• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Wellbutrin high?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoseLuck

Bluelighter
I wanna know stories about people who have actually tried Wellbutrin. I know it's an antidepressant an all that I don't need a lecture on it not do I plan on trying it unless I hear good reports. Just let me here actual experiences. Thanks guys

It takes a little while of being on it before you get any good effects. Like 10 days, sometimes quite a bit more like 4-5 weeks.

I started taking Wellbutrin XL at 150mg, which is the lowest dose I believe, and I've been on it for 16 days now. It's been hard to figure out if it's working or doing anything at his point. I was just getting off of heroin and switching to sub and have been doing a quick sub taper, so I've been pretty down anyways and I'm not sure if I feel less down or anything from it.

Mainly taking it because I agreed to try it and to see if it helps. Never had taken an anti-depressant before this.

I've been on Wellbutrin for about a week. The first few days were speedy, kinda like amphetamine, I actually had to take Phenibut with it to offset some of the anxiety it caused (not generally a fan of stims anymore - they give me anxiety now, like pot, they never used to though, like 10 years ago), but anyway I digress... now after a week I just feel completely normal on it. I'm on 150 mg SR, which is also pretty low, like 150 mg spread throughout 12 hours. I was prescribed it for PAWS from Kratom/oxy, as the depression was unbearable when I first stopped. At this point, I feel completely normal. Like I would sober - not great, but not bad either. I'm not planning on staying on it long-term and don't really know when I should stop taking it, and was considering stopping it very soon as all the Kratom withdrawal reports I've read stated that it was around the end of the 2nd week maximum that Kratom PAWS/depression eased up for them.

Ok... Well probably around 5 years ago I thought I would get creative/desperate. I learned whut I thought I could and decided an idea would be to shoot 2 50mg sr. After prepping them as best as I could the draw up was gummy at best. After slaming them in my arm expecting something to the effect of Dopamine laden rush I was met with a large stinging sensation, and whut followed was equivalent to painful cotton feverish sensations. Chalking this up to poor prep a friend who had just watched it all unfold tried roughly the same thing being more careful of Micro particles and bacteria. Needless to say it ended up just as unpleasureable. I can't figure why ppl wanna do it in prison... But I didn't enjoy it

i was on it when i was a young kid along with paxil for panic attacks, anxiety, depression, ocd, and dysphoric syndrome. it is not a controlled substance and you should have no problem getting it from a doctor. i went off all my pills before starting high school. during college i relapsed and went to the dr. i had anxiety so bad it was hard for me to even leave the house. they put me back on wellbutrin since it seemed to work when i was a kid. not only did i feel like i was on amphetamines but also felt very dysphoric at the same time. i felt like i was going even more insane. it made my anxiety worse so i stopped taking it after calling the drs office. i dont know why anyone would abuse the stuff. it can actually be dangerous. people who take higher doses have a risk of seizure. i recommend anyone to stay away from it unless it works for them. in that case get it from a doctor. much cheaper and safer that way. it's one of those pills they are not afraid to give out like candy since it is not controlled.

Stuff isn't really something to abuse . At least I wouldn't say so . it's an antidepressant.
If your looking for a good upper high take amphetamines if you must take something.

I'm prescribed it for anxiety/depression. I snorted it in two seperate lines; needless to say, no it doesn't get you high. It's complete garbage IMO.

I don't know why anyone would take them any other way than orally.

I've heard other people mention this engerized feeling that was somewhat similar to some type of amphetamine, but I've never noticed it

I was on it for a semi-short stint (2 months). The first few days, if you're lucky a week, you do get some stimulation that is definitely not placebo. However it's almost not noticeable and it fades away very fast, so the recreational value is close to 0. The stuff made me irritable as hell too by the way

I was prescribed it for a while and it does NOTHING; zero recreational potential.

I wanna know stories about people who have actually tried Wellbutrin. I know it's an antidepressant an all that I don't need a lecture on it not do I plan on trying it unless I hear good reports. Just let me here actual experiences. Thanks guys

I take 150mgs for depression and by itself Wellbutrin doesn't do much. I'm on adderall as well so I have a decent tolerance to stims and this doesn't do anything for me, although something interesting did come of this. I smoke a lot off weed, and the Wellbutrin really seems to amp up the high. I've been smoking every day since August (it's March) and I've never had the effects that I get when I smoke on Wellbutrin. Anyone else have the same effects?

Status
Not open for further replies.