• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Wet dreams and withdrawals.

kaosisallwesee

Bluelighter
The topic of low testosterone levels and long term opioid use has come up more than once recently amongst a few friends/BLers. And it got me thinking back to my daily use and multiple withdrawals. While I was using I wasn't interested in sex too much, I could still perform but it always felt like more effort than it was worth.
Skip to withdrawals and I couldn't stop thinking about sex, I'd even have "wet dreams", which as a 26 year old at the time was rather odd, especially as I didn't get them during puberty (very rarely, maybe once or twice before trying to withdraw from opioids). Once the acute WD symptoms passed so did the random errections and busting my nut while I slept lol. But after 3 or 4 weeks I started getting pretty bad depression and my sex drive felt no existent again. I saw my doctor and had a blood test, turns out my testosterone levels were well below average even after a month of being sober. I think it took around 4 months to feel 100% normal again. I did a home hormone level test about 6 months after and it was still a tiny bit on the low side. I was shocked by how long my biochemistry took to return to normal. It's definitely something guys need to be more aware of when it comes to opioids and other drugs that lead to a change in hormone levels with prolonged use.
Any other guys have to deal with low testosterone on opioids, and am I alone in having wet dreams while in withdrawals? I'm curious if it's more common that most guys will admit, I know this will be the first time I've personally discused this aspect of opioid withdrawal.

Last edited:
Yeah, I don't know if the tramadol lowered testosterone a lot, unlike stronger opioids, but when I took it the same thing happened to me: "zero interest in sex". And when I quit it, I was hot all fucking day, wet dreams, random erections (fuck!! that shit yeah it was embarrassing :LOL:) . It was like I was 14-18 years old again. Besides, it didn't last 10 seconds on the "act". WTF! This got better over the weeks, but even at 2 months it could not last more than 1-2 minutes. At least I was single during those days. Imagine having a partner who in addition to being addicted to painkillers suffers from premature ejaculation. :confused:

Yeah, I don't know if the tramadol lowered testosterone a lot, unlike stronger opioids, but when I took it the same thing happened to me: "zero interest in sex". And when I quit it, I was hot all fucking day, wet dreams, random erections (fuck!! that shit yeah it was embarrassing :LOL:) . It was like I was 14-18 years old again. Besides, it didn't last 10 seconds on the "act". WTF! This got better over the weeks, but even at 2 months it could not last more than 1-2 minutes. At least I was single during those days. Imagine having a partner who in addition to being addicted to painkillers suffers from premature ejaculation. :confused:

I should also add that the fucking opioids kill my appetite but during and after the comedown it makes me want to eat sweets all day long. And despite not consuming them in 1 months or more, I still prefer sweet things to salty.

I feel you on the premature nut bustin'... Like being 16 again lol. I find it gets worse if I worry about it, like if I try and last longer I just cum quicker haha.
The best solution I found was to try and forget about it, like I'd convince myself that the problem didn't exist. I was lucky enough to have a loving and understanding partner who helped me through WDS.
I will say that frequency of fucking made a big difference. The first few months after I'd recovered we had sex daily (compared to once ever 10 days - two weeks when using opioids). At first I'd last 2 mins at the most, so I'd use foreplay and oral stuff to make her happy before prematurely finishing lol. But it improved pretty quickly, and returned to "normal" within a month or two. Then the PAWS kicked in and I found out my hormones were all messed up, but again fast forward another month or two and testosterone had shot up to just below normal levels.

I often experience hypealgesia when in wds/post-wds. Perhaps the same mechanism is responsible for an overly sensitive penis? I wonder if women experience something similar and find it easier to orgasm when in a similar situation?

I often experience hypealgesia when in wds/post-wds. Perhaps the same mechanism is responsible for an overly sensitive penis? I wonder if women experience something similar and find it easier to orgasm when in a similar situation?

Interesting question. I would like to hear a female opinion regarding these side effects.

I read somewhere that opioids can cause male infertility, do everyone knows more about this? :oops:

EDIT

Shit. I don't know about other drugs but tramadol can cause it. Scary shit.