• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Well I'm back looking for kratom dosing advice

Appears you have found a decent distributor if the krat is doing something. That's good.
I started with the caps from a head shop and it was (relatively) expensive and took longer to take effect. Not as costly as dope, though and didn't propose as dangerous of an "atmosphere". After finding that it "worked" I proceeded to find a reliable vendor online and acquired some bulk powder which goes into about 4oz of hot water, stirred and shot down. Within 15 min I was "on".
Although I do not "crave" opiates/opioids any longer and have gotten away from the whole scene of it all, I did cop every now and then until my recent discovery of not liking the "feel" of pills anymore. Maybe it is the way I used, abused and the cost of it all that left a bad taste in my mouth?
Went from "street" drugs to pill as one knew what to expect and got it. Anything other than pills left one open to grabbing garbage or worse... now it seems everything is cut, bastardized or generally not what I am looking for. The scripts written for pain and anxiety were nice but kept me "in the loop".
Hoping things are going well and also that one day things will be brighter for you... and I honestly believe they will. :)
Just noticed tacodude as your "name"... lol
Tacos are my favorite food... along with chili cheese dogs and french fries.
Nice

Last edited:
Good for you brother. Kratom has helped me immensely. I havent even tried any extracts. I may buy some, and hold, just because I totally see it getting banned soon.

Wish i could help . I never buy extracts. Two level teaspoons in like 6 ounces of grapefruit juice works great for me. Yes there are some differences, between strains, but ive tried a number over the last 6 to 8 months, and im starting to believe, there is not much difference between them. I think the effects may have more to do with the drying process, how fresh the batch is, and where its grown. I think the whole green, white, reds etc, are more a marketing ploy.

I tend to agree, dj, which is why I pretty much stick to my one “tried and true” vendor for almost 6 years now. I like plain old Red Bali when its in stock. I tried a different vendor last month, and not only did the product taste like complete shit, but it was definitely weaker. I did the math wrong in my head before I placed the order, and I inadvertently spent 3X more than I usually do for the same amount. I was PISSED. DUH! Never again, big mistake.

I’m terrified that Kratom will not be available soon. My vendor’s selection has become more limited, and prices are starting to go up a bit. It’s truly alarming.

I use Kratom daily, pretty much just for the hell of it. I like how I feel on it, and deep down I’d hate to give it up.
At 15-25 gr a day it’s become a ridiculous expense. If I had to cold turkey, I’d live - I don’t really need it for anything specific, but I recognize I’m addicted physically and mentally. I’m also convinced it has kept me healthy all these years. I swear, I rarely even catch a cold anymore, and my annual bloodwork always comes out good, and it always has. I can probably assume good genes are the cause, but it also seems my Kratom addiction has no actual negative impact on my health, or life, (besides $, and just the fact that I have an addiction.) If there comes a day where I truly can’t afford it, I’ll stop. Fortunately money isn’t an issue. Not right now, at least, knock on wood.

Another nice benefit is that Kratom has taken away all cravings for alcohol. Bonus! I went from being a pretty regular/heavy drinker to maybe a couple drinks every 3 or 4 months if there’s a special occasion or something. It’s great - alcohol sucks and I’m no longer a young girl. I can’t tolerate alcohol the way I could in my twenties or thirties (2 day hangovers!!)

More importantly:
My best friend suffers from chronic pain, head to toe, due to multiple medical conditions including a broken back years ago, fibromyalgia, Lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, a busted up hip, a couple bulging discs, severe bone degeneration, severe IBS with chronic constipation, and a life threatening (and non-curable) diagnosis that causes joint pain etc. and will more than likely result in her early death. Her life is constant suffering. She has 100% avoided opioids so far, doesn’t drink or smoke weed, and is prescribed gabapentin which barely takes the edge off. I honestly don’t know how she does it. Kindest person too, and never cries or complains. She’s an angel, and it’s not fair.

I introduced her to Kratom 3 years ago, and she said it’s saved her life. She has an extremely high pain tolerance, but kraom helps take her pain from an 8 or 9 down to maybe a 6 or so. (I’m guessing at the pain scale there just to get my point across) She’s not pain free but she can manage to get through her day and do what she needs to do. She is an example of someone who truly needs this miracle herb, along with those of you who are using Kratom to come off of opiates, and scheduling Kratom would be devastating.

She is a mother, and she is doing everything in her power to avoid opioids. So far so good. She is really tough and I’m really proud of her. Her pain has progressed to an unbearable level the past few weeks, and Kratom is all she has. She ran out for a few days during that intense period, and she said she was ready to put a gun to her head. She’s never been this bad. She didn’t know what to do and her PCP was of NO HELP (utter bullshit). I gave her some more Kratom and it made all the difference in the world. Still a lot of pain, but again - no more feeling like death is the only way to get some relief. She will never accidentally run out again as long as I’m in the picture.

Sorry to get off track......I’m just really passionate about Kratom. Some people really need this herb. Thanks for listening <3

Tacodude - hows it going with the Kratom?

Peace and love,
Kel44