMMA, if its going around again i would think there would be deaths but there haven't been any in the region in a long time. Maybe its safe(ish) in small doses? The fact PMMA was sold as K scares me though. Despite all the testing drugs in this area seem to be getting less pure with insanely dangerous substitutions, waiting for fentanyl to get in everything soon

I do know RCs can be passed off as K but its unlikely a true K scene would accept or deal with it. It makes itself obvious when the standard duration and dosage are off. I really couldnt say what would get substituted for it other then the PCP/K analogs that have been around for a while. I would say if your part of the scene its more like the quality will just drop. Last weekend i bought a gram to see if it was any good and blew the entire gram and got a little fucked up when normally 0.4g has me tranced, not holed but thinking "i cant even see going down the stairs as a 3 dimensional action its like trying to walk down a 2d picture" where as the stuff last week was like being a little drunk.

Sorry to ramble i just kinda thought the whole "drought" thing was mildly exaggerated as i just heard about it last week and got shitty K nice to know theres truth to it.

I think O-PCE and DXE could fool a novice maybe, the duration isn't THAT far off

I think O-PCE and DXE could fool a novice maybe, the duration isn't THAT far off

True but I was speaking about a scene motivated by ketamine and not profit margins, a real K scene if you will. The dosages on O-PCE seem to be too low to appear to be Ketamine, i know i have a good tolerance so i dont expect others to rail 200mg as a normal dose but ketamines standard dosing is higher and its duration shorter. Basically if i cant do it and be back to base line after sub k hole in 3 hours i would know its not K. DXE does have a better dosing thats closer to what i would say K should be but its duration is 50% higher.

Again not saying it couldnt fool a novice or someone who is buying it at a festival but if your part of a group that participates in using K someone is going to red flag it as "this stuff lasts too long, doses too small, doesnt have the same taste or consistency" But then again I am someone who is trying to lower his usage so in the past 6 months ive become very familiar with ketamine lol.

a correct mix of 2f-dck and dck/o-pce would fool many people, since 2f-dck is very close to a weaker version of ketamine and adding a bit of dck or o-pce wold make the potency fit too... and such a low dose of dck or o-pce wouldn't last too long and would not have many effects once the the 2f-dck wore of

i'm not really sure how profitable would making it and then trying to sell it as ketamine actually be vs just selling cut dck or real ketamine since you'd still not fool everyone and cut dck would be much cheaper and good enough to fool enough people

i think it might be possible

2f-dck is supposed to produce something bright yellow when tested with mandelin and ketamine should be more redish

(I wanted to say no but googled for how 2f-dck should react)

still i doubt that this would get sold as ketamine since cut dck is cheaper and still good enough to fool many..... it would be an interesting test to make such a mix and see how close to ketamine jou can get

The profit margin is too high to think it hasn't happened or isn't happening because of greedy shady MFers, I was going to use the word 'entrepreneurs' but anyone who would do that doesn't deserve the respect.

With that said, with DCK dropping in price overall and plenty available, it could be mixed at like a 1:3 or even 1:4 ratio w something benign like mannitol to create a shoddy k substitute. A little bit of o-pce could be sprinkled in for increased potency. Besides 2fdck which isn't even available in the US and is expensive anyway, those are the only things very available at the moment and could pass to someone who doesn't know what K is.

>The profit margin is too high to think it hasn't happened or isn't happening because of greedy shady MFers, I was going to use the word 'entrepreneurs' but anyone who would do that doesn't deserve the respect.

I think you misunderstood me. The profit margin for cut dck is even higher and the effects are close enough to fool enough people, so if one of us was one of those 'entrepreneurs' that's probably the best choice to sell as ketamine.

Doing the extra work to find the right ratio of 2f-dck and dck to make an even more similar substitute goes against the whole 'let's make some easy money by selling fake ketamine' mentality since it takes more work and has lower profit margins with the benefit of fooling some more people (you still wont fool everyone, and you would probably make more money by selling such a mixture online to people interested in experimenting with new drugs... I mean if some respectable rc vendor offered such a mixture with the correct labels and all I'd buy a gram to try what's it like maybe more if it turned out to be enjoyable (although being as cheap as I am I'd probably just buy 2f-dck and dck separately and mix them myself unless the mixture would cost the same)....).

Damn, why not buy liquid. I'm getting pharma grade liquid Anestaket S 25mg/ml for about $18 bucks a bottle(buy 4 at $22 get 5th free) plus shipping. I know it's a little weak sounding, but 75mg of the bonafide S isomer is pretty potent.
I also realize that some out there don't like S as much, but then you buy a bottle of the racemic for about 50 bucks a bottle for 50mg/ml and mix and match to stretch it out.
Personally, the S is fine by me though.
Just my 2 cents.
You can find anything if you just look.