• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Misc Weed Vs. Opiates

ThatGuy767

Greenlighter
So. I have come to a nee conclusion recently. I think I get higher off weed than anything. Nothing makes me as happy as bud. Idk where the magic of the opiates went I was never a daily user but they just seem to make me numb. That's it. Nothing more. Oh and a lil loopy. My favorite part is the nod and the euphoria I used to feel. Idk where the fuck it went. Ketamine I get euphoria and bud. Not on cocaine. Not adderall. Hardly alcohol unless I'm in a good mood. Is it because im stressed? Is it because I smoked weed all day every day for 2 years and now my body is just readjusting to normal function so im reacting oddly. I quit back in the middle of July. I still smoke a lot just not everyday and when I do smoke it's usually once a day

It’s down to genetic make up I think.
There are definitely those who are susceptible to psychosis and other forms of mental illness when they smoke pot, and then there are those who feel liberated by it.

And also the two distinct types of weed make all the difference and they’re not always easy to pick one dried and manicured, especially now with so much cross breeding.
I have been told that America is one of the few places you can still distinctly find both indica and sativa.

I’m an old stoner from way back, from the country and my partner and I used to grow.

Indica is known more for its sedative relaxation properties, great for anxiety and sleep, where Sativa is more of an upper, it motivates and invigorates the body

That’s just the basics, too much more for a post, you’ll have some strains with my ‘mind altering affects (thc) and others that are bette for pain relief (cbd)
And that’s just the beginning.
America is at the forefront of the research and isolation of each property and it will get more exciting as they get closer to the end of their work

I had the cut back 2 years ago too, lung disease got me, but I stil try to enjoy my edibles when I can

Definitely the most productive drug in the world 😍😍😍😍 I’d recommend dropping the rest for a year, take a break, research the best weed for you, and get your mind back on track

Sounds to me like it’s your anti depressant, and you wouldn’t be the only one x

Weed is my drug of choice. I think opiates feel better in terms of raw euphoria. That being said I have never taken opiates/opiods and not smoked any weed, so they're always in combination lol. Oxy feels like MDMA almost but without the need to grind my teeth or any intense feelings of empathy for others. Just full body waves of euphoria and intense psychological validation. Cannabis is more subtle and relaxing without causing un earned euphoria. I'm more likely to do something productive like clean the house with weed vs opis.

It’s down to genetic make up I think.
There are definitely those who are susceptible to psychosis and other forms of mental illness when they smoke pot, and then there are those who feel liberated by it.

And also the two distinct types of weed make all the difference and they’re not always easy to pick one dried and manicured, especially now with so much cross breeding.
I have been told that America is one of the few places you can still distinctly find both indica and sativa.

I’m an old stoner from way back, from the country and my partner and I used to grow.

Indica is known more for its sedative relaxation properties, great for anxiety and sleep, where Sativa is more of an upper, it motivates and invigorates the body

That’s just the basics, too much more for a post, you’ll have some strains with my ‘mind altering affects (thc) and others that are bette for pain relief (cbd)
And that’s just the beginning.
America is at the forefront of the research and isolation of each property and it will get more exciting as they get closer to the end of their work

I had the cut back 2 years ago too, lung disease got me, but I stil try to enjoy my edibles when I can

Definitely the most productive drug in the world 😍😍😍😍 I’d recommend dropping the rest for a year, take a break, research the best weed for you, and get your mind back on track

Sounds to me like it’s your anti depressant, and you wouldn’t be the only one x
It is my antidepressant. I have social anxiety disorder, a pinched nerve and back pain comes with that, major depressive disorder, chronic depressive disorder, essential tremor, and ADD. As you can see. It is my medicine haha.

It is my antidepressant. I have social anxiety disorder, a pinched nerve and back pain comes with that, major depressive disorder, chronic depressive disorder, essential tremor, and ADD. As you can see. It is my medicine haha.

You’ve def chosen well, I consider it the safest of them all and once legal across the world I predict drug addiction in general to decrease A LOT.

You’ve def chosen well, I consider it the safest of them all and once legal across the world I predict drug addiction in general to decrease A LOT.
Oh absolutely. As a society we need to properly educate people how to dose these substances properly so people dont make the same mistakes. They are removing DARE and starting this in schools fortunately. If I have a kid I'd tell him everything not to do.

The useful thing about combining or alternating cannabis with opioids is that there isn't really that much overlap and, to cite the most common thing people find, cannabis helps with any nausea that may come from narcotic analgesics. I would think cannabis would be helpful for the paradoxical dysphoria which sometimes sets in with a dose of an opioid analgesic or anti-tussive too.

But cannabis is not a replacement for opioids for pain. Cannabis works by a different mechanism and it just helps the opioids work better, allow for higher and rapidly increasing doses in cases where there is rapid progression of the underlying cause for the pain, and has a synergistic effect on mood and so forth; then again, a lot of antihistamines, anticholinergics, catabolic steroids, dissociatives, stimulants, benzodiazapines, anti-convulsants and others do as well.