• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Weird feeling in ears and head when using opiates (heroin in particular)

ilych

Greenlighter
Hey guys I have been searching really hard for information regarding this, but have not been able to really find anything concrete. Whenever I use opiates I have always had a weird side effect where it feels like there is a sound like wind blowing and kind of a pressure in my ears. Sort of like the feeling when they are full of water I guess. I recently made the switch to heroin to save money, and for whatever reason it has been a lot worse. I would go so far as to say that it is almost unbearable sometimes.
Have any of you had this experience?
Even better do any of you have a solution?

Sounds like it’s a blood pressure issue. I’m not sure how to fix this but hydration can affect BP so try upping your water intake maybe.

I've had this happen as well. There was one time in particular, I had recently had a difficult time landing a full shot due to some difficulties finding a vein. And I finally got a vein to register really well, and in my zeal I enthusiastically shot the entire mix in (which was a pretty heavy mix). I remember that over the next couple of seconds, I started to be able to hear my heart beat in my ear, and it was getting louder and louder. Then, you know that feeling that you get when you hang upside down for too long and the blood all rushes to your head? Yeah, I got that as well. I went to the bathroom and looked at myself and my face was suuuper red. I was pretty scared initially... So I went in and got my Naloxone nasal spray thingy and held it close for the next ~10 minutes or so, hoping I wouldn't have to use it. I just basically tried to keep myself awake, terrified that if I fell asleep I may not wake back up.

I ended up not having to use it, thankfully. The H mix I shot was definitely pretty shitty quality, which I suppose was a good thing, considering the circumstances.