• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Weird heroin smell what could this be?

Laststop

Bluelighter
I've been doin heroin for over 15 years and I've never had dope that smells like this. Most the dope I get is all east coast white/light tan/light grey heroin that normally has a stinging smell of vinegar presumably from unconverted acetic anhydride. Varies from batch to batch some will smell weaker and still be fire so i know you can't go by just the smell but this recent stuff literally smells like some hickory bbq rib sauce. I know bbq sauce has vinegar in it but this isn't just that normal acetic smell if you were blindfolded and smelled bbq sauce or this you would not be able to tell it apart almost like it was smuggled inside bbq sauce and absorbed the smell of it. I hope that is all it is as I could see BBQ sauce being a smart thing to smuggle it in since they both have a vinegar smell.

I am worried this strange smell is some bad chemical that is going to destroy any tissue it comes in contact with. So much so that I spent an ungodly sum of money on 4 generic 40mg opanas, the crushable kind. Does anyone know what contaminant could be the cause of this hickory smoked bbq smell? The texture of this stuff is like rough sand not fluffy powder like coke and when looked at closely under a neutral light you can see light tan, medium tan and a few dark tan grains evenly distributed.

I've been buying off this guy for over 6 years and he's never done me wrong or always got me back if it was wrong. Just this smell offput me so much it really made me think. But I can't afford to keep up my habit using pharmaceutical oxymorphone (though it was quite enjoyable blowing back 160mg of oxymorphone). The other issue is he has a gigantic batch of it and will have this stuff for a whole month probably. Looked like half a kilo brick. Since I've known this guy since like 8th grade and i snort he doesn't cut my stuff as it's pretty impossible to OD off sniffing and nothing else he's had has smelled like this so I know it's not his cut, he uses this type of milk sugar to cut the raw shit off the brick, I think it's called lactose, for the shooters cause he don't want any deaths on his hands (and i'm sure the extra money ain't bad either). I basically could of got over 2 grams of the raw instead of 4 opanas. Just don't want to destroy my tissue on a messed up contaminant.

Opinions? Anyone come across this before?

My best guess would be that it's cut with some sort of spice used in bbq sauce or something.

Well, you said yourself you are snorting it. So it's not going in your veins. Not much is going to happen snorting it...lol if it is BBQ sauce it's consumable and not toxic to the body hahaha

Seriously, sometimes drugs just have weird odors. Years ago I had some coke that smelled so bad I got nauseous every time I opened the bag (like a kerosene smell) ... If you've been doing drugs that long you've undoubtedly had some odd cuts that you'd have no clue was in there. Most don't come with BBQ odors...

Are there any known dangerous chemicals that smell like BBQ sauce that I should be worried about? Oh and I tasted some on my tongue and it only tasted extremely bitter I also thought maybe some 1 dumped seasoning in it like an idiot but I only tasted bitterness no seasoning whatsoever.

So I gave it a try. Economics forced me to. That smell going up your nose when you sniff it is totally disgusting but once you get past the first 4 seconds of sniffing it the drip and taste and everything seems normal. Man I really wish I knew what made the dope smell like BBQ sauce. I know the acetic anhydride played a part but there was something else too. Not quite as good as his usual but way better deal than buying opanas. I mean seriously would you rather have 4x 40mg opana or 2.5g of solid quality H. Like 1.5-2 days worth of opana having to stretch it or 5 days worth of H or 8 days worth if i stretched it for the same price. Wish I could stick with the pharms but it is what ti is. If anyone has further info of what chemical could mimic this smell plz let me know.

And lol nam that would b some bitter wings

Speaking of cuts (sorry if it's inappropriate to post this comment here), I saw one of those Drugs Inc. shows where a heroin dealer was mixing in a cut saying it's his secret, special, blah blah ingredient. Turns out it was more than obvious he was opening up capsules of Benadryl and stirring it into the heroin. Is that something that would be OK to inject?

That big nasty word, responsibilities! If I us dope I turn into a monster or more accurately a cancer and destroy everything in my life. I have a family now , a mortgage, and two dogs. It was one thing that I was a cancer with no kids or wife but I still hurt many people close to me badly,you know robbed,stole, and lied. I ended up in detox over 50 times and rehab a handful and finally graduated to prison. I still smoke a little and I will have a couple drinks once or twice a month but I don't lie to myself that I could ever go back to being a casual heroin addict. It was a long hard road to get where I am and I won't risk it for a fleeting high and the inevitable withdrawal!

Bit off topic but I used to know a guy who would keep his weed with bars of soap to get rid of the smell and be able to smoke it on the street. It tasted like shit but hell it worked, smelt like soap when smoked.