• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Harm Reduction Weekend Addy and Alcohol

CookieJoe221

Bluelighter
Hi all,

Long story short. I'm in my early 30s I drink only on the weekends but I drink a pretty decent amount every weekend. And when I drink I do 20-60 mg of adderall that I'm prescribed. I don't take it all at once, usually in 10 mg increments every few hours, mostly for energy purposes. I've been doing this for a few years, I make sure not to go over a certain dosage and to only do it on the weekends. I live on the shitty Midwest and unfortunately around here drinking is essentially a pretty much normal thing for everyone.

I workout 4-5 days a week and have for many years, I'm in pretty good shape, good at my job, successful overall, eat pretty well during the week, drink lots of water, sleep 8-9 hours a night, take Magnesium, Fish Oil, COQ10, Multivitamins, Probiotics daily. But on the weekends I enjoy the nightlife i enjoy going out. I know it's not necessarily good for you, most things aren't.

I'm not a expert in all this stuff and I tend to be
a hypochondriac. So I'm wondering based off the dosage and other factors, I just want opinions from other drug users on whether this will equate to long term serious damage. I know it's not healthy, some people eat a lot of fast food, drink a lot of soda every day, smoke cigarettes, etc . Most things us humans do aren't healthy. Im just curious I guess based off comparing to someone that eats fast food daily or drinks soda all day, am I capable of living a long life still? I'm sort of a hypochondriac

Hi all,

Long story short. I'm in my early 30s I drink only on the weekends but I drink a pretty decent amount every weekend. And when I drink I do 20-60 mg of adderall that I'm prescribed. I don't take it all at once, usually in 10 mg increments every few hours, mostly for energy purposes. I've been doing this for a few years, I make sure not to go over a certain dosage and to only do it on the weekends. I live on the shitty Midwest and unfortunately around here drinking is essentially a pretty much normal thing for everyone.

I workout 4-5 days a week and have for many years, I'm in pretty good shape, good at my job, successful overall, eat pretty well during the week, drink lots of water, sleep 8-9 hours a night, take Magnesium, Fish Oil, COQ10, Multivitamins, Probiotics daily. But on the weekends I enjoy the nightlife i enjoy going out. I know it's not necessarily good for you, most things aren't.

I'm not a expert in all this stuff and I tend to be
a hypochondriac. So I'm wondering based off the dosage and other factors, I just want opinions from other drug users on whether this will equate to long term serious damage. I know it's not healthy, some people eat a lot of fast food, drink a lot of soda every day, smoke cigarettes, etc . Most things us humans do aren't healthy. Im just curious I guess based off comparing to someone that eats fast food daily or drinks soda all day, am I capable of living a long life still? I'm sort of a hypochondriac
Yeah, it’s not healthy but like you say, people eat fast food etc.

If you’re healthy and during the week you’re not abusing drugs I don’t see a big issue with the weekend thing. How much is a decent amount though?

Yeah, it’s not healthy but like you say, people eat fast food etc.

If you’re healthy and during the week you’re not abusing drugs I don’t see a big issue with the weekend thing. How much is a decent amount though?
.......like 10-13 drinks a night both nights. Seems like a lot but here in Illinois a lot of people do that 7 days a week lol

.......like 10-13 drinks a night both nights. Seems like a lot but here in Illinois a lot of people do that 7 days a week lol
They auld “everyone else does it too” line doesn’t make it ok. Lol!

Yeah, you know yourself, that is binge drinking and obviously it’s not good for you but again if you’re healthy during the week etc etc then... I wouldn’t be overly worried. I would encourage you though to have a check up with your dr just to make sure everything is running well. Blood pressure etc plus a blood panel. It’s good to have yearly check ups anyway.

They auld “everyone else does it too” line doesn’t make it ok. Lol!

Yeah, you know yourself, that is binge drinking and obviously it’s not good for you but again if you’re healthy during the week etc etc then... I wouldn’t be overly worried. I would encourage you though to have a check up with your dr just to make sure everything is running well. Blood pressure etc plus a blood panel. It’s good to have yearly check ups anyway.
Lol I know I know. But I enjoy letting loose on the weekends. I just have this anxiety in my head that makes me feel like my unhealthy habits are worse than most peoples , even after reading through the forums on here and seeing people doing way more drugs/booze/etc way more often than I do. I guess that's a blessing and a curse because on one hand it helps me set limits for myself and try to have good habits as well and on the other hand it makes me paranoid lol.

Lol I know I know. But I enjoy letting loose on the weekends. I just have this anxiety in my head that makes me feel like my unhealthy habits are worse than most peoples , even after reading through the forums on here and seeing people doing way more drugs/booze/etc way more often than I do. I guess that's a blessing and a curse because on one hand it helps me set limits for myself and try to have good habits as well and on the other hand it makes me paranoid lol.
It’s not bad to be paranoid about your health. Not too paranoid though.

Do get that check up, it will help settle your mind too.

A lot of people that use amphetamine and drink live long lives. A lot of people that use amphetamine and drink live short lives. There's a lot of varying factors that can contribute to how it affects you in the long term.

But to me it sounds like you are doing what you can to keep up your health, and that's really important. Just remember to stay hydrated and sleep, and you should be alright. A lot of people abuse drugs in a more serious manner than you've described, and are able to make full recoveries, so it's all up to you. I wouldn't stress too much if you keep being healthy about it.

PS: I'm going to delete your post from the Drug Culture forum, as you've responses here and it's a similar post.