• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Weird, less than intense WD symptoms over 72 hours in.

falloutc

Greenlighter
So i have been trying to quit opiates for about 2 years. First i went on maintenance with subutex/suboxone, after a year of that i realized i was just as bad off trying to cut that out. I wasnt where i wanted to be as far as tapering, so i just went cold turkey. That didnt last for long it was right back to diluadid about 8 to very rarely 16mg daily for about 2 months straight, when i was tired of being right back where i was originally. So i just stopped on sunday night 4pm was my last 8mg dose (and the rinse at about 8 monday morning) Im already feeling somewhat better, and i guess my question is... isnt this supposed to be worse? I know i wasnt using as much as i was 2 years ago upwards of 4-5 8mg ds daily, but i just expected to be sweating alot more. First 24-48 involved some mild sweating. Really my only symptoms are extreme muscle discomfort,lots of sneezing and restless legs. I have slept maybe 2 hours in the last 80, but im keeping myself busy. My brain is tired but my body wont get comfortable to fall asleep. for the last 3 days i have just taken a few 15-30 min naps, waking up a few times even in that short period(hard to keep track of, as i feel i barely slept, but my brain becomes just active enough to start thinking and wanting to just keep myself entertained and active during this crap) Im also not getting the shits, and as much as i know it would feel great to get high, i feel like the worst may be over. I just hope i can sleep soon, its driving me a bit insane. SO i guess my question is, has anyone else had just a mild withdrawal experience when getting off of dilaudid? Maybe its because i had only been doing 1 daily? I apologize if this is in the wrong place, or i did not use the right terminology.

Last edited:
Dilaudid has a short half life so it is eliminated from the system pretty quick causing more severe yet faster withdrawals than morphine, sub, done, etc. Now just expect PAWS (posr acute withdrawal symptoms) like anxiety, apathy (numbsness or lack of feeling), depression, maybe insomnia, maybe appetite, and dunno what else. Just eat right, drink electrolyte water on the regular, multivitamins, lots of bananas, exercise, social life, and whatever else keeps you happy and not using mind altering substances.

Good job and congratulations on getting through the hardest part of quitting!