• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Weird trip after shooting suboxone

AlucardUchiha

Greenlighter
Hi so awhile back I use to always shoot up my 8/2mg suboxone strips. Now whenever I would I get a nice high and enjoy myself now I must mention I was very addicted so whenever I ran out I was very very sick so I would take just about any opiate I could get my hands on until I could get a refill on my subs cuz I would always finish them a few days before my refill and any time I would take hydros or vicodin or oxy to get through the day till I got my script of suboxone to shoot up right when I found a vein and shot up the sub I would get this horrible feeling for about 15 min. Now I know it says if u shoot sub with opiates in your system you will go into withdrawals but this was nothing like withdrawals I was spinning and my body was spazzing out it was like my body was possessed I was crying I felt crazy it was pretty much hell but after about 15 min it went away and my high came on strong and i felt no withdrawals or anymore freaky painful twitches. But this would only occur if I had any kind of opiate like vics hydro oxy or h within about 24 hours or so prior to shooting the sub. Has any one else ever experienced something like this? Oh and it was the film subs by the way not the pill.

Huh i dont use opiates but i thought suboxone had naloxone which is inactive orally but active iv to prevent abuse by making sick if u iv it. My guess is a mix of delta and kappa opioid receptor activity and Mu opioid blocking making u sick and your just riding it out

Actually the Buprenorphine has a higher receptor binding affinity and cancels out the naloxone. It was more of a scare tactic but the two together will sweep away any opioids in your system if you have anything active that's a full agonist except say for med -high doses of Fentanyl.