• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants Wellbutrin XR + Concerta

Vrachox

Bluelighter
Hi everyone.
I was in persribes combibation Wellbutrin XR 150mg(4 weeks after 4 weeks 300mg) in the morning along with concerta 36mg.
I have adhd and some kind of "lazy" depression where i feel boredom all the time and do nothing.
I started with building small habits and gradualy upping the time i spent on acitivites i want to do even tho i feel no satisfaction.
My first question does anybody had experience with lazy depression and can give me few tips.
Other question is wellbutrin + concerta combination tips and other.
Thank you all

I'm prescribed 300mg Wellbutrin XR + 90mg Concerta daily. No complaints. Maybe appetite is a little supressed, but I consider that a good thing.

Helps my ADHD. Not as well as Adderall of course, but Adderall is illegal where I live so this is the best I could get.

One thing though (cause of Wellbutrin): If you're a heavy smoker, tone it down a bit. You don't have to quit, just lessen nicotine intake. Wellbutrin is a nicotine agonist.

Hi everyone.
I was in persribes combibation Wellbutrin XR 150mg(4 weeks after 4 weeks 300mg) in the morning along with concerta 36mg.
I have adhd and some kind of "lazy" depression where i feel boredom all the time and do nothing.
I started with building small habits and gradualy upping the time i spent on acitivites i want to do even tho i feel no satisfaction.
My first question does anybody had experience with lazy depression and can give me few tips.
Other question is wellbutrin + concerta combination tips and other.
Thank you all

They are both stimulants that exert their effects in a similar way. I don't want to overload you with information. An oversimplification would be to say that Methylphenidate (Conerta; Ritalin) is the liquor and Bupropion (Wellbutrin) is the beer. Just like when you are trying to get drunk with beer, you're consuming calories, carbohydrates, plant matter etc. whereas liquor is a more straightforward route to the same biological function.

Again, this is an oversimplification intended to help you understand. There are subtleties to these substances that you should familiarize yourself with.

Bupropion is essentially a longer-acting, less potent Central Nervous System stimulant than Methylphenidate. I'm not a pharmacist or a doctor. If you want my opinion, I wouldn't personally take both Bupropion and another stimulant. I feel for the sake of simplicity and safety as well that all objectives could likely be accomplished by the appropriate dose of one or the other.

When I read the post, I immediately started feeling anxiety, as Bupropion always made me feel wired in an uncomfortable way. To throw something like Methylphenidate on top of that... I'm literally feeling my heartbeat right now just thinking about it. It doesn't seem like a combination that would be well-tolerated by most people. I don't think there is anything inherently unsafe about it though. If it works for you, great.

If you do have issues with Anxiety, Palpitations, Perspiration, Tremors et cetera then you might feel better with less total stimulants. Let us know how it goes or if you have any questions.

I'm prescribed 300mg Wellbutrin XR + 90mg Concerta daily. No complaints. Maybe appetite is a little supressed, but I consider that a good thing.

Helps my ADHD. Not as well as Adderall of course, but Adderall is illegal where I live so this is the best I could get.

One thing though (cause of Wellbutrin): If you're a heavy smoker, tone it down a bit. You don't have to quit, just lessen nicotine intake. Wellbutrin is a nicotine agonist.
Thank you very much,i am happy that you feel ok and have no complaints.
I would tone nicotine intake tnx for advice

They are both stimulants that exert their effects in a similar way. I don't want to overload you with information. An oversimplification would be to say that Methylphenidate (Conerta; Ritalin) is the liquor and Bupropion (Wellbutrin) is the beer. Just like when you are trying to get drunk with beer, you're consuming calories, carbohydrates, plant matter etc. whereas liquor is a more straightforward route to the same biological function.

Again, this is an oversimplification intended to help you understand. There are subtleties to these substances that you should familiarize yourself with.

Bupropion is essentially a longer-acting, less potent Central Nervous System stimulant than Methylphenidate. I'm not a pharmacist or a doctor. If you want my opinion, I wouldn't personally take both Bupropion and another stimulant. I feel for the sake of simplicity and safety as well that all objectives could likely be accomplished by the appropriate dose of one or the other.

When I read the post, I immediately started feeling anxiety, as Bupropion always made me feel wired in an uncomfortable way. To throw something like Methylphenidate on top of that... I'm literally feeling my heartbeat right now just thinking about it. It doesn't seem like a combination that would be well-tolerated by most people. I don't think there is anything inherently unsafe about it though. If it works for you, great.

If you do have issues with Anxiety, Palpitations, Perspiration, Tremors et cetera then you might feel better with less total stimulants. Let us know how it goes or if you have any questions.
Thank you for your explanaiton i got it.
I dont have much problems with anxiety more with low energy,low motivation and etx.
Also i tolerate stimulants well so i will try