PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines Weird 2cb Dosing Advice Requested

so_it_goes___

Greenlighter
Dosage Confusion!

Hello!

Some time ago I acquired some 2cb off an online market. They were marketed as 15mg pills. They were shipped international, and arrived mostly crushed. I had them tested locally, at Get Your Drugs Tested, whose IR spectrometer had them result as 50-55% 2c-family, microcystalline-cellulose 35-40%, and uncertain oil 5-10%. I also tested myself with Marquis reagent--yellow to green and from the colour charts I have seen it did not react consistently with other compounds in the 2-c family. So far so good, it would appear I have acquired a legit product. Interestingly, the product is bright pink---which I've seen on this page as automatically disqualifying!

Ok, on to the confusing part. My order was 5 pills as I remember. However, after crushing and weighing on my milligram scale, the weight came to 0.436 grams. Accounting for 50-55% active ingredient in in the pills, roughly halving that to 218 milligrams. Divided by 5, would make for about 44mg per dose! Even if I remember wrong and had ordered 10 pills, or if the seller sent me extra (impossible to know, as the pills were so crushed up already) that is signficantly over dosed at 22mg a pill. So in addition to the unlikely legit pink product, I have an equally unlikely scenario of OVERdosed pills?

I am hoping I can make a solution for volumetric dosing and maybe some of you can weigh in. My rough plan: Dissolve my crushed powder into 22ml distilled water/vodka and dissolve as best as humanly possible. Draw up said solution with a filter tip syringe to filter out the insolubles for a 22mg/ml solution. So like 11mls for roughly a 10mg dose? It seems likely, if anything, that the 50-55% is an underestimation. I've been sitting on this this stuff for a while and would love to try it! Thoughts?

@so_it_goes___

You clearly said IR spectrometer. IR spectroscopy can provide relative concentrations of compounds in a sample based on intensity of reflected light.

I don't believe it can give you the mass of components of a compound.

Microcrystalline cellulose has a density of 1.5 to 1.6 g per cubic centimeter.

I can't find the density of 2cb hydrochloride, nor the density of the unknown oil.

Basically what I'm trying to say is 50 to 55% is not the mass of the 2-CB. It's the relative volume of 2-cb in the sample. Without the density values for all the compounds as well as the volume of the powder that you have left. You can't determine the actual amount of 2cb.

Mass spectrometry on the other hand, can determine quantity of a substance in a given sample.

For safety's sake:

Always, always, always titrate doses on unproven shipments, even from proven vendors. Mistakes can happen.

That way you can at least comment on a vendors mistake if goes to the "potent" side.

@so_it_goes___

You clearly said IR spectrometer. IR spectroscopy can provide relative concentrations of compounds in a sample based on intensity of reflected light.

I don't believe it can give you the mass of components of a compound.

Microcrystalline cellulose has a density of 1.5 to 1.6 g per cubic centimeter.

I can't find the density of 2cb hydrochloride, nor the density of the unknown oil.

Basically what I'm trying to say is 50 to 55% is not the mass of the 2-CB. It's the relative volume of 2-cb in the sample. Without the density values for all the compounds as well as the volume of the powder that you have left. You can't determine the actual amount of 2cb.

Mass spectrometry on the other hand, can determine quantity of a substance in a given sample.
Thanks for that. Its making more sense to me now. Seems unlikely they are so wildly over potent. Will start with a low dose and see how it goes

. Seems unlikely they are so wildly over potent. Will start with a low dose and see how it goes
Is this something you would bet your life on?

Please consider being more cautious. I have recently lost a friend who did not and likely lost their life because they did not take this simple precaution. Ask yourself if this lack of caution is worth risking your life.

If you trust the vendor, yes.
For safety's sake:

Always, always, always titrate doses on unproven shipments, even from proven vendors. Mistakes can happen.

That way you can at least comment on a vendors mistake if goes to the "potent" side.
Ya thanks for that
Is this something you would bet your life on?

Please consider being more cautious. I have recently lost a friend who did not and likely lost their life because they did not take this simple precaution. Ask yourself if this lack of caution is worth risking your life.
I intend to take your advice! That is exactly what I meant as to starting with a low dose. I am sorry about your friend

Last edited:
I'm sorry about your friend, Kat.

At least in this instance, the drug has been positively identified as 2C-B. An overdose of 2C-B is not without risk, but death seems very unlikely. 2C-B at least has a remarkably good physical safety record even at staggeringly high doses.