• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Wellbutrin as needed?

SebastianSkip

Bluelighter
Anyone ever take or have Wellbutrin (immediate release) prescribed as needed?

I need something for motivation and working on ending compulsive unhelpful habits and Wellbutrin is good for this but it?s a pain in the a** to manage. It can make me feel tense, irritable and unlike myself. I?m not going to continue taking it daily but I don?t know what the downsides of taking it sometimes might be. I?ve done this in the past and other than the side effects I experience on it after being on it for weeks, I haven?t noticed any problems with it, no withdrawals, no feeling depressed 2-3 days later...

Has anyone used Wellbutrin as needed medicinally?

I take 75mg twice a day. I usually cut the pill for 37.5mg if I take as needed. I have a low tolerance for drugs.

This is common problem with antidepressants the drug works but the side effects are too much to manage, i have a similar problem with Prozac it makes me feel hyper and on edge. The drug is not designed to be taken when needed it has to build up levels in your body and if you mess around with the dosage your going to mess around with your mood.

A couple of things you could try, lower your daily dose but make sure you take it every day. take another drug on top to manage the side effects but this is obviously not ideal as you end up on a list of drugs. Stop taking it altogether and try another antidepressant.

Discuss the options with your doctor I know that these drugs are not designed for casual use they are a every day commitment.