• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Weird Phenibut after effects

Krat1712

Greenlighter
Hey all. I've been using Phenibut off and on for the past month and I feel that I get atypical after effects. If I wait 5 or 6 days I get a very nice buzz. Typical relaxing effects but also a little euphoria (due to the dopamine increase I'm sure). I usually take a gram. I've noticed though that if I take it 2 days in a row it starts making me feel very depressed. Basically a feeling total anhedonia. Also, I use Kratom daily and am dependent on that. I noticed that the first night I take Phenibut, it enhances the kratom greatly. But I noticed that in the following days the effects of kratom are almost completely blocked. It's like Phenibut destroys any natural (or opioid induced) joy for a couple of days. I don't get any rebound anxiety from the Phenibut though like most people (even if I use it for a week straight) just depression. It seems like it effects me differently than most.

I've heard of gaba-b agonists blocking euphoria from opiates. Especially from reading this thread. http://www.bluelight.org/vb/archive/index.php/t-505776.html

I'm wondering if anybody else gets these after effects from Phenibut? Anhedonia, fatigue, yet no anxiety rebound. Also, the inability to feel any euphoria from opiods.

Last edited:
nope, i dont get those effects and if i did, id stop using it..

sometimes i will et lethargic after dosing phenibut but thats due to me sitting around.if i get up and move around then it feels like im on meth..lol..phenibut is whacky in its effects..

Ya it's the most unpredictable drug I've ever taken ha. Once in a while it's great but it seems that anymore than once a week it messes with me and gives me major depression/anhedonia/fatigue. It may have some weird interaction with kratom that builds over a day or two since I take kratom several times daily. Yet I get no rebound anxiety at all which seems strange because that's all anyone talks about when they mention Phenibut.

Once every two weeks is the most I can do phenibut without experiencing problems. Less often would be better.

Old thread but I have been having that same problem. I started using kratom and tianeptine lately but they have not been synergistic in any way with phenibut. Pretty much ruined my day today.

Old thread but I have been having that same problem. I started using kratom and tianeptine lately but they have not been synergistic in any way with phenibut. Pretty much ruined my day today.

I disagree about the phenibut/kratom synergy. I found phenibut to GREATLY enhance the effects of kratom. As a matter of fact, a high dose of baclofen will do the same thing for me. So much so that I actually feel like I?m gonna be sick from the kratom I?m so high.

Tianeptine, however, IS best by itself. For whatever reason, I never got the full effects of it when I mixed it with something, and it also seemed to totally negate anything I got from other drugs. Very strange.

For the OP, if he?s still around... Phenibut made me horrendously depressed as well. I spiraled totally out of control on it. The first time it took several months, but after being off it for a while I tried again, and within 3 days I simply decided I wanted to die and downed about 40 2mg clonazepam, 50 grams of phenibut, a 750 of vodka, and hung myself from a tree. By the time I?d started tying myself to the tree I was already so fucked up that I messed it up and survived. THAT is what phenibut does to me. And my brother reported major depressive episodes from it as well. So it is not unusual, despite what some people may tell you.

^^ Fucking WOW

To the OP, I’ve never had such a “mild” and easily-available substance fuck me up so badly in my life. If you put the consequences relative to the high / other factors, it’s the all-time champ for me. Worse PAWS (for me = depression, anxiety, anhedonia) than meth or heroin, and longer recovery time than benzos. It truly fucked me up.

I also get weird after effects from phenibut, it just doesn't agree with me. I find GHB a much better option.

I recognize some of these symptoms. I've used phenibut around 10-15 times without any negative after effects, doses between 500 and 1500 mg and with at least 1-2 weeks in between. The last three times I dosed, I experienced severe anhedonia/depression for about half a day, 1-2 days after dosing. I've never felt so meaningless in my life. This seemed to be dose independent, when I lowered the dose, I still experienced the symptoms later on, but with a little bit less intensity.