View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Weird acid experience

Maxa2K

Greenlighter
Hey guys, so in about July, I took one 100 ug tab of acid for my first time at around 10 am. It felt great and I had an amazing time with two of my friends until we split ways at around 6. I hung out for a while, kinda in the dumps cuz I was on the comedown, then I thought "might as well toke a bit to cheer me up". I didn't know at this point that it would induce the trip, and I went beserk; startled, paranoid, thinking that I melted my brain and that my parents were gonna disown me, the usual ahaha. Anyways, now in December, from that general area of time in July, I've had minor-average depersonalization and derealization. Just feel out of it, stuff looks kinda cartoony, that type of stuff. Although it sucks, i can deal with it for the time being. My question is, that night where I freaked out, and the induced DP and all, is that brain damage? I'm terrified I was the unlucky one and fried my brain with one tab. I'm also terrified that this DP/DR shit is gonna last forever and ruin my life. I'm a little bit of a worrier haha. By the way, that was the first drug other than weed, alcohol, or lean (I've done twice), at the time. Thank you all so much.

Brain damage is improbable, so I wouldn't worry too much about that. This is just garden variety stuff that happens after a bad trip. People disagree with me and I'm fine with that, but never smoke weed when your tripping. That can easily cause a bad trip, and it's happened to me repeatedly. It once took me two years to recover from a bad trip. Eventually you get back to your normal state, but that can take time. To accelerate your recovery quit smoking weed completely, wait a few weeks, and try taking 1/4 tab several times in order to re-establish comfortable psychedelic equilibrium. It's a way of re-setting the system.

For future reference, some people have a MUCH lower tolerance to psychedelics than others. By much lower I mean the people you're with are all doing 2-3 tabs (or grams of mushrooms) and having a great time, and you can only safely handle 1/4 of that. This is PERFECTLY NORMAL. Always test each batch of each substance yourself, first.

Last edited:
Thank you very much, it's extremely comforting to know that I'm not alone. I try to talk to my friend about it (he's dependent on cocaine and caffeine, and probably does a cocktail of every type of drug per weekend) and he says that it's not uncommon at all but that he can't relate to it because he's been under the influence (including afterlife, comedown, and withdrawal) in a few months ahaha

It's not brain damage. I would say it's more like the curtain has been pulled back and you are just finally aware how weird the human experience actually is.

If it makes you sleep better at night - LSD has actually been found to increase brain connectivity and activity coordinated throughout the whole brain, rather than "frying" anyone's brain in any manner - and it certainly does not produce any visible gross changes on MRI/CT exams. :)

The only damage LSD can exert is mental, damage to your psyche. Curiously, that seems to be mostly self-fulfilling, so if you don't spend your time worried about your LSD trips, you won't have anything to worry about.