• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Weed not the same anymore?

i_LOVE_her

Greenlighter
Weed is no longer the same fufilling drug it used to be. i used to be able to smoke all day everyday. i can no longer take more than 4-5 hits of a bowl, joint, or blunt with out feeling paranoid, scared, jittery, and trapped that i am stuck high.

i remember i used to be able to smoke every damn day all damn day when i was in 11th and 12th grade in highschool. The n when i reached my late teens i can no longer smoke like i used too. i remember having an absolute blast smoking all the time. Should i wait and drain my sytem out then start up again? its been about 3 years of just weed all day. i would really like some input if this is also happening to you or if it is just me.

Thank you

Thanks man for the help.. Because all my friends want me to take a dab. i am afraid of doing a dab at this current moment in time. i am afraid it will be way to much and i will have a panic attack.

if you're afraid don't do it man.. it increases the likelyhood of you freaking out.. fuck your friends (no offence of course) your mental health is more important
or if you're dead set on doing it smoke a little little amount or take a benzo firat

yeah it's definetely powerful stuff.. if weed gives you anxiety you should abstain from dabs and such

thanks man imma take a couple months of sobriety then smoke a little and then see if im ready for a dab

Too much importance placed on THC levels these days. I read somewhere that 30-40 years ago the average THC content of weed was about 3-4%, compared to these days where it's about ~30% (don't quote me on this). THC is a psychotic, CBD is an anti-psychotic. Where all the CBD weed at?

I think this happens to everybody at some point. Just slow down a bit. Smoke until you are almost stoned instead of going for getting stoned as possible.

Hello fellow Buffalonian!
Like you,I have a similar pot smoking time line.
Started smoking when I was 17 and was head over heals with it. I thought I`d never give it up. I`d smoke and wax poetic,enjoy listening to music,watch films,laugh at everything and generally have a great time alone or with friends.
Then I started to notice around 21 or 22 that when I would smoke I`d over think things,then get bummed out. I kind of shrugged off the negative effects and kept smoking.
I wouldn`t get any negative effects/thoughts if I was on lsd,mdma or mushrooms oddly enough though.
So,I kept smoking and the negative effects(overthinking things,paranoid thoughts,panic,dysphoria) became so much that I just stopped one day.
After that I got more and more into pain killers and eventually heroin.

So after a few years with a bad monkey I quit with the help of my girlfriend. That was 8 years ago.
That whole time my girl smoked weed and I desperately wanted to join her in a smoke. The few times I did weren`t all that great,not horrible but not like when I was 18.

Now,the past few weeks I`ve given it a go again. This time with better results.
Like others have said,take it slow. I used to smoke bong load after bong load. I don`t do that now.
I smoke 2 or 3 hits of kind bud and that`s it. I don`t get overwhelmed or have negative thoughts. I do get crazy munchies tho.

Sorry for the long post!

Just take it slow and when you feel ready,have a smoke.

I don't enjoy the social side of weed as much anymore. In the old days I'd smoke with a crew and it was all good. Over time the numbers dwindled naturally and I started to prefer it that way.

A few bad experiences at parties got me a bit shook up about social smoking (the wrong crowd), and now I pretty much prefer to stick to booze for rowdy fun, and leave bud for my own quiet good times with my favourite entertainments, and/or people I feel close to.

I don't know if it's the effects of weed changing. Setting makes a big difference for me, and my setting preferences have changed in general as I got older.