• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Weird jaw and throat problems days and weeks after MDMA?

suedonym

Bluelighter
Hey.

I know 'gurning' and 'teeth clenching' are commonly experienced whilst actually doing Ecstasy or MDMA powder, but for those of us suffering with protracted comedowns of weeks/months, have any of you experienced continuing problems with your jaw and throat area?

In the week immediately after taking 150mg of MDMA for the first time, I suffered tremendous cramping in my jaw especially after drinking and often whilst eating. This has continued 11 days in, the pain somewhat lesser or less intense, but the discomfort and limited movement persists. I imagine this isn't a 'common' symptom of an MDMA comedown, but may I ask, who has it, or has struggled with it in the past as part of their recovery?

I know no one here is necessarily a doctor, my own doctor simply saying it's a (hopefully) transient side effect, but if this wasn't a weird MDMA comedown feature what could it be? Why would eating and drinking trigger it or at least exacerbate it? Either way what causes it, and why? Are the muscles simply sore or achey and need time to heal? I don't particularly remember grinding my teeth on the night.

My apologies for these reassurance seeking posts, but the early days of dealing with this is naturally a little scary and clarity is comforting.

As an amendment to that, should it be fairly symptomatic, are there any meds or supplements or foods which help lessen the effect, at least to help me deal with it in the short term?

Yeah, magnesium appears to help with this, it is mostly used before a roll and during it, but you could try to see if it helps afterwards as well. I believe the best form is magnesium citrate but I am not sure, some forms have a lot higher bioavailability than others which have a very low one, look it up, there's no doubt a thread about it