• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants wellbutrin snorted

Newagebuddha

Greenlighter
How is the mechanism of action and which metabolites are different from taking wellbutrin orally compared to inhalation through the nose?

Why would you want to snort an antidepressant? There aren't any worthwhile recreational effects and most SSRI's require accumulative dosing to achieve the desired effects.

Snorting Wellbutrin is a big thing in jail. Lots of inmates snort Wellbutrin as a substitute for cocaine.

Why would you want to snort an antidepressant? There aren't any worthwhile recreational effects and most SSRI's require accumulative dosing to achieve the desired effects.
Trust me, Wellbutrin is different. I recently became addicted to my prescription.

I'm interested in what it turns into first-pass myself, which it is different from

Correct while Wellbutrin is classified as an antidepressant it isn't an ssri or snri like most other common antidepressants are these days. It is a cathinone and has ndri type action (norepinephrine-dopamine reputake inhibitor).

You can actually get some quasi stimulant like effects from snorting it. But for most people it feels like really shitty coke, at best, and unfortunately comes with a pretty serious seizure risk when abused.

Correct while Wellbutrin is classified as an antidepressant it isn't an ssri or snri like most other common antidepressants are these days. It is a cathinone and has ndri type action (norepinephrine-dopamine reputake inhibitor).

You can actually get some quasi stimulant like effects from snorting it. But for most people it feels like really shitty coke, at best, and unfortunately comes with a pretty serious seizure risk when abused.

WELL...fuck. I always figured it wasn't your typical antidepressant given all the odd stuff I've heard about it.
I was prescribed wellywellywellywell years ago but had a pretty scary psychotic episode on it while coming down off meth. But finding out it affects dopamine might explain why I had that reaction.