• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Weird to Rx Suboxone for People on weak Opiates?

Methacodone

Bluelighter
Ok, I have read LOTS of experiences from people getting Rx'd Suboxone or getting on Methadone for a Codeine, hydrocodone, or other weak opiate habit..

Lots of them state that 2mg of Suboxone instantly got them out of WD and have never felt so good their whole life, what does that mean? No shit, GETTING HIGH.

For example, I know a girl who was taking 130mg Hydrocodone a day, and on her induction, took 2mg as a first dose, and what happend? Read the above line.
She said she felt SO good, BETTER than her DoC Hydrocodone, that good, off 2mg.
AND, her instructions were to, take another 4mg dose that evening.
Then take a whole 8mg strip the following morning, and ANOTHER 8mg strip that same evening.

She herself was in a WTF kind of mood, 4.5 hours in after her 2mg induction dose, she was feeling amazing and didn't even need another 0.00001mg dose.

In fact, if she was feeling THAT good on just 2mg, then 2mg was too high of a dose.
Wtf would 16mg do to her?
I Haven't heard from her since honestly.

For myself, some of you know my rediculous opiate tolerance.
I'm Rx'd 24mg Suboxone a day,
And honest to god I still get the sweats, restlessness, and insomnia even on 24mg..

See the difference of someone who really needs this medication or not?

opiate addiction is still opiate addiction
i mean, if opioid replacement therapy prevents someone from buying blackmarket pills and ODing on fentanyl or ODing on paracetamol/APAP taking too many pills, or whatever reason, to stabilise their lives - it doesn't really matter if their DoC is a comparatively weak opiate - they still suffer all the hallmarks of addiction and withdrawal, you just have a higher tolerance and dosage required.

i think suboxone prescribers seem to have some fucking weird protocols - like, i often don't understand why they script certain things in certain ways - but i'm not a doctor. i think some docs are greedy and will happily put people on ORT without trying other options - but the stuff does save lives, imperfect as it is. even with people who get hooked on some of the less 'heavy duty' opiates/opioids

Help

You are the only person on the Internet able to identify a peach pms 1 tablet in a post dated 2015...I have the same problem...there are no answers on this one...I'm smart I'd find it...you are the only one that gave a very rare answer...I'm sorry for asking here...but I created an account just for that purpose please help :(

'See the difference of someone who really needs this medication or not?' NOT REALLY. There are so many variables....you could also argue that someone who is still actively using should not be on maintenance..If suboxone stopped a pill habit in its tracks before it went any further then AWESOME.

I

Last edited:
i became dependent on methadone whilst in hospital...

(was not addicted to opiates when i went in(l.

Last edited:
Ok, I have read LOTS of experiences from people getting Rx'd Suboxone or getting on Methadone for a Codeine, hydrocodone, or other weak opiate habit..

Lots of them state that 2mg of Suboxone instantly got them out of WD and have never felt so good their whole life, what does that mean? No shit, GETTING HIGH.

For example, I know a girl who was taking 130mg Hydrocodone a day, and on her induction, took 2mg as a first dose, and what happend? Read the above line.
She said she felt SO good, BETTER than her DoC Hydrocodone, that good, off 2mg.
AND, her instructions were to, take another 4mg dose that evening.
Then take a whole 8mg strip the following morning, and ANOTHER 8mg strip that same evening.

She herself was in a WTF kind of mood, 4.5 hours in after her 2mg induction dose, she was feeling amazing and didn't even need another 0.00001mg dose.

In fact, if she was feeling THAT good on just 2mg, then 2mg was too high of a dose.
Wtf would 16mg do to her?
I Haven't heard from her since honestly.

For myself, some of you know my rediculous opiate tolerance.
I'm Rx'd 24mg Suboxone a day,
And honest to god I still get the sweats, restlessness, and insomnia even on 24mg..

See the difference of someone who really needs this medication or not?
Hey buddy, how is your brand new Camaro your father got you for.successfully completing rehab?

I have seen people go on Suboxone for such weak opiate addictions , for example this girl was taking like five lortabs a day, and was immediately put on Suboxone, I suppose in a doctor's eyes it would be a smart idea because if one is given Suboxone at a high dose such as 8 to 16 mg a day that would leave them at the ceiling dose ,or they would get complete blockage from trying to abuse any other opiates, granted this person may feel high as hell from the suboxone​ for a few weeks but then it all boils down are the benefits worth the side effects for the individual? me personally I would have no problem with someone going on Suboxone that was just abusing 5 Lortabs a day, my personal Suboxone doctor feels that opiate use permanently causes a change in the brain where there is a depletion permanently that will leave us always feeling uncomfortable and always having that desire to thirst for opiates, if this is true then I would be all for any type of opiate addicts to go on Suboxone so they can feel normal again and not have to suffer long-term side effects being completely clean and suffering everyday if this theory is even true

I find that doctors also prescribe these withdrawal meds in the event the patient is lying about how much they're using or how serious their problem is. Especially in clinics and rehabs where they would be liable if they weren't giving them enough medication.

Suboxone is not only used for the hardcore opiate addict getting off of opiates, it's is also used for preventative relapse, or to control cravings

It is a strong, long lasting opiate. Every case is different, but suboxone is not for the person who pops 1 too many Vicodins a day. Somewhere around 60-90mg. of oxy a day at the least is probably the norm. Again, everyone is different, but someone taking 5 Percocets a day might be best trying to ween off and end it there.

After leaving prison, I went directly on Suboxone for cravings, because i knew I would end up doing heroin or opiates, I have s hunger and thirst for opiates no matter how long I am clean and it is too overwhelming for me so when I take suboxone my Cravings are gone completely however I get very high when I first start taking it coming out of jail but that does fade after a while. However I always resort to cocaine as a substitute addiction. Which is really unfortunate

Suboxone was my opiate of choice

Smooth,long lasting, felt awesome. Two weeks of bed ridden to get off though. And that's just to get back on your feet. You won't be right any time soon if you've used for too long. I do miss the feeling ...but it's not worth sheer torture in the future...

Exactly. So many different reasons people are on it. Opiates, heroin in particular, are something that have never left my mind either.

But I was originally on subs for an oxy relapse, it was high doses but it was still a problem when it was lower doses, tolerance is just something that happens. It had been 14 years since I got clean and I relapsed, and was going to start using heroin. And now I am, 18 years after last touching it :(. It never goes away and i also go through life trading one addiction for another.

So people being rx'd subs for 'weak opiates' may be that they're lucky they caught it early as they saw themselves slipping.

Interesting theory, H is not ready available where I live like it seems to be in the northeast. But I never liked needles I would have preferred to snort it or smoke it before I'd go so far as the inject something.

If we had drug clinics like they do in Switzerland it would make so much more sense.

Last edited:
smh you should get down to 8mg a day...24 is so much..they have me at 16MG and I only take 8 ...24 is crucial man

For me with subs I couldn't tell the difference between 24mg and 8....I was rxed 3 8mg strips a day but only took one to conserve. Tried taking more but never felt anything good.

Bupe gets you very high if taken at doses no stronger then 2mg, anything more you just hit ceiling effect