• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Weed Tolerance Thread: Why am I not enjoying weed?

gm2007

Greenlighter
I was practically a daily toker (sometimes two or three times a day) from April to late December with the exceptions of taking a few days off every few weeks and taking breaks spanning from 6 to 17 days every few months for various reasons. I usually toke out of a pipe due to its portability, but when I can, I use a bong for the better high. Lately, I've noticed that I haven't been enjoying the high that weed gives me nearly as much anymore. When I first started toking, I would say that (in theory) I would pay up to $500 for a g of good bud if that's how much it costed (and if there was no way I could get it any cheaper). Ever since I've started toking, I've noticed the amount that I value weed at has dropped, but that theoretical number dropped quite a bit in December. :p :p:p

Around late December, I would've put that same theoretical number at around $30 for a g so with that being said, I clearly don't enjoy it as much as I used to. Basically, the reason why I started this thread is to get your input on why this may be. I feel like it may consist of a variety of factors. Since I started in March, the primary way I've done it is by driving alone with a pipe bowl listening to music and usually getting food afterwards. However, sometimes I do this with friends too, or toke in my garage with friends and sometimes after toking I'll watch TV or play video games. I mix it up once in a while when I can, but usually when I'm at it, I drive around with a bowl in my hand. I wonder if the routine is the problem, or if it's the frequency of the routine. After all, I'm sure that most people would grow bored of the same/similar routine most days for 9 months straight. Also, back on Christmas night I ingested 3 g's of shrooms and kind of wonder if this may have changed my perspective on weed since I still feel a little bit different, but not in a bad way, just slightly more outgoing and creative. The last thing I can think of is that maybe the strains (although quite potent) that I've been toking with recently may not be the strains for me.

Since the 27th of Dec., I've only toked twice (Jan. 2nd & Jan. 6, one pipe bowl & one bong bowl respectively) On Jan. 2nd I was driving around with some friends and noticed a good feeling, but although I had not toked in a week at the time, I noticed that the high wasn't all that great. So as of now, I have only toked on 2 of the last 23 days and have not toked at all in 12 at this point. So what are your thoughts? At this point in my life I feel like I should restrict toking to twice a week on average, but I'm not entirely sure. I want to know what you guys think is the problem, I personally think it's the repetition and frequency of how/when I toke, but again I'm not so sure. Also, do you guys think with the amount of time I've gone without it that I'd be good to go again?

Yup tolerance happens, weed has never been as good for me after the first 10 times I smoked it. Tolerance is an ugly fact of life :(

I've seen it called "losing the magic", and happens with most or all drugs.

The people I know who smoke dabs have the most epic tolerances of all. Some of them don't even smoke buds anymore.

The one thing I enjoy about cannabis, though, is that you can have a high tolerance and then smoke a different strain than you're used to & get really stoned once again!

The people I know who smoke dabs have the most epic tolerances of all. Some of them don't even smoke buds anymore.

The one thing I enjoy about cannabis, though, is that you can have a high tolerance and then smoke a different strain than you're used to & get really stoned once again!

Agreed 100%. I try to keep multiple strains on hand for that very reason.

why do they smoke dabs though... cause they get you high even when your tolerance is high.

Agreed 100%. I try to keep multiple strains on hand for that very reason.
i keep multiple types of wax around yo

I find that I build a tolerance to the effects more than the actual bud, and no amount of smoking will change it. For example, even with daily smoking a bowl or two of top shelf will get me stoned, but the effects just won't be as pleasant as they were when tolerance was low, smoking more doesn't seem to cut it. However, if I'm dabbing or munching on edibles buds will become pretty ineffective. Never saw the appeal in extracts though, they jack tolerance and the high seems incredibly heady and hollow... I'd much rather consume flowers.

Look into the placebo effect you might find it interesting.. if you start smoking weed and say to yourself hey this joint is not going to get me high and you honestly believe it wont its my honest opinion that you wont get high its the same the other way if you say wow this joints gunna send me to the moon and back and then you smoke it you might find the effects to be quite different

I would like to know if abstaining from pot until you are clean as possible will bring the magic back, or at least some of it. I know that since you would have no tolerance you would get much higher from it, but I wonder if your brain handles the drug differently after years of use and it gives you a little different high no matter the tolerance.

You want to make sure you arnt taking any physcaitric medication as these have known chemical interactions in the brain.. medication has been known to take the fun out of smoking cannabis

IME there is no shortcut to cannabis tolerance (besides upgrading from weed to dabs)
a nice 30 day T-break usually does the trick, tho the longer the better

Take some time off. Maybe even a few months or so. Then set a date, a holiday or something so you're building anticipation and turn on Higher than the Sun by Primal Scream, smoke your face off (big fat hog leg of a joint) and enjoy.