• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Weed newbie. Strange high from blunt.

Stonerboy45

Greenlighter
I started smoking weed recently. I'm not a typical user. Never did it when i was younger. I've been high like 4x this week. I've had varying degrees of high. Some I like, some I don't. The last time I smoked. It was out of a home made bong. I also rolled the very last of my weed into a blunt and took a few hits off that. What I didn't know was that, in addition to getting high off the weed. I got a strange and very "head" high from the nicotine in the blunt roller. It made me very uncomfortable and I decided to quit at that very moment. In my haste I tossed what was left of the blunt, took apart and crushed the bong, and have sworn to never smoke again. Two says later. I have some regret. Being 420 it's also my birthday and for the first time in my life I feel like I'm missing out on not celebrating 420. It's a long life and I'm a quirky person. Advice.welcome.

Weed has different kinds of thc with. Many highs.. some sleepy some stimulating some combo .. and ya some have the power to mindfuck you

Marijuana highs can be very different, even two days in a row from the same weed. The method of delivery and how much you smoke matters a lot. Hitting bongs is the strongest, because you're getting so much at once. Smoking hits off a joint is probably the most easygoing. If it was too strong, no reason to quit weed if you don't want to, just smoke less and take smaller hits. In my experience, marijuana is one of the most anxiety-causing drugs, or at least it can be, sometimes it gets rid of anxiety but a lot of the time it makes me more anxious than I was before. A lot of it is situational, too. if I'm not fully comfortable with my surroundings and the people I'm with, I will probably feel anxious.

Also, adding nicotine makes it different. personally I find the physical feeling of nicotine pretty anxious when I actually get a nicotine buzz, especially if I'm not used to it. So I'd recommend not smoking tobacco with your marijuana if it bothers you. Personally I like it better without tobacco.

First, nicotine has powerful effects if you are not tolerant to it. They can become unpleasant very quickly. Blunt wraps have an appreciable amount of nicotine.

Second, as shadow said, nicotine gives marijuana a different feel (especially when you are first starting out and not tolerant).

Finally, I have met several people in college who couldn’t or wouldn’t smoke blunts because they’d get nauseous from the nicotine.

Like most said every high is different even from the same batch . Me for example I’ve bin smoking weed since 13 I’m 33 now . Sometimes I get high and really enjoy it and sometimes I get high and think to myself why did I just smoke . I was in a good head space before I smiled snd now I’m overthinking shit .
I for sure allready know that I don’t like it when I get to high it’s not pleasant to me at all. I like to take a few hits off a joint or blunt and I’m good but if I’m with friends and there passing around 10 joints and I indulge the whole time then I don’t like the feeling . Plus i am a bottomless pit when I get to high and then don’t feel good from eating so much.
I also personally did not like smoking weed much when I first started . I basically convinced myself to be a pothead just to be “cool” same with opiates . Most opiate addicts say they fell in love or they felt complete like something was missing when they first tried opiates . Well not me . So I’m an idiot in short .
So my recommendation to do is if your not the biggest fan of it just quit while your ahead . Sounds like your convincing yourself to be a pothead like I did when I was younger and that’s a huge regret for me. Eventho I enjoy it now i would have much rather preferred to have never started .

Eventho I enjoy it now i would have much rather preferred to have never started .

Huh, really? Why, if I may ask? Can't you just quit? Or is it that it's caused you a lot of problems in life?

For me, I used to be a massive pothead but these days I just smoke sometimes and I like it, and when I don't want to I just don't.

I’ve never managed to quit ever since I became a pothead at a young age . Whenever I would try to stop I would get insomnia and I also have no appetite in the mornings or afternoon till I smoke . I wasn’t really saying it in a bad way I just woulda preferred no to be a pot head as opposed to being one . And like I said I didn’t like it for the first little while so I kinda forced my self into becoming one .
I see nothing wrong with smoking pot if anything with all the new medical research I think it’s an amazing drug . But i don’t get the benefits from it like I used to so at the end off the day I can honestly say I wish I just stoped after I first tried it and that’s it .
I might have a different outlook if I started later is life as opposed to starting at 13 . Pot has so many benefits for so many things but an example of why I regret being a pothead is maybe if I wasn’t one then when I go thru heroin withdrawals now in days it probably would work so much better for pain relief and insomnia. But it barley helps at all for me to smoke thru out withdrawals . Sometimes it makes it even worse cuz I get in my head to much . Now in days I officially call my day over the second I smoke . I become non functional anymore . Not like when I was younger and wake up to a bong hit .
It’s like saying I wish I never got hooked on coffee in the mornings(which I’m not cuz it doesn’t do anything for me ) but I’m sure if someone had the option of waking up and get going in the morning the same way they do without drinking coffee then they would prefer that route I’m assuming .

Last edited:
Oh damn that sucks, I've never had any sort of negative effects from stopping. I guess I'm lucky, I've talked to plenty of people who report insomnia and nausea.

I wonder if it has to do with age of starting at all? I didn't smoke til I was 17, whereas many people I know started at 13 or 14 like you did.

It’s possible but I think it had more to do with me starting hard drugs . When I would jokingly say I quit when I was 16 17 when I say insomnia it wasn’t that serious . It’s not like I was suffering it just took longer to fall asleep . I believe I’ve if I never started with heroin then I wouldn’t have wrote my first post in this thread cuz eventho I didn’t like it at first I wound up really enjoying it for a long time .
I’m still a daily smoker but only at night . Some highs are better then others but it’s not like when I was a kid and was stressed and just didn’t feel good I could smoke a joint and everything was so much better.
Luckily eventho I didn’t have the easiest childhood growing up with my father that I was scared I never knew what the words depression or anxiety were. I never experienced those feelings and didn’t know they even exist . I’m 33 and I didn’t even know some kids take sleeping pills and take depression meds etc till I was 18.
Now in days I’ve read many studies that say starting to smoke pot at an early age can cause these symptoms and now I wonder if I might have never started smoking pot then maybe I wouldn’t be depressed or anxious like I am now. I know I’m not clinically depressed I think it just takes me a really long time to heal when off opiates.
I’ve bin using 15 years and a few months is not good enough for me to feel mentally better . I’ve made it to a year twice and at those points I didn’t feel depressed .
I think I’m going off topic but in short I think pot should be taken in moderation just like everything else . I didn’t smoke for the past 4 days for three first time in ages and I smoked last night and it was a great high and I slept pretty well . So I think just for me I need to slow it down and become a social smoker and stop being a pothead .
Most of my friends I started blazing with have quit and when asked why they say they don’t enjoy it anymore . They get paranoid and anxious and it just doesn’t do what it used to do . I also have a couple friends that still smoke from the morning till the night and it’s ironic but those friends that smoke all day are the more successful ones in life .
So I’m for sure pro pot just for me if I was giving someone staring out advice I would recommend to smoke once in a while cuz it might loose its magic eventually . Again that’s just for me ?

I had this phenomenon with marijuana, one day, I just became allergic to the effects and was quite dysphoric. I still deal with that even today 20yrs later, but it's become tolerable