• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

weird hash don't know what to do with it..

SnappleCap

Greenlighter
Okay so I have this hash that looks pretty much identical to resin but smells nothing like it. Its solid black and really sticky and when I rub it on a stick pad it's dark green. I think there's a ton of plant matter in it and dabbing it is just not working so I'm pretty much stuck here with 4 grams of black tar that Idk what to do with.. can anyone give me some sort of advice on how to make it better? Will repurging it do anything?

I wouldn't smoke it, oil should never be black (or even green). Definitely a failed extraction (and probably old and/or moldy material as well).

If you don't want to throw it away you could decarb/repurge it in an oven to use in food. This will just ensure that there's no butane left so it's at least safe to consume (but would still be gross to smoke).

Just put it in a small glass dish and put in the oven for 20 minutes at 200. Then it'll be activated and ready to go. You can mix it into anything.

sounds like it could be bubble hash. hold a flame close to it but not directly on it, see if the heat causes it to start to bubble. Could try topping bowls with it and see how it works. If its bubble hash it should melt into the flowers when heated. Its not usually very sticky though. It will glob up but doesn't really stick to the touch.

the bottom bag of the bubble hash comes out really dark sometimes, even though it is the most refined. it also will put out a sooty black smoke if ignited.

if it isn't bubble, i doubt repurging will do anything. could try putting it into an edible.

You could try a solvent extraction. You could smoke it if it wont melt/bubble/vaporise. You could make an edible with it. If it's green then it's likely got a lot of plant material in it. Hash/oil will go black when it's oxidised, indicas will often make soft black hash, black hash is a normal thing, green hash is usually poor quality.

The bottom bag isn't the most refined, it's the smallest immature trichomes along with dust, ground up plant matter, etc, most of the good hash wont be in the last bag usually, it's often the worst one - depending on strain & maturity. I usually don't even bother with the finest bubble bag, takes too long to drain & results are usually not worth it.