• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Weird delta 8 question

somnilicious

Bluelighter
Does anybody else get a weird moment after taking a hit where the base of the skull goes completely numb for a second. I find myself wanting to take hits off the vape through out the day because I like the feeling so much. It only seems to be specific to 8.

That... doesn't sound normal. You didn't happen to pick this up from a random gas station or something did you? Dispensaries around where I live have delta8 carts, they're quite popular actually, but ones from gas stations, even smoke shops in odd states have been known to have suspect "brands." There's like this whole subreddit that goes into which ones are OK and which ones aren't. I've done delta8 from my dispensary and didn't feel anything like this, it just felt like delta9 basically, milder and I had to hit it more to get stoned, but once I reached that point I could hardly tell the difference.

I can tell you I've had a similar experience from some black market dab pens back in 2018 though where my hands would go completely numb, it would freak me out. I later learned it was one of those sketchy ones full of god knows what, I think it might've been those Vitamin E ones. I got rid of it fast.

I'm pretty sure it's delta 8. It happens with every delta 8 brand I've bought. I thought it was strange. I guess it's just the way my body processes delta 8. It kinda reminds me of when i first shot up heroin. You can feel the moment the. Drug hits the brain stem you get almost like a pressure on the lower brain. Similar but different

Is it like a headache in 2 specific spots at the back of the head? I get that all the time when I smoke weed, but not every time. Usually with carts too but its just plain old THC strains.

i dont get this with any cannabis products but i know exactly what you are talking about because worryingly i get it randomly and always have done its a very nice feeling tho haha

Well no matter how close to Δ9 are all those semi-synthetic cannabinoids two things should be taken in consideration, even easiest synths go bad and some of it ends up on the market (hell it’s even true for pharma industry where they have incomparably more rigorous checks and standards) and not 100% of those who react good to Δ9 will react same to each and every of those semi-synthetic cannabinoids even they are as close chemically as it gets. Consider that there are substances that with simply different isomer produce significantly different effects there’s nothing surprising about it. Another thing that shouldn’t be at all surprising to people if one of those cannabinoids turn out to have better or worse safety profile than Δ9, to expect them to have exactly the same safety and consequences of different levels of use as Δ9 would be very naive and to speculate which will turn out better or worse in what way and by how big margin from Δ9 until many years or better time-span of a generation would be just speculating.

I've never vaped or smoked any of the deltas recently. Even if the legalize marijuana in Texas , I still wouldn't smoke it. My lungs need to recover so I don't end up with an oxygen tank in my old age

Although I've had that exact sensation from an allergic reaction from eating shellfish.
You might want to buy from a vendor that uses a third party tester to ensure there's not some toxic byproducts from production.