• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

What advise can I give to help a heroin meth addict

xxsicknessxx

Bluelighter
So in a dream my sister's doing heroin and meth. She's works two days a week she's very nice, very pretty, thinks she's working very hard and even though she's late every day she thinks she's amazing.. but I'm scared to upset her because she's gets really mad and I see a path she could take that wouldn't hurt much to get to a better place. Taper down to a reasonable amount because I know I'm sober now I don't really want to talk drugs. It's a trigger in person. Online's fine. I should show her here. Really it might help. My dad's restaurant is really popular but I can handle this lame version of a drug addict. I dunno any general advise. I need to get her to get car insurance and health insurance. But I'm scared. I'm also not in the best place. I don't have any real help. Not mental help or love from my family. My dad works way to hard. If my feet didn't hurt and my back didn't hurt I would work 6 days a week .. my doctor's might given me pain meds which i happy about but they aren't fixing my pain or my back out or feet and I dunno they just want me to shut up and hope things get better. But in the end I want to be closer with my sister in a healthy way but I don't feel like I'm up to it... In tired. I have low blood counts in anemic.. also memory problems and thinking problems lately. Like it's hard at times to hold two thoughts in my head or I dunno hard to explain but I think I might forget how to cook obe of these days I'm also scared by sister will Over dose. I've found a person before overdosed from heroin it can't be her. I just help her a lot right now but she doesn't know it. I clean up after her, I work with her she's a waitress I don't ask for tips I let her keep it..I try... Im going on and on. Sorry I might delete this maybe I should just do what I'll doing now. Wait for things to get better. How's often do heroin addicts get clean on there own.

They don’t with out support. If you’re in your addiction you’d sound like a hypocrite saying anything about needing help. Maybe you two should get clean together?

Recommend her a dissociative, like ketamine. They together with some psychological aid can make you review your life from a detached perspective and correct irrational beliefs. But don't just hand it to her, rather do it together (she should take the higher dose, you just a little). I had some crazy telepathic experiences on deschloro-ketamine, and DXM helped me to change some beliefs about me and my life. If you cannot source ket, DXM will do it too but fucks you up much more.

So it sounds like you and your sister never talk about either of your drug use is that correct? It’s good that you are aware that you do not want to upset your sister. I am speaking from a Motivational Interviewing theory/philosophy point of view. So Motivational Interviewing theory based on research speaking with addicts suggest that speaking to a substance user in a commanding tone will push them away and is counter-productive. If you have gotten clean and could be seen as a powerful role-model and information resource who speaks to her with unconditional positive regard is ideal. If she is not considering getting clean, then we cannot necessarily force them to. We should voice that unconditional support is always here through you when she is ready even though that might not happen for a long time (years maybe even). Just my two cents.

That sounds like a shitty dream. The good news is that there is still clearly love in the picture. You've got the garden and supplies, we've just gotta cultivate it the right way.

I think if you want to do it the right way, you are going to have to conced your own faults to your sister completely while in the process of bringing hers up. You have the opportunity to do it together and rely on each other for strength. I would consider hitting up some meetings. Are you in the same area?

So in a dream my sister's doing heroin and meth. She's works two days a week she's very nice, very pretty, thinks she's working very hard and even though she's late every day she thinks she's amazing.. but I'm scared to upset her because she's gets really mad and I see a path she could take that wouldn't hurt much to get to a better place. Taper down to a reasonable amount because I know I'm sober now I don't really want to talk drugs. It's a trigger in person. Online's fine. I should show her here. Really it might help. My dad's restaurant is really popular but I can handle this lame version of a drug addict. I dunno any general advise. I need to get her to get car insurance and health insurance. But I'm scared. I'm also not in the best place. I don't have any real help. Not mental help or love from my family. My dad works way to hard. If my feet didn't hurt and my back didn't hurt I would work 6 days a week .. my doctor's might given me pain meds which i happy about but they aren't fixing my pain or my back out or feet and I dunno they just want me to shut up and hope things get better. But in the end I want to be closer with my sister in a healthy way but I don't feel like I'm up to it... In tired. I have low blood counts in anemic.. also memory problems and thinking problems lately. Like it's hard at times to hold two thoughts in my head or I dunno hard to explain but I think I might forget how to cook obe of these days I'm also scared by sister will Over dose. I've found a person before overdosed from heroin it can't be her. I just help her a lot right now but she doesn't know it. I clean up after her, I work with her she's a waitress I don't ask for tips I let her keep it..I try... Im going on and on. Sorry I might delete this maybe I should just do what I'll doing now. Wait for things to get better. How's often do heroin addicts get clean on there own.

How's often do heroin addicts get clean on there own.”

it took me over 3 decades

I'd love to know the answer to that question myself. I am far from sober really, but my life is radically different than when I was shooting Heroin. People say "I stole from my own Mother once", my version of that is "My mom didn't have enough shit to steal, so I got tired of her presence". I was never the type to hurt, kill or really rob anyone, but I could definitely steal mad shit and screw over those who loved me and betray them like nothing saying "it's just things, we'll all get over it someday right?". It was much uglier than what I really knew it was at the time. My life was devoid of true love, from my family, friends or anyone, I only had dope.

These days, I take care of an aging grandmother, take children to see Paw Patrol and have a job. It's not exactly "having the world by the balls" relative to say, Richard Branson, but it's like I said, a radical difference to me. It makes me wonder every day, how many people look back on their past life as a real life shade, a ghould a strigoi roaming the real and metaphorical shadows of life living only for the water of life that is dope? Who the fuck am I? How many are there like this?

I know a lot of folks in my AA group who are by the book. Not a drink, a pill a joint... I love that they're happy and one day I might join them there. I also see the abject junkies downtown who are all waking up with the sunlight on their hard benches with cardboard laid out underneath em, wondering where the first drink will come from. It is a long journey and it makes you really wonder.

It's a good question. I honestly have no idea.

That the only option (seemingly) is to go daily do the local substitution facility after in Switzerland they handed out the pills for 1-2 weeks at once, is a solid reason for me to stop using morphine. That's not diamorph but it doesn't make much difference for me, I used diamorph for a while before going into maintenance. Of course I would select diamorph over morphine if available, the rush is better and it's more potent etc. but in the end both are morphines.

I'd love to know the answer to that question myself. I am far from sober really, but my life is radically different than when I was shooting Heroin. People say "I stole from my own Mother once", my version of that is "My mom didn't have enough shit to steal, so I got tired of her presence". I was never the type to hurt, kill or really rob anyone, but I could definitely steal mad shit and screw over those who loved me and betray them like nothing saying "it's just things, we'll all get over it someday right?". It was much uglier than what I really knew it was at the time. My life was devoid of true love, from my family, friends or anyone, I only had dope.

These days, I take care of an aging grandmother, take children to see Paw Patrol and have a job. It's not exactly "having the world by the balls" relative to say, Richard Branson, but it's like I said, a radical difference to me. It makes me wonder every day, how many people look back on their past life as a real life shade, a ghould a strigoi roaming the real and metaphorical shadows of life living only for the water of life that is dope? Who the fuck am I? How many are there like this?

I know a lot of folks in my AA group who are by the book. Not a drink, a pill a joint... I love that they're happy and one day I might join them there. I also see the abject junkies downtown who are all waking up with the sunlight on their hard benches with cardboard laid out underneath em, wondering where the first drink will come from. It is a long journey and it makes you really wonder.

It's a good question. I honestly have no idea.
I had 10 yrs that I was squeakie clean and the first 5 yrs of that I got by going to NA, I’ll give credit where credit is due it’s not like I woke up one day and said “ I don’t wanna be a junkie no more” it didn’t happen like that ,this was the first time getting out of jail and I didn’t run to the cop spot to get high I went to a meeting instead and I made a habit of going to one a day then sometimes two a day and before you know it I had 3 yrs under my belt without missing a meeting , I continued going for a couple more yrs but 2-3 meetings a week till I stopped going all together, I behaved for about 5 yrs till I asked my doc for a Xanax script a couple yrs ago and here we are today.. I just dabble with stuff now, I’m looking forward to going back to Asia where you can walk into a pharmacy and pick up all kinds of things that make for a relaxing vacation

I had 10 yrs that I was squeakie clean and the first 5 yrs of that I got by going to NA, I’ll give credit where credit is due it’s not like I woke up one day and said “ I don’t wanna be a junkie no more” it didn’t happen like that ,this was the first time getting out of jail and I didn’t run to the cop spot to get high I went to a meeting instead and I made a habit of going to one a day then sometimes two a day and before you know it I had 3 yrs under my belt without missing a meeting , I continued going for a couple more yrs but 2-3 meetings a week till I stopped going all together, I behaved for about 5 yrs till I asked my doc for a Xanax script a couple yrs ago and here we are today.. I just dabble with stuff now, I’m looking forward to going back to Asia where you can walk into a pharmacy and pick up all kinds of things that make for a relaxing vacation
We will have to talk sometime. I too spent a few years traveling. I taught for a year in Cambodia and for a year in Kurdistan. When I first got to Kurdistan, I walked into the nicest pharmacy I could find. It said in big letters out front "Authentic German Medicine". I walked in and scribbled MORPHINE on a piece of paper. They shooed me out. I went to a shittier pharmacy down the road. I did the same thing. He asked me if I wanted Turkish, American or German, it was a matter of quality and price.

We will have to talk sometime. I too spent a few years traveling. I taught for a year in Cambodia and for a year in Kurdistan. When I first got to Kurdistan, I walked into the nicest pharmacy I could find. It said in big letters out front "Authentic German Medicine". I walked in and scribbled MORPHINE on a piece of paper. They shooed me out. I went to a shittier pharmacy down the road. I did the same thing. He asked me if I wanted Turkish, American or German, it was a matter of quality and price.
Yeah I was in Phnom Penh in February of 2020 but had to cut the trip short because of COVID , they’re supposed to open up in November ( quarantine free if vaccinated) most drugs are dirt cheap but some are a little pricey,oxy contin IR capsules 25 mg $25 ain’t exactly cheap but it’s pretty nice to be able to get them whenever you want, I believe Burma and Laos are just as loose with things

Yea, I was in Phnom Penh too. This was like 8 years ago though. Different times obviously. I'm guessing there are still a ton of Australians. Yea, they realize they can charge those prices. When I was in Cambodia and Kurdistan too, there was this element of "these drugs are way, way too cheap" as I was an American buying into a similar market as an essentially third-world people. It was an environment where price mattered little. I always had enough dope, more than I could easily use.

That was really before Opioids and Heroin made their big debut in the wake of the Purdue pharma payola shit. It's only the most recent wave of Opioid addiction though, I'm sure there have been hundreds throughtout the course of human history.

Now, anyone who can watch even ten minutes of news a week at their local tea shop knows Americans love dope.

They don’t with out support. If you’re in your addiction you’d sound like a hypocrite saying anything about needing help. Maybe you two should get clean together?

I'll ask the question. If I take Norcos am I still in addiction? It's from the doctor for a reason reason.
Umm just asking because my dad says the same thing that I shouldn't smoke weed.

But I pay for my weed. I've cut back on a lot on the last couple years and I got sober two years ago on new years. As my resolution. I don't drink, or do any illegal drugs.

I follow the laws and rules I don't do anything that could sense me to jail. I work. I'm a waiter so I give back to the community in a way.
I also am a much better s son and I feel like I should stick with what's working. I hope though my feet pain will go away someday.
But I still dunno what to do with my sister. She's a good person but she's thinking about getting with her x boyfriend heroin addict because he used give her drugs.
I know anything I say with back fire. So I'm just being nice while she takes advantage. I don't think she's knows she's taking gross advantage of me and my mom and dad.

But I care. I just know she has to quit. I has help quitting. I had my heart fail and spent six months in the hospital and they gave me plenty drugs in the hospital. So I had help I literally don't know how to help her get sober. Or even just become better at using drugs. U have plenty of advise but she's like a cat with nails.
I love my sister don't get the wrong idea. I just am trying my best and what if she over doses. I don't agree with how she's becoming normalized to this life style.
I see it but I can't stop her.

Btw I wish I had enough pain medication to really get rid the pain. I wish I could just get the drugs I want

But I am listen to what my doctor's say and pray for a better day.
It's coming I lift weights almost every single day, I work again.

My sister told me i whine to much and that there's nothing wrong with me it's all in my head. So see she gets help me even if she's bat shit insane of she thinks me worrying because my blood sugar keeps dropping. I caught it at 52 just recently. That's not in my head. Google says to check and if it's below 70 eat something. So I do. Then I check it again in ten min to be sure.

I'm just trying. It's hard I think there something wrong with my brain from my head injury. But I'm just going on to much now. I'm not a hypocrite. I wish I could use the computer for blue. Using a phone is annoying. But I'm happy to do it!

I'll ask the question. If I take Norcos am I still in addiction? It's from the doctor for a reason reason.
Umm just asking because my dad says the same thing that I shouldn't smoke weed.

But I pay for my weed. I've cut back on a lot on the last couple years and I got sober two years ago on new years. As my resolution. I don't drink, or do any illegal drugs.

I follow the laws and rules I don't do anything that could sense me to jail. I work. I'm a waiter so I give back to the community in a way.
I also am a much better s son and I feel like I should stick with what's working. I hope though my feet pain will go away someday.
But I still dunno what to do with my sister. She's a good person but she's thinking about getting with her x boyfriend heroin addict because he used give her drugs.
I know anything I say with back fire. So I'm just being nice while she takes advantage. I don't think she's knows she's taking gross advantage of me and my mom and dad.

But I care. I just know she has to quit. I has help quitting. I had my heart fail and spent six months in the hospital and they gave me plenty drugs in the hospital. So I had help I literally don't know how to help her get sober. Or even just become better at using drugs. U have plenty of advise but she's like a cat with nails.
I love my sister don't get the wrong idea. I just am trying my best and what if she over doses. I don't agree with how she's becoming normalized to this life style.
I see it but I can't stop her.

Btw I wish I had enough pain medication to really get rid the pain. I wish I could just get the drugs I want

But I am listen to what my doctor's say and pray for a better day.
It's coming I lift weights almost every single day, I work again.

My sister told me i whine to much and that there's nothing wrong with me it's all in my head. So see she gets help me even if she's bat shit insane of she thinks me worrying because my blood sugar keeps dropping. I caught it at 52 just recently. That's not in my head. Google says to check and if it's below 70 eat something. So I do. Then I check it again in ten min to be sure.

I'm just trying. It's hard I think there something wrong with my brain from my head injury. But I'm just going on to much now. I'm not a hypocrite. I wish I could use the computer for blue. Using a phone is annoying. But I'm happy to do it!
Welcome back xxsicknessxx. I don’t consider my advice better than others on here but I try to apply a Motivational Interviewing perspective when relating with people who are in active addiction.
If my sister was using, I would let her know that she could come to me about anything and that I won’t judge her or tell on her. If she ever needed a ride if she has any problem at all at any time, she could rely on me. Let her know that I love her more than anything as she will always be my baby sister. That you’re worried about her drug use but I’m not here to nag her in any way. Just asking her to be careful and that I love you.
Just my two cents worth if anything.

P.s. I would rather she would come to me in the event that she had ODd (and lived) than her being so angry at me that she won’t ever come to me after she ODs for the fact that I don’t hear nor understand her.

Peace.

Last edited:
I had a dream of fuckin Jenna Coleman,
but after waking up it felt rather stupid to think about what position to assume next.

What I am saying is, why are you paying attention to your dreams?
It's just floaty swirly timey-wimey mind junk