• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Meth What’s going on with my washes?

BlueEyesBrown

Greenlighter
I’ve been washing all my gear for the past few months. In the beginning I was doing strictly acetone washes. I followed all the directions I was able to find regarding using epsom salts and making anhydrous acetone. These washes were good and helped to some degree. However I was still experiencing some issues with cut and decided to start using hot IPA after my initial acetone wash. I know it’s not very complicated but my results with this have been less than I’d hoped. The gear is behaving oddly when the puddle is coming back to a solid. Instead of “cracking” back as you’d expect, some portions actually solidify upwards, like little towers. I’ve yet to try any of this gear as observing its behavior has made me wary. I rewash with the acetone after the hot IPA. I’m okay with the expense of losing some gear in order to learn this and to get it right. But I don’t want to continue needlessly wasting it if what I’m doing is flawed, as it appears to be. Sincerely appreciate any help or advice in advance.