• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Well THAT was stupid...(methadone)

It's buprenorphine, not methadone;

and sublingual involves a drug with the right properties being absorbed into the membranes under the tongue, where it is then GRADUALLY absorbed into circulation where it can tech the cns

oh yeah and the conspiracy too-all maintenance drugs in the pacific region will soon be 50/50 mixtures of loperamide and Wellbutrin, washed down with quinidine

Sublingual alcohol + Buprenorphine/ Naloxone 100uL spray patent:

https://patents.google.com/patent/US9216175B2/en

OT:
Although in most countries the drug is administered as a racemic mixture of (R)- and (S)- methadone, (R)-methadone accounts for most, if not all, of the opioid effects(UK has R-Methadone vs Racemic US). Methadone can be detected in the blood 15-45 minutes after oral administration, with peak plasma concentration at 2.5-4 hours.

Methadone has a mean bioavailability of around 75% (range 36-100% ). Methadone is highly bound to plasma proteins, ~ Cytochrome P450 (CYP) 3A4 and to a lesser extent 2D6 are probably the main isoforms involved in methadone metabolism. Rifampicin (rifampin), phenobarbital, phenytoin, carbamazepine, nevirapine, and efavirenz decrease methadone blood concentrations, probably by induction of CYP3A4 activity, which can result in severe withdrawal symptoms.

Inhibitors of CYP3A4, such as fluconazole, and of CYP2D6, such as paroxetine, increase methadone blood concentrations. There is an up to 17-fold interindividual variation of methadone blood concentration for a given dosage, and interindividual variability of CYP enzymes accounts for a large part of this variation. Since methadone probably also displays large interindividual variability in its pharmacodynamics, methadone treatment must be individually adapted to each patient

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12405865

+

Methadone BA thread:

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/614506-Bioavailability-of-Methadone

Yes, Lorne, the paper I linked described the determination of the BA for the at-the-time-being-developed tablet form of buprenorphine, compared to sublingual that was in use. That difference is some 2.5x in favor of the SL form. That's obviously been amended since 1999 (the tab dose), but I thought the rumor might persist, and, as they do, spread to the methadone people. Hence, a sinister conspiracy.

Someone could have just said it was Fed. Law.

Pre-Rehab, I took my quinine with a lot of gin and ice, in an actual glass. Didn't once get malaria.

(Post-rehab I left the gin in the bottle, under the drivers seat to get hot; after that there was no driver's seat for many years, and I slowly switched to Takaa Vodka in the back aisle behind the ATM)

I didn't know it was federal law

Was explaining to that poster, who seemed to be under the impression we were talking about so methadone, although post was confusing.

Methadone is a weird drug; urinary oh DRAMATICALLY effects t1/2, for example

and it wouldn't' surprise me if something like that happened(the liquid:solid conspiracies)

I lived with someone who was on 200mg a day from the clinic. Honestly methadone is a fuckin joke, Its ridicules the government does this shit. The guy I was living with was soo strung out on methadone, worst then when he was in active addiction. Constantly nodding the fuck out all day, totally worthless human being. Why they dont just do Subutex Clinics instead is beyond me, it'd be far more practical.
Being stable on methadone does not do that to you yeah you may have thought it was the methadone because that's all you know about but I promise you he was taking other shit on top of it probably benzos methadone maintenance if used correctly saves a lot of lives who dont do well with suboxone that is the whole point of why there are two maintenance medications suboxone only works up to a certain point and when you exceed that then it doesn't work i have extensive experience with both and i am a working professional that contributes large to society i do not have time to sit around sick for days on end trying to get clean and I've tried that countless times and relapse because i wanna put a bullet in my fuckin head from the depression anxiety and lack of sleep even 8 months clean later so yeah your gungho attitude towards suboxone and the judgement of methadone is shortsighted and misguided because of one moron who abused the help he was provided I'm on 140 mg a day and I haven't nodded out from my dose since the 2nd week I been on it and I stopped getting high from dope the 4th week I was on it and haven't used since there are many methadone success stories if you take that narrow perspective out of the equation

Well I guess for legit pain you can get a doctor to prescribe methadone pills, but not for addiction. If you're an addict u have to go to the clinic and get your dose.
A lot of clinics use pills the 40mg biscuits are no longer approved for pain they are ONLY meant for addiction treatment so yeah that's not true either

I take 80mg of liquid methadone a day for the last 3 yrs. I accidentally spilled my take home so I got 8 of the 10mg pills (80mg) from my boy. Exactly the same milligram and they felt exactly the same. The pills just took 3 to 4 hrs to kick in. Honestly I like the quickness of the liquid much better.

That's why I used to chew the pills...

This is exactly why I don?t want take-home bottles. I don?t trust myself... ���� (Jan 11th)

So this 3 year bump is over the 10 min difference between liquid or pills??? (Jan 12th)

No, it's because some newbie doesn't trust himself with take homes. (Oct 7th)?

Okay, fair enough, but my post was referring to the several posts following Jane's that were debating the difference between liquid and pills. No one replied to Jane's post. So glad we got this solved 9 months later.

Some posts below showing the thread direction..

I don't believe that there's any truth behind the "pills are stronger than liquid" phenomenon.

Liquids always metabolize quicker than pills.

After reading about the liquid dose the past several days, I'm starting to believe the pills are more effective than the liquid.

I never noticed any difference at all....

Well yeah but its quicker and easier for a liquidthan a solid

Liquids might absorb into your bloodstream faster.

Actually liquid formulations can have a surprisingly faster Tmax; then again, suspensions can be slightly slower...