• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Wellbutrin

thebigd^

Greenlighter
So I have a TBI. I'm 31. Spent the past two years in a nursing home, got kicked out... unrelated reasons then slandered (found my scales and kilos of kratom that were all free) said I was selling. Long story short I'm in an ER have been for 23 days, today I find out about placement into a TBI place.

So very, very familiar with all cathinones. During my times in county my first one was suggested by my celly, 150mg sr wellbutrin. Said it was like coke. Come to find out a year or two after it was a cathinone and that explained my then current extreme addiction to Hexen, 4mpd, a-php/pvp.

Does anyone recreationally snort wellies?

Recreational Wellbutrin usage sounds incredibly unpleasant. It is a nicotine antagonist and at high enough doses, it will cause delirium, unpleasant hallucinations (think Benadryl) and serious physical health issues. People have died from ODing on it. It can also be quite hard on your body even at the high end of therapeutic dosages (300-450)
I know someone who has been taking SR prescription for years, and when they tried chewing up their pills a few times said they just got a rush for an hour or so and then hours of mild nausea. Whenever they accidentally took an extra, they'd know because they'd feel very tweaky for the rest of the night and get awful stomach pain throughout the next day. It's not a very fun drug. Everyone else I know who took it prescribed hated it so much that they went off of it.
I STRONGLY recommend staying clear of this one. Attempt to taper yourself off of the cathinones if at all possible. But whatever you do, stay clear of non-prescription use of Wellbutrin and the like.

I use to when I was younger.
I could see with how caustic it is, burning a hole in your nasal cavity if you did it long enough.

It provided a weak, short euphoria. Stimulation and a tiny bit of motivation. If I kept going though, I'd end up with auditory hallucinations for some reason (in less than 24 hours). Definitely not something that's gonna keep you going all night and enjoying it.
Plus there is a heightened seizure risk, which is just not worth it mostly for such a weak euphoria.

And once you have any sort of stimulant tolerance, it becomes worthless.
Since it's also a dopamine reuptake inhibitor, it will block dopamine release from anything else you take. Or at least that's what I'd expect from inhibition of dopamine reuptake and was also my experience when used with other things. Opioid euphoria felt blunted on buproprion.

Tried it again once I got older for depression but found there was nothing fun about it anymore and did not help my depression. In fact I think it was throwing me into nicotine withdrawals all the time and felt unpleasant and anxiety-provoking.

Not worth it!

Since it's also a dopamine reuptake inhibitor, it will block dopamine release from anything else you take. Or at least that's what I'd expect from inhibition of dopamine reuptake and was also my experience when used with other things. Opioid euphoria felt blunted on buproprion.
There's countless reports on people prescribed both Wellbutrin and stimulant ADHD medication. In theory, inhibiting DAT would just reduce addiction and to a lesser extent euphoria by preventing the transport of dopamine to the nucleus accumbens. Wellbutrin also increases the blood levels of amphetamines.
The reason it minimized opioid effectiveness was likely due to its CYP2D6 inhibition, preventing the conversion of most OTC/prescription opioids into morphine.

Very exciting to read replies that go with what I am thinking. I was hit by a car while homeless a few years ago, was in a nursing home... now waiting for a real placement. In fairly sure I've had a seizure or two while recreationally using them. By no means am I going to keep using wellbutrin after I leave the hospital as I can smoke cigarettes and weed where I am going. It's legal here. Because of my TBI I am scared to use anything I once did - everything affects me differently. Personally I've noticed while doing this TID here at the er, my addiction to everything still exists so this has been enough for me honestly. Ready to go back to my weed and Red Bali!

Very exciting to read replies that go with what I am thinking. I was hit by a car while homeless a few years ago, was in a nursing home... now waiting for a real placement. In fairly sure I've had a seizure or two while recreationally using them. By no means am I going to keep using wellbutrin after I leave the hospital as I can smoke cigarettes and weed where I am going. It's legal here. Because of my TBI I am scared to use anything I once did - everything affects me differently. Personally I've noticed while doing this TID here at the er, my addiction to everything still exists so this has been enough for me honestly. Ready to go back to my weed and Red Bali!
Wellbutrin is an anti-smoking medication, it will block the effects of cigarettes and nicotine usage may even cause dysphoria while the Wellbutrin is still in your system (Which can take days to get out due to its metabolites). Best to avoid it entirely, even right now.

Interesting.

I thought I read somewhere that wellbutrin can completely block the effects of MDMA (although not sure how & I could be wrong).
I also thought it could block m-amp.

And actually, the opioid in question was buprenorphine. Which isn't very euphoric to begin with, but even less so when buproprion is taken before hand.
I noticed the same thing with ritalin. Usually bupe feels good on an amp come down but on ritalin, it was like any subjective opioid warmth or euphoria was blocked.

I could be just an anomaly though I guess.

I thought I read somewhere that wellbutrin can completely block the effects of MDMA (although not sure how & I could be wrong).
I also thought it could block m-amp.
The friend in question had both an Adderall prescription (Started after Wellbutrin, said Vyvanse + Dexedrine felt the same before and after though) and tried MDMA a few times. All effects seemed to be as normal.
A study found that Wellbutrin actually increases the blood concentration of MDMA and thus the positive effects while decreasing negative physical side effects (which many scientists believe are strongly linked to neurotoxicity) through its blockage of the NET. I'll link it later if I remember to.

So I have a TBI. I'm 31. Spent the past two years in a nursing home, got kicked out... unrelated reasons then slandered (found my scales and kilos of kratom that were all free) said I was selling. Long story short I'm in an ER have been for 23 days, today I find out about placement into a TBI place.

So very, very familiar with all cathinones. During my times in county my first one was suggested by my celly, 150mg sr wellbutrin. Said it was like coke. Come to find out a year or two after it was a cathinone and that explained my then current extreme addiction to Hexen, 4mpd, a-php/pvp.

Does anyone recreationally snort wellies?
Deffo not any euphoric affects. Some people snort it. ( it literally doesn’t do anything, but it makes you not able to stop. ) gets all stuck in your nostrils. I messed with it years ago.
As far as use. A doctor told me it’s different then a lot of other antidepressants because it has a tiny stimulant affect and will make you get out of bed which is bollocks. It didn’t help me one bit. Was on it and told I’d have results within a week. I can compare it to maybe drinking a cup of coffee. ( you will not get high ) it’s just a potential seizure waiting to happen if you take too much. I don’t understand why people including me snort it and it is impossible to stop. Gets to the point you can’t even breathe out of your nose. I could guarantee as much as this is letting you down. Chugging a Mountain Dew is stronger then any stimulant affects from it. Not sure if he lied on purpose. It’s like the people who snort norco and think it does something.
I seen what you are addicted to and not a clue what those are. Good luck to you man. Seriously wish you the best.

The friend in question had both an Adderall prescription (Started after Wellbutrin, said Vyvanse + Dexedrine felt the same before and after though) and tried MDMA a few times. All effects seemed to be as normal.
A study found that Wellbutrin actually increases the blood concentration of MDMA and thus the positive effects while decreasing negative physical side effects (which many scientists believe are strongly linked to neurotoxicity) through its blockage of the NET. I'll link it later if I remember to.
Interesting!

Maybe I'm thinking of blockage of NET then.

I thought dopamine & serotonin release were the reason for neurotoxicity, thus by inhibiting the reuptake of dopamine, it would lessen the severity of it.
But I'm definitely no pharmacology major. lol Just like to study the things I put in my body. I'll look around for more info about this.

Buprenorphine is a weak dopamine releaser(relative to heroin), which is why I assumed it's effects felt dampened when I had a DRI in my system (which was also my subjective experience).