• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

weed questions

N

new2weed

Some of these questions may seem a little silly but......I started abusing my prescriptions about 4 months ago to help me deal with anxiety depression and other things. About 2 weeks ago I decided to try marijuana again because in my mind it is definitely the lesser of two evils....sorry if that comes across as offensive. I smoked about 6 times over the past 20 years and every time I got extremely nauseous.

I found a friend who was willing to help me through the process of learning about it. But I feel silly asking some of these questions to my friend so here I am. And yes I pretty much read all the threads on here. So this friend got me 1/4 of what he smokes in 2 weeks. Saying that it'll probably last me the month being that I'm new to it. This friend has been smoking weed everyday for at least 15 years so I feel they experienced enough to help me out. Two nights ago they brought me my stuff. Showed me some things and told me a few things about it. Said they get just good quality stuff. We then went outside and shared a joint. They rolled a real skinny ass one. And when I said omg it's so skinny they said That's all you're gonna need for right now. They were right lol.

We came back inside and they were showing me a couple more things and I was like I gotta go sit down. I couldn't stand up anymore. I went and sat on the couch and my head felt like the heaviest balloon. I knew enough to not fight it and just sat back and got comfortable and let it wash over me. I think I got right up to the edge of it being to much for my first real experience. But like I said I just let it wash over me and after about 10 minutes I felt better lime I was riding it instead of it riding me. My head was still so fn heavy but I was feeling good. My friend started talking to me about every day things and all I could do was smile and say yep. That's all I was capable of lol. But after about another 15 minutes of sitting there My muscles started twitching. Random parts of my body and it wasn't unpleasant just weird. I'm still really calm and relaxed at this point. Skip to the next morning I woke up and my nose was completely stuffed up. I am really sensitive when someone in the vicinity mows their lawn my nose instantly starts running and gets all stuffed up when I smell it.

My questions are....

What's your opinion on my first real experience?

Is it ok to take 50 mg of benadryl about the same time I smoke? Will it help at all?

And what would be your one piece of advice you would tell your friend just starting out?

Thank you in advance

Last edited by a moderator:
Anonymous -----> CD

What's your opinion on my first real experience?

Quite normal, you didn't panic. Weed is strong these days man.

Is it ok to take 50 mg of benadryl about the same time I smoke? Will it help at all?

Benadryl contains an anticholinergic, Diphenhydramine. Weed also possesses anticholinergic effects so it will have an additive effect on the medicine. Usually unpleasant so I wouldn't waste my time with that. A beer is a more pleasant mix.

And what would be your one piece of advice you would tell your friend just starting out?

Take it slow. Stick with doing very small doses. Seeing that you're older than the average stoner kid you really don't need much.
I know a guy in his 30s that smokes very small amounts at a time.

Just don't make a bad habit out of it. It's not harmless like they say. It'll mess with your head like any other drug.

Last edited:
I used to puke when I would smoke too much. First few times I smoked I actually puked. I've always gotten motion sickness very easily, thrown up from sitting to close to the screen at movie theaters, can't stand carnival rides. I thought that I just didn't like weed at first but then I tried taking just one or two very small hits and actually enjoyed it as it wasn't completely overwhelming.

No need to smoke more than what is enjoyable, allow at least 15 minutes for each dose to fully hit you before redosing if you don't want to take too much.

Yea man your firdt exxperience dimly brings back my firdt time.... ahhh how much i miss the days of getting high on little amounts, but as i see you are dping i also use cannabis as a medicine. I use it for my ruptured disks, adhd and my severe anxiety. I also had the thought that it would lessen my anxiety to mix these two substances but to prevail. I either fell asleep or it did not help. Hey experimenting keep it safe!

I am really sensitive when someone in the vicinity mows their lawn my nose instantly starts running and gets all stuffed up when I smell it.

Good that you mention this, sounds like you have a grass allergy that's related to the negative side-effects of your experiences with the herb. Maybe you could avoid a reaction by consuming the herb in hash oil or edible forms. It does take a lot of green to experiment with those ways, though, so I wouldn't advise it unless you were looking to buy more than just a few grams at a time. The good thing is if you know anyone who knows any growers you may be able to get trim at a discounted price, it's just leaves that are trimmed off the flowers and they're not that great to smoke but is good raw material for making hash or edibles.

edit: oh yeah, if you live in the U.S. there's also the option of taking a day trip to a state where it's legal and just buying some hash oil or edibles to sample.