• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction weed vs xanax

xannyhead

Bluelighter
Weed vs Xanax, which one causes more brain damage when you are a teen? Popping a bar every now and then or smoking some weed?

Last edited:
idk OPie, neither really if your only eating one once like a month or twice.

I think depending on what you do on weed will determine where your neuroplasticity is headed. Other than that if you smoke weed and maintain a normal life its not going to do anything.

If your eating a bar like 3-7 times a week and withdrawing from it psycologically or physically youl have some brain damage I think

I would definitely assume the Xanax would, just from seeing people close to me who have been on it for a long time, and who I've also seen withdrawal from it. You can maintain your mind and have a productive life and smoke weed. In the longterm, I see Xanax being more detrimental to your brain. I'm not a doctor. Just speaking from personal experience.

I would say neither. Xanax taken over long periods of time has been linked to dementia in elderly patients, and if abused can have alcohol like withdrawal symptoms. Weed on the other hand seems to only effect a very small minority that have an underlying mental illness like schizophrenia, although I do believe some people can have mood swings when they stop, I don't think weed causes any permanent chemical changes in the brain.

Not sure on weed, but xanax works heavy on GABA receptors. I wouldn't want to touch those until the brain is fully developed.

considering your 'brain demage' thread its safe to assume that you don't just pop a bar every now and then, you use them to excess.
in your situation, with your xanax habit, xanax is by far one of the most dangerous things in your life right now.

i see this thread as you trying to justify your use.
stop taking xanax, it will effect your brain developing, as many people here have already said.