• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Weed with CBD for anxiety relief

Steven325

Bluelighter
Daily weed smoker for 10 years.. past years I frequently get pretty bad anxiety, feeling like I'm going to faint, chest pains etc. sometimes quit for a few weeks/months. Went fine for a while but the anxiety is back again, insane chest/arm pains at the moment just from 0,1 gram.

I was looking into buying auto flowering seeds that have strains containing 8% THC and 8% CBD.

I'm wondering if any people here have experience smoking it.

I like high CBD strains, vaping a high CBD shatter earlier this morning. I have the same issues with anxiety occasionally and I've noticed if I have CBD in the morning it is less likely I'll get panicked from smoking high thc strains later in the day.

What are the names of the auto strains you are considering?

So can weed also give a longtime smoker panic. Attacks?
My wife has been having then and she is on benzodiazepine for the anxiety attacks
She has had some stress increase after breatst cancer surgury and thinking it will come back. So her stress level started to increase now she has hit pre menopause and it's like she went from slight to major anxiety.
Would it help if she stopped smoking the hight thc or just stop all together?

High CBD strains work well for my anxiety.

I have also found many types of honey oil and hash to be very relaxing and having anti-anxiety properties.

To be honest I find CBD's effect to be almost nonexistent in terms of anxiety relief in smoking flower (even CBD dominant strains) CBD edibles have had a xanax like effect on me to an extent (not as effective). If you can get your hands on some edible CBD thats the best for anxiety, other than that, I wouldnt spend much time and energy trying just to get CBD dominant flower if medication is actually what you are going for

I wouldnt spend much time and energy trying just to get CBD dominant flower if medication is actually what you are going for
The OP is wanting to grow flower. I'm sure he wouldn't have a problem with making CBD edibles himself.

So now I'm wondering what edibles you eat.

Once you grow the flower you may find better anxiolytic effects from some type of oral tincture. You can make an alcohol-extracted oil ("Rick Simpson Oil") and then dilute it in coconut oil to make a low-dose liquid that you can dose throughout the day to deal with anxiety.

^ Most RSO recipes I've seen/accidentally used are nice for sure.

From the beginning strain used in growing flower to the process used in growing/harvest to the potential process used in making a concentrate/tincture/edible completely changes the makeup of the cannabinoids.

So, maximizing the CBD means to start with the right strain and follow through with the right processes.

I agree with a high CBD low THC strain for anxiety.

vDldeqM.png

This part of the article pretty much sums it up, but if you want to read more here's the link to the whole thing

https://www.projectcbd.org/cannabis-dosing

Definitely agree with the others that CBD is a lot more effective orally than smoked (I do definitely get some anti-anxiety affects smoking it though). The last point about getting as much THC as you are comfortable with into the mix is important too, as I think a lot of the more therapeutic affects come from the synergy of CBD and THC together. Personally I made capsules from coconut oil infused with a 2:1 CBD:THC strain, and take a low dose of that throughout the day, then a high dose along with a bit of a high-THC strain at night for my 'sleepytime' dose. The combo probably ends up at about a 1:1 ratio, and makes for a very soothing affect, but that much THC during the day would totally zonk me.