Lost What’s stronger? Me or my friend knotted in my sock?

noddedallwayup

Bluelighter
I really want it this time.

I continue to tell myself after promising the person letting me move in tomorrow that I WILL NOT bring drugs in their home. Knowing that the cellophane of meth in my sock would have me in their bathroom minutes after the conversation.
They seem to want it more than I can, I’ve made it 24hrs without drinking because they have helped push me. But no amount of hope from them will keep my nose from burning and the surprised look off their face when they see me still up at 6a.m next morning.

I’ve made it a maximum of 59 days sober, felony time a week after my 18th birthday. I got out hopeful, almost remembering the sound of my own happiness. It lasted a couple of hours. Then I was back, drinking myself into another daily blackout. Celebrating right?

After my Dad died when I was 7 years old my mom fucked us up. Half a million life insurance policy and a raging Opana epidemic made sure our sad little lives grew up to finding her boyfriends oded, even after finding her passed out against the bathroom door next to him dead with his head cocked in the toilet, no one stopped the trauma. It took my little brother being born unbelievably addicted to heroin for CPS to turn their heads in our direction.

Sending us all to separate homes was their solution. No Father, no Mother, and no siblings. It worked out though, after I was sent to live separate with an 80 something year old relative it all started to make sense.
Just drink. Just drink till you don’t care about being alone, and while you’re at it hit up your buddy for his Addy script. Honestly, I wish that would’ve been it. Just some pills & alcohol to cope. It ended up in sketchy alleys in cities I didn’t know, buying balls of heroin because addies became xans, xans to norcos, roxies, anything i could manage to get in my small 10,000 population town. If it wasn’t here then a quick 30 minute trip to Louisville would surely result in a nod or night of jaw-clenching bliss.

So here I am, 21 years old. 3 cases and a felony record. No clue on how to live like a real functioning adult. Small trash bag of clothes and a phone. Active Addiction silently raging behind my mask of sobriety I hold up, sunset to sundown using the absolute cheapest vodka I can find. As long as the world sees me drunk they’ll never know that my sobriety was about as real as a fent free $3 bar.

2 lines and a handful of roxies from my sock or the prospect of a real life?

I hope it works out this time.

@noddedallwayup Oh my God :( Things have been so hard for you. I wish strength to you and offer my empathy.

"prospect of a real life" huh? You are 21 years old. You have EVERYTHING waiting for you, a whole life. I hope you don't mind, but i would suggest some professional help at this point. Not like locking you up in some rehab clinic somewhere, but professionals who you can talk to. Doctors, nurses, social workers and so on.

@noddedallwayup Oh my God :( Things have been so hard for you. I wish strength to you and offer my empathy.

"prospect of a real life" huh? You are 21 years old. You have EVERYTHING waiting for you, a whole life. I hope you don't mind, but i would suggest some professional help at this point. Not like locking you up in some rehab clinic somewhere, but professionals who you can talk to. Doctors, nurses, social workers and so on.
I appreciate the support more than I can put in words! I really would love some form of professional help however my court-appointed therapy from 14-18 only gave me mistrust in all 7 psychologists I saw. Recounting detail after detail and months of building trust always ended in them leaving the company and restarting the process. I know it’s not all that way, but with a set of trust issues a mile long and a hatred for my past I don’t really think I can try at it again.

Hopefully this guy really does want to help, he helped me apply for a meeting to see about college using my Dad’s G.I. bill and got me a job interview for a IT company. I’m supposed to go and move into his living room later today. It could work out, I just don’t know if I’ll let it.

I appreciate the support more than I can put in words! I really would love some form of professional help however my court-appointed therapy from 14-18 only gave me mistrust in all 7 psychologists I saw. Recounting detail after detail and months of building trust always ended in them leaving the company and restarting the process. I know it’s not all that way, but with a set of trust issues a mile long and a hatred for my past I don’t really think I can try at it again.

Hopefully this guy really does want to help, he helped me apply for a meeting to see about college using my Dad’s G.I. bill and got me a job interview for a IT company. I’m supposed to go and move into his living room later today. It could work out, I just don’t know if I’ll let it.
7 psychologist you do not trust, that is understandable. It is all about chemistry between two human beings. If there is no working chemistry or "trust" as you say, then it is pointless. However, if the chemistries match, then it can be really fruitful. I had that happen to me once when i was younger. But she had to leave, i can't remember was it a job opportunity or further studying, but she left the city. But those maybe 3 months when i spoke with her once a week were really beneficial and fruitful, regarding my mental health. But some psychologists are only there for the salary. Or even worse, only there to somehow fulfill their twisted ways of influencing the minds of vulnerable people.

You have hatred for your past? Why? Look how you started this all. The circumstances you were born into. What happened in your childhood and early adulthood. What should you be then? CEO of Google? Look, you are getting a place to live in, and a job interview also. If you ask me, that is pretty fucking close to a miracle! You have survivor spirit. I admire people who have survivor spirit.

7 psychologist you do not trust, that is understandable. It is all about chemistry between two human beings. If there is no working chemistry or "trust" as you say, then it is pointless. However, if the chemistries match, then it can be really fruitful. I had that happen to me once when i was younger. But she had to leave, i can't remember was it a job opportunity or further studying, but she left the city. But those maybe 3 months when i spoke with her once a week were really beneficial and fruitful, regarding my mental health. But some psychologists are only there for the salary. Or even worse, only there to somehow fulfill their twisted ways of influencing the minds of vulnerable people.

You have hatred for your past? Why? Look how you started this all. The circumstances you were born into. What happened in your childhood and early adulthood. What should you be then? CEO of Google? Look, you are getting a place to live in, and a job interview also. If you ask me, that is pretty fucking close to a miracle! You have survivor spirit. I admire people who have survivor spirit.
Your perspective is contagiously hopeful, I really do want this small win in my life. For some reason I continuously self-destruct the moment things actually work out in my favor. It makes it hard to keep trying but if we’re not trying then what‘s even the point of it all, right?

Your perspective is contagiously hopeful, I really do want this small win in my life. For some reason I continuously self-destruct the moment things actually work out in my favor. It makes it hard to keep trying but if we’re not trying then what‘s even the point of it all, right?
I relate HEAVILY now!

I have self-destructing ways of behavior also. And they are at their maximum when the dawn is finally there, and some rays of the sun reach my eyes, my mind, after a night that felt eternal.

Almost like i am scared of feeling happy. Mom said to me once that it is the case. I am starting to believe it. You might be very much like me, but you just understood the situation WAY YOUNGER than i did!

Yep, we gotta keep trying. But i always do not try. White flag. High in the air, and i am waving it. Then things get absolutely too sour, and i have to try again. Then i gain something. Then i start to feel like maybe this life of mine, this existence, could work somehow. Then i fuck it all up.

I repeat anyway: we gotta keep trying!