Mental Health Wellbutrin or Adderall for ADD/OCD, or?

lolis my thesis

Bluelighter
wellbutrin makes me feel better and less tired; could amphetamine help more? Particularly with energy levels and motivation; and help with concentration issues as well as impulsivity/
ADD? Not diagnosed(yet) but I am impulsive and scattered, also have OCD tendencies,

For instance; I moved my family to fundamentalist Utah thinking naively Mormon kids don't do drugs so that will be good for our kids; A bishop from the local sold us a just built house in a town named Providence; then we realized we were in fundamentalist territory. Nothing against Mormons; but either you are with them, or against them. We weren't with them. A few weeks later, decided bail, rent out our new house, and split. Lost tons of money on that deal! It wasn't until I read Under the Banner of Heaven that I really understood what transpired there!

Also moved the family to Eastern Oregon, town of 400, where there were 85 students in the k-12 school. My boss, the principal, was also our landlord, and the basketball coach, and the pastor of the church. We did not join the church; we lasted a couple months before they ran us out with pitchforks.

Took a dog that we were dogsitting in CA on a little trip to Utah; and lost him there! Didn't get to house sit there again, lol! So yeah, I act before I think things thru!

I would hazard a guess that the side effects of adderall would be more intense than those of wellbutrin.

Wellbutrin never helped me with ADHD as amphetamines or methylphenidate did. Imo bupropion is a shitty drug which is wrongfully labeled as a NDRI when in fact in human it's a pure NRI due to first pass metabolism into hydroxynorbupropion but of course your experience might be different. It does intensify tinnitus as well.

I cant hear you for the ringing of my ears! I never quite know what helps me and what doesn't; but I know Adderall makes me feel good; If it's easier on the body; I wonder if my young primary NP would prescribe it for me. I'm 53 years old and likely have had ADD my whole life. But our generation is just coming to terms that men have depression, can benefit from therapy; at least it's no longer unusual for a man to say, "Well my therapist said..."

I cant hear you for the ringing of my ears! I never quite know what helps me and what doesn't; but I know Adderall makes me feel good; If it's easier on the body; I wonder if my young primary NP would prescribe it for me. I'm 53 years old and likely have had ADD my whole life. But our generation is just coming to terms that men have depression, can benefit from therapy; at least it's no longer unusual for a man to say, "Well my therapist said..."
I'm not sure about your NP but they may send you to a Clinical Psychologist for ADD testing rather than simply prescribe the meds to you based only on your word. Or they may just bust out their script pad and give you what you want.

Well my therapist said that there is nothing wrong with therapy and it can do a lot of good. Of course my insurance pays her hundreds of dollars per hour session but my copy is only $5 so I'm okay with our arrangement.

wellbutrin makes me feel better and less tired; could amphetamine help more? Particularly with energy levels and motivation; and help with concentration issues as well as impulsivity/
ADD? Not diagnosed(yet) but I am impulsive and scattered, also have OCD tendencies,

For instance; I moved my family to fundamentalist Utah thinking naively Mormon kids don't do drugs so that will be good for our kids; A bishop from the local sold us a just built house in a town named Providence; then we realized we were in fundamentalist territory. Nothing against Mormons; but either you are with them, or against them. We weren't with them. A few weeks later, decided bail, rent out our new house, and split. Lost tons of money on that deal! It wasn't until I read Under the Banner of Heaven that I really understood what transpired there!

Also moved the family to Eastern Oregon, town of 400, where there were 85 students in the k-12 school. My boss, the principal, was also our landlord, and the basketball coach, and the pastor of the church. We did not join the church; we lasted a couple months before they ran us out with pitchforks.

Took a dog that we were dogsitting in CA on a little trip to Utah; and lost him there! Didn't get to house sit there again, lol! So yeah, I act before I think things thru!

I feel like Adderall (ANY stim) would make OCD way worse.

Yes, my current insurance pays for therapy so I go and enjoy it.
I was seeing a psychiatric NP; she suggested the ADD, said I should take stimulants, but she retired Monday of last week; kicking me back to my primary GP while they find another psych practician; she seemed cool but I didn't know I would attend an appointment; she would schedule me a new one in 6 weeks, then retire the same day!

She did comment how they did not like her ways there; and was about 20 years older than anyone else at this facility.
I am going to let the primary NP do as little as possible while I have a good pain management doctor and pain contract. The contract, although it limits me to not drinking or smoking pot, does give me rights to pain meds, so I try my best to stay in his good graces.