• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Went on a drug binge and im scared for my brain

hockeygabe101

Greenlighter
Im 18 and went on a week drug binge doing cocaine (2grams) MDMA(2grams) and a decent amount of xanax. I have been sober 5 months an am worried because i have severe hppd, derealization , low energy, and poor memory. Im not a avid drug user, but something traumatic happened to me in my life, and I went off the rails buying every drug I could and doing them. If i stay sober for a long time, will my brain go back to normal. By that I mean (feel pleasure, no hppd, more energy). Please give me your insight if you have knowledge on this. I have been worried and having bad panic attacks/anxiety because of worrying I will never feel balanced again.

Im 18 and went on a week drug binge doing cocaine (2grams) MDMA(2grams) and a decent amount of xanax. I have been sober 5 months an am worried because i have severe hppd, derealization , low energy, and poor memory. Im not a avid drug user, but something traumatic happened to me in my life, and I went off the rails buying every drug I could and doing them. If i stay sober for a long time, will my brain go back to normal. By that I mean (feel pleasure, no hppd, more energy). Please give me your insight if you have knowledge on this. I have been worried and having bad panic attacks/anxiety because of worrying I will never feel balanced again.

Ive felt the same way you are feeling before and I’m here to tell you the human body and brain are amazing things.

Chances are with sobriety you will completely recover, and everything will be just fine.

A healthy diet, some supplements like fish oil, curcumin, ALA, NAC, magnesium, a multi vitamin, and exercise will help your body and brain recover.

But I wouldn’t worry too much my friend, just take care of your brain and it will thank you. The more you worry you did damage the more you’re gonna believe your brain is damaged even if it may not be.

It’s likely the drugs you did did do some damage but like I said you will recover from this if you remain abstinent especially from MDMA, which is known to produce long comedowns and depression when abused heavily

Ive felt the same way you are feeling before and I’m here to tell you the human body and brain are amazing things.

Chances are with sobriety you will completely recover, and everything will be just fine.

A healthy diet, some supplements like fish oil, curcumin, ALA, NAC, magnesium, a multi vitamin, and exercise will help your body and brain recover.

But I wouldn’t worry too much my friend, just take care of your brain and it will thank you. The more you worry you did damage the more you’re gonna believe your brain is damaged even if it may not be.

It’s likely the drugs you did did do some damage but like I said you will recover from this if you remain abstinent especially from MDMA, which is known to produce long comedowns and depression when abused heavily
Thankyou for the reassurance man... It's been a depressing 5 months. Im gonna start exercising and eating healthy to fix it. I wish i would have not been so impulsive, adleast now I know. I hope that I will one day be able to live without so much worry and anxiety and these visual disturbances. Some days are better than others and others are worse. Im just gonna keep praying that this will go away, because I learned my lesson.

I'm sorry! You have very, very likely not done permanent damage. The body has an amazing ability to heal itself, though it might take a bit to return to homeostasis. Especially being only 18, your prognosis is very good. Exercise, drink water and eat well and your body will sort it out for you, you just need to give it time.

I have certainly been in situations where i have felt like i broke myself and that i would never go back to normal again. I have always recovered.

How much xanax was consumed over what period of time? Alot of this could be rebound anxiety from the benzo uses which resembles what you are experiencing.

Last edited:
Exercise, a healthy diet, sleep, and time will all help you recover. People don't get enough of any of these in our modern society.

Take care <3

I'm sorry! You have very, very likely not done permanent damage. The body has an amazing ability to heal itself, though it might take a bit to return to homeostasis. Especially being only 18, your prognosis is very good. Exercise, drink water and eat well and your busy will sort it out for you, you just need to give it time.

I have certainly been in situations where i have felt like i broke myself and that i would never go back to normal again. I have always recovered.

How much xanax was consumed over what period of time? Alot of this could be rebound anxiety from the benzo uses which resembles what you are experiencing.
I did a whole bunch in a night and drank with them. i was rolling the dice with my life a little bit. But it was only one night.

Than
Exercise, a healthy diet, sleep, and time will all help you recover. People don't get enough of any of these in our modern society.

Take care <3
Thanks im never taking my health for granted again. I just feel like a dark cloud is lingering over me as of right now. By that I mean depression.

This binge was 5 months ago? You're still experiencing all those symptoms? What was your mental state like before the binge? Any clinical depression?
I dont mean to make you worry but if you've been abstaining from everything for 5 months you shouldn't be dealing with those side effects.
MDMA is probably the worst of the drugs you mentioned, with some of the longest lasting mental side effects out there even with just occasional use. But 5 months? 😬...
I know everyone's built differently but realistically you should've been fine after a couple weeks.
You might just be dealing with a lingering realization of just how bad it's possible to feel for absolutely no reason. I know i was after my first few meth comedowns. It's actually traumatic for some people.

But, you're young. You'll bounce back eventually. And it doesn't sound like you have much of a drug history so that is a huge advantage. Just quit while you're ahead.

It’s a few years since my MDMA binges and I still think my working memory is affected - but it’s hard to know what the cause is. Maybe just old age and maybe a bunch of other drugs in the meantime. In terms of healthy respect for cognitive damage it can do I rate MDMA as pretty up there.

This binge was 5 months ago? You're still experiencing all those symptoms? What was your mental state like before the binge? Any clinical depression?
I dont mean to make you worry but if you've been abstaining from everything for 5 months you shouldn't be dealing with those side effects.
MDMA is probably the worst of the drugs you mentioned, with some of the longest lasting mental side effects out there even with just occasional use. But 5 months? 😬...
I know everyone's built differently but realistically you should've been fine after a couple weeks.
You might just be dealing with a lingering realization of just how bad it's possible to feel for absolutely no reason. I know i was after my first few meth comedowns. It's actually traumatic for some people.

But, you're young. You'll bounce back eventually. And it doesn't sound like you have much of a drug history so that is a huge advantage. Just quit while you're ahead.
I had anxiety/depression.... I took a large amount of mdma in a night and have felt bad ever since then. I sometimes feel like im tripping when im sober.