• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Cocaine What about taking cocaine orally?

AloneOnAHill

Greenlighter
I know snorting is better, and I do not want to try IV.

Do you have any experience taking it orally?
How do you do it? How safe is it?

It’s better to use sublingually than oral. A bit more gets into the bloodstream before hitting first pass metabolism. I’ve done pretty much every ROA you can think of for cocaine, oral and rectal were both a waste of time.

-GC

If we're speaking of physical safety, oral usage of Cocaine is going to be inherently safer than the more commonly used ROA of insufflation. Cocaine causes death to tissue it comes into contact with by blocking blood flow to that area. This is not a "you touch it you die" type of thing, but damage to soft tissue is a perennial concern of even the semi-habitual Cocaine user. I know plenty of "weekend warriors" who have holes in their septum as a result of moderate Cocaine intake.

When Cocaine was less expensive, way back in the day, say, a century ago and previous, Cocaine was taken most commonly via the oral route. There were a wide-range of products consisting of Cocaine dissolved in an Alcoholic beverage. A very well-known brand was "Vin Mariani" or Mariani Wine in English. It "worked so well" that it was even endorsed by the Pope, which consequently led to an explosion in popularity that was only interrupted by the pre-drug war days of the early 20th century. I'm mostly referring to the Patent Medicine Act of 1905 which required all medications to list their ingredients. This was a prelude to the Harrison Narcotic Act of 1914 which was the true start of the current era of American drug policy through policing.

Cocaine will be absorbed by the gut, but to a lesser extent than by insufflation. Basically, Cocaine is half as potent by the oral route than by the intranasal route; 33% and 66% respectively. These pharmacological traits are essentially identical to Morphine/Heroin and proportions like this are pretty common. If you're ever grasping at straws, you can broadly assume that with most substances, the intranasal route will be twice as potent as the oral route. Also, the pharmacokinetics will consist of a slower onset, peak and offset as to be expected. You can probably assume you're experience will last 25% longer than had you insufflated with peaks and troughs being less potent.

I could see how having some wine with your friends with Cocaine in it could be enjoyable. You can spike the bottle itself and you can all just chill as if you were drinking normal, non-Cocaine wine. The experience, as discussed will be gentler and slower. If you are all taking intermittent sips of wine, you would probably arrive at a baseline point as some sips wear off and others take effect, if that makes any sense to you.

For the Too Long, Didn't Read: The bioavailability of Cocaine ranges like any drug. Cocaine intranasally is approximately double the potency if taken per oral. Cocaine is very expensive, so most people are not trying to basically flush half their shit down the toilet.

I don't know about you guys but drinking a bottle of booze on its own is pretty fun. I think it would only be more fun with a bunch of Cocaine dissolved in the liquor.

In a different time where Cocaine and Heroin would have been the same cost as any other medicine, I can really see how oral Cocaine could work. The pharmacokinetics of Cocaine would line up favorably with those of Alcohol, like taking a shot every hour or so throughout an evening.

Now we pay hundreds of dollars to use Cpcaine for 2-3 hours at a time. It's just different economics. I will add that I've swallowed Cocaine on a couple of strange occasions and the experience was more or less exactly like one would expect, Cocaine, bit slower and lower.