• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

What are some signs of a DXM trip gone bad?

anotnon

Bluelighter
What are some of the physical signs that a dxm trip is going horribly wrong? I haven't done it in a while and i want to do an 8.7 mg/kg trip. I know theres a body load and that I'm not allergic to dxm and its only dxm in the syrup but still when are the physical effects just too much and so basically whats not normal during a trip? Like is it severe pain and pressure in the head, or shortness of breath and chest pain with a really fast heart rate or a leg or an arm going numb and red or what? I prefer answers from people who have done it more than just a few times so they whats typical or not

Last edited:
Dude i have no idea where to start. DXM is such a strange drug, i've had some weird ass shit happen while frying on DXM. the ONLY time i wasn't ok and had to take am ambulance ride was when i dosed 2 times a day for 7 days and hit plateau sigma. search plateau sigma here on BL and you'll understand.

Shortness of breath? normal for me every once in a while on a heavy dose.

pressure in the head? well thats to be expected with DXM it is fucking your brain in the ass.

fast heart rate combined with shortness of breath? could be anxiety due to being so high. Ive had this happen so many times but it was usually because i was starting to peak so hard that i was having anxiety about getting so high.

Honestly dude if you are being safe and using DXM-only products i wouldnt worry too much unless you started hitting plateau sigma. PLEASE research sigma before you try big ass doses of DXM. if you are a true DXM enthusiast you will research sigma and RESPECT it. plateau sigma humbled my ass far more than mushies and LSD.

Plateau sigma for me, if i describe it in short terms, was similar to dying. like for real. in my mind i completely was convinced that i had died. During my trip on sigma my soul felt that it was passing on into the afterlife. I was no longer myself. I was convinced i was dead because i was no longer in my body. Everything was so surreal that it is completely mind boggling that it is even capable of achieving this state while being alive. If i didnt know i took DXM i would not know the difference between death and plateau sigma. it is serious shit.

Last edited:
What is considered normal? People have widely varying reactions to DXM. The things you describe about the fucked up feeling, pressure in the head that is running red... what I would call hypertensive fever feelings, that is normal for me when I take DXM, so basically I concluded that my body doesn't handle DXM or the breakdown of it very well. I get that at a mild second plateau level so if that is normal for everyone, jesus christ people would be idiots to go to the third or fourth level.
Are they just too dissociated to be bothered by the side-effects, are they just that desperate to use DXM? It seems unreasonable, I think it is a matter of body chemistry.

If you get the same issues, maybe consider not taking DXM anymore. It is not like if that is supposed to be part of it that you should be okay with it. A messed up feeling is a messed up feeling, I don't know how much danger it indicates but just don't try to find out is my advice. If it feels wrong and not enjoyable, find other drugs that your body CAN handle well.

So yeah what sekio said: just ask yourself how you are feeling and act based on that.

as Sekio said you'll definetely know if your trip is going wrong.
why would you worry so much?
if for example you feel pressure in the head and it doesn't really bother you, is it a sign that your trip is going wrong? definetely no.
just remember that is VERY difficult to die on DXM unless you have severe serotonin syndrome or have the enzyme deficiency.

don't worry and enjoy your trip man :)

i've gotten crazy bent on that shit and the main issue was chest pain (not good) at high 3rd or 4th plateau doses.

When you wake up in a cage and the cops are saying you ate some bitch

I get that at a mild second plateau level so if that is normal for everyone, jesus christ people would be idiots to go to the third or fourth level.
Are they just too dissociated to be bothered by the side-effects, are they just that desperate to use DXM? It seems unreasonable, I think it is a matter of body chemistry.

Yeah this is a good example of how vastly different DXM affects people. It is so strange that each individual has their own ups and downs with the drug.

Personally 2nd plateau is boring and nothing but a super mild intoxication similar to having a stiff drink at the bar. 3rd plateau for me is a good functional intoxication but still can be alot of fun given the right set and setting. 4th plateua is always a blast for me. I favor DXM over all psychs but then again im a weird ass person and i love the way DXM just fucks me up. no other drug can get me on the level that DXM can. itss so strange yet so desirable to me. yeah sure i love the other psychs but they can be too familiar sometimes. its hard to explain but i love how weird and strange DXM makes me without dealing with all the rapid mood shifts that can happen while on mushies or acid.

its a consistent high that doesnt roller coaster me through the high. i prefer grapefruit juice with it and a SMALL 2nd dose about 2 hours in to make shit REALLY interesting. once that 2nd dose hits, shit hits the fan and im surfing through another dimension while time has completely stopped. i am unrecognizable even to myself. i love it<3

I've gotten heart racing panic, very scary at the time but I survived it. it lasted an hour, I guess its normal? Kind of scared of dosing that high again for fear of a repeat. Its happened on mxe +weed as well. Heart just starts racing no matter what I do to calm down.

it was on a on good trip, thought I was dying and called a friend to come stay with me to make sure i survived. That was my best dxm trip. Open and closed eye visuals, out of body experiences. feelings of transporting to different places hundreds of miles away.