• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Weed withdrawals?

g_dan1

Bluelighter
Hi everyone. Today is my 7th day clean from kratom. I had to stop after almost 3 months daily use due to liver issues. I've been stoned all day every day for the last 3 weeks and was using THC oil to help with withdrawals.

Now that the opiate withdrawals seem to go away, I notice that whenever I take a small break from hitting the vape pen I get this restlessness and dysphoria, like im withdrawing from kratom again. What can it be? Weed WD? I also can't really fall asleep without weed.

Side question: If anyone knows, is weed harmful to the liver in any way? or would it be the opposite?

Thank you!

Weeds more of a mental withdrawal, with no noted physical WD symptoms from personal experience, been clean almost two months after a good 10 years of DAILY minimum 2 gram usage, yes I felt more agitated and just rather unmotivated but after the first week but passed, got me a vape, picked up a hobby and eventually you just forget about it and realize looking back you don't need it.
Note this is just my personal experience though others will differ

They can last several weeks to several months to a very long time (some people even report withdrawal symptoms 10 years all longer after stopping)

They can last several weeks to several months to a very long time (some people even report withdrawal symptoms 10 years all longer after stopping)
Are you speaking on weed or kratom? I've never heard of weed withdrawals lasting more than a month or two tops, much less 10 years

Even then it wasnt necessarily withdrawals, more like they felt less energetic and just wanting to smoke. I feel like the addiction is more to the process of smoking something, actually lighting something up and inhaling it, rather than dependency to marijuana

I smoked a lot of cannabis daily and over time I did develop a dependency. I tried quitting many times. The sleeplessness, stomach cramps, jittery feeling n nausea plus unable to eat would leave me ill for weeks till I smoked again.
Even when smoking daily I felt sick in the morning till I started waking n baking.
I finally was able to quit by switching to a much less potency n started cutting down on how much I used.
It took me over 7 years of on n off quiting till I could.
I was a heavy hitter for about 20 years as I worked in the culture n learned and traveled with the best. My buds at High Times.... peace out.

Unfortunately, the pioneers of using cannabis to ease off alcohol were not aware of the recent research demonstrating marijuana’s harmful impact on the liver. As published in a January 2008 edition of Clinical Gastroenterology and Hepatology, San Francisco researchers found that daily cannabis use is strongly associated with moderate to severe liver fibrosis. Fibrosis is scarring of the liver, and is the most prevalent indicator of worsening liver disease.

I will vouch for the not eating, that was one thing that happened to me upon quitting was a loss of appetite but I didn't feel any physical dependency after 10 years of daily use, granted, to each his own and it affects everyone differently. I personally think its how much you convince yourself you need it more than anything

Unfortunately, the pioneers of using cannabis to ease off alcohol were not aware of the recent research demonstrating marijuana’s harmful impact on the liver. As published in a January 2008 edition of Clinical Gastroenterology and Hepatology, San Francisco researchers found that daily cannabis use is strongly associated with moderate to severe liver fibrosis. Fibrosis is scarring of the liver, and is the most prevalent indicator of worsening liver disease.

Here is a link to that article.

http://www.cghjournal.org/issues#/article/S1542-3565(07)01050-6/fulltext

It is specifically people who have liver disease already and how cannabis use is not the best option for control of liver fibrosis and may contribute to cause more damage. It is not a study about normal people using canabis and having liver damage as a result.

So for people with hepatitis c, cannabis use should be something you discuss with your doctor.

The article is from 2008 but the study was earlier and is taken from data collection and was not the main focus of the study.

I am an alcoholic who quit using alcohol by using marijuana myself and I have some alcohol caused liver damage already, yes I know it's shocking that we only think maybe cannabis causes liver damage and we are scared of it but we know with absolute certainty that alcohol causes liver damage and we buy it for our friends in bars.

If you have liver damage and are concerned about your marijuana use, see your doctor. If you have any medical issues already it is simply common sense to seek medical advice before changing your medication.

Mus, I realize your personal situation may be very anti cannabis but you honestly sound like someones mom when you talk about how bad something is but don't back your fearful talk with facts.

Well when I quit smoking weed for any length of time the symptoms I fight with include insomnia for the first few days, some reduction in appetite and anhedonia. After the acute withdrawal subsides(within a week at most) the anhedonia seems to stick around for a month but effects me mildy for an indefinite length of time along with delayed sleep onset and nightmares, returning of OCD and quite pecularily a STRONG incidence of intrusive thoughts that powerfully aggravate my mental health issues. All those things combined make cannabis a staple in my life I can't do without, but I only indulge once a day at night and that's enough to keep things in check even after the high wears off until the next night when I rinse and repeat. Maybe it's the CBD rather than the THC that has such a stabilizing effect on me? who really knows.

I'm not sure how toxic cannabinoids are on your liver but i'm wagering it would have atleast a small negative impact as with any drug that the body has to breakdown and process. For HR I imagine weed is still a better choice than say alcohol or pills, eh?

Edit: Also I should mention the last time I decided to quit I ended up relapsing on other drugs because shit got way too rough. Learnt my lesson now and will be a weed smoker for life unless I reach enlightenment or something %)

Last edited:
My only withdraw symptoms are everything starts to seem boring and insomnia. Both dissipate fairly quickly once you put your mind and energy towards something else.