• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Weed & itching

hawaii

Bluelighter
Hi everyone,
got some Blue Cheese weed (he said) from a friend.

I love the high I get from it, quite relaxing both physically and mentally but I noticed every time I smoke it I start feeling some itching in my arms and various parts of my body.
Is that normal?
It's not something extremely intense at all and not annoying but defintaly something I notice when stoned (not happening when sober)

Salutations Hawaii,

...every time I smoke it I start feeling some itching in my arms and various parts of my body.

Perhaps you should start with an attempt to eliminate potential contaminants by trying cannabis from a different source, or even just scratch a tiny spot with it on your skin and observe what happens and then decide based on your findings what's the next step...

;)

Maybe you're allergic to the fertilizer they are growing with? Look in the bag and in the buds if there are any tiny white little balls and youll see.

Salutations,

...tiny white little balls...

Months ago this was found in a bag which smelled just like "deodorant" mothballs, or naphthalene i would say, and quite ironically this happens to have some strong artificial aroma of its own, capable of masking less pleasing odors in a men's toilet room more exacly...

16ixvrs.jpg

Consequently i was lucky such laced weed was so easy to detect, not to mention that mothballs being used for pest control (instead of fertilization) it's clear to me that it wasn't even from a good batch anyway!

:|

Icthing is caused by opiates most of the time. It is likely you could be allergic to the fertilizer/weed itself possibly. If your really itchy i would assume the weed has other substances/chemicals on or in it.

For me at least, cannabis seems to cause an acute rise in histamine levels. My already existing allergies feel like they've been turned up a notch. Nothing extreme, but noticeable.

Most strains have this effect on me, nor has any of it been moldy.

Salutations Flying_L0TUS,

...cannabis seems to cause an acute rise in histamine levels. ... Most strains have this effect...

Vaped or smoked?

Because with a vaporizer it's possible to observe adverse intolerance reactions under some circumstances while not so lucky enough to manage with it in others. Anyway, keeping water around (to take a sip before and after) helps me to avoid couphing unless i've already got too much irritation already, when the signs become more severe i chew strong gum and if it won't stop then it's about time i switch to a blend incorporating depleted material, to modulate dosage...

Sometimes this works better than others, external conditions in my surrounding environment are probably having a significant effect though it's only an impression so far.

Ah and itching may also result from exposure to spider mites i think, but it doesn't seem likely here.

Good day, have fun!

=D

Smoked. It could just be an idiosyncratic immune response, or I may just be more sensitive to it than other people.

Not so much a problem with coughing. Sneezing and a runny nose for the most part, dry/bloodshot eyes don't help.

Hi again Flying_L0TUS,

Then maybe it's still possible you might be amoung those like me who feel less irritation beyond 180 ~ 185 °C, for example. In my own case i began to suspect something released at lower temperature causes me discomfort while it's no longer present in high enough concentration when i eventually make blends later, using pre-vaped and freshly grinded dry herb to lower dosage: i believe this changes the "spectrum" of active ingredients too and it seems my body prefers that part. Which is agravation enough even if i didn't experience disabilitating symptoms in a long while, weeks of relief at last; because what i appreciated most in cannabis was the satisfaction of tasting it like i never could when i used to smoke. And i must confess i had a nasty habit back then...

It could just be an idiosyncratic immune response, or I may just be more sensitive to it than other people.

Or you may be aging. Ot there's finally a price to pay for smoking during an extended period, etc.

Sneezing and a runny nose for the most part...

That's inconvenient already, i know. Not really funny with others around who's only suggestion is to quit - which is an option in some case, ideally.

Also, please take note this is only a personal testimony and hence i'd recommend seeking additional advice, even professional if that's an alternative at all.

Good day, have fun!

=D

Or you may be aging. Ot there's finally a price to pay for smoking during an extended period, etc.

I only smoke a relatively small amount per session, and my supply is inconsistent so breaks are common. Age doesn't appear be the issue since this effect has always been present for me.

Also, please take note this is only a personal testimony and hence i'd recommend seeking additional advice, even professional if that's an alternative at all.

I should clarify that I don't find the uptick in histamine unpleasant or annoying, just that it is present.

If anything it makes the experience a little more stimulating, which is nice.

Hi again Flying_L0TUS,

I hope it's OKay to understand panic is no good option, actually that was my plan as well.

So... Good day, have fun! And pay attention to changes in the signals...

;)