• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Weed is having very strange effects on me??

Status
Not open for further replies.

StinkyValerie

Greenlighter
When I smoke weed, I have very interesting effects??I was walking through the shop and an electro song started playing and I felt like I was smoking crack but 5x better, I've never smoked crack but it was just that intense that you can't mistake it, I just felt absolutely amazing and I felt it through every cell of my body, I could feel my heartbeat all over myself and my pulse and it felt great, and it lasted about 5 minutes only and when it went away I felt satisfied with it, it gave me an afterglow for the rest of the high.

I know that music can be a spiritual experience while on weed, but that was past the effects of weed. I was listening to "in the air tonight" and it was making my arms slump down by my sides, and I just sat back on my chair and was relaxing and relaxing and relaxing into a deep meditation-psychedelic-trance, it felt amazing, this was while I was very tired.

Also, I had a space cake I had left and when I ate it I felt all hypnotic, like when it was night time and I swear I saw some fire works, I didn't hear them but I THINK I saw them from a distance away. I felt like my consciousness had been morphed, something that only psychedelics or dissociatives would do and even so it was very remarkable and a great experience. Also my dreams on the day I smoke are very hypnotic, I dream about planets and me floating through space and I dream about relatives that have passed away.

Also another thing is when I smoke weed I can read a book as fast as I want and I remember every single word, I am writing this and I am remembering every single word I am writing. I just got a book out and scanned through it and I can remember everything(I'm stoned right now by the way)

Why??

Last edited:
The five minutes of euphoria was the come up, while the drug was reaching peak concentrations in your brain in regards to receptor occupancy.

Those sound like typical effects in people with full CB1 receptor densities. Cannabinoid agonists are hallucinogens just like psychedelics and dissociatives are. If you were to try an actual full agonist cannabinoid that's not weak and only partially effective at activating the receptor, then you'd would be of the opinion that not only do psychedelics and dissociatives have those effects. THC is just not that strong of a cannabinoid. It sounds like you're more sensitive to the pro-dopaminergic effects that THC has once it activates the CB1 receptor. Some people just respond in an overt dopaminergic manner to certain drugs, which is where addiction can come into play, so watch yourself to make sure you don't fall into a habit with it. I used to have a problem with cannabinoids for this very same reason - any other drug, take it or leave it. But cannabinoids were something else to me.

Do you smoke much? From the effects you get it doesn't sound like you do, because the effects of weed and cannabinoids change as you use it more. They start to feel less stimulating and more depressant and lethargy-inducing. God. I hated that feeling when it felt like I was glued to my chair for hours. lol

I don't know, like crack, weed is a very 'intense' drug, IMO. I'm going to move this to CD.

these effects are not strange and uncommon OP. they're very common with weed, especially if you have low tolerance.

mate you're just high as fuck that's pretty normal, enjoy it! it may be the most common, illegal drug, so people assume it would have weak effects, but really it's quite intense if you smoke enough [not even that much].

It could've been laced. Crack lasts 5-15 minutes, which would explain the whole thing in the shop. As for the rest of the high, it could have also been laced with something that lasts longer. Just a thought. Another possible explanation is that you might get hallucinogenic effects from cannabis. I get psychedelic effects from cannabis, pretty similar to what you described. I used to just get normal effects from weed, but then I started taking adderall. I didn't smoke for a few weeks after starting it, but the first time I did I got incredibly high and had a very intense psychedelic trip (trip report ----> http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads...ll-hallucinogenic-experience-powerful-visuals) . After that I got psychedelic effects every time I smoked, and still do, even without any other drugs. Stimulants (Adderall and methylphenidate at least) enhance the effects, even after the stimulant has worn off, increase the high, and make the cannabis last longer, for me at least. I did a bit of research on people who get psychedelic effects from cannabis, and found that some people with an AKT1 gene have hallucinogenic effects while smoking cannabis. Based on personal experience, I'm thinking either getting really high or getting really high with a stimulant might bring out, for lack of a better phrase, whatever causes you to hallucinate. If that's correct, which it may not be, and it was laced with crack, it could've brought out what makes you hallucinate on cannabis. The next time you smoke, you should come back and edit in whether or not you get any psychedelic effects again. While i was researching people who get psychedelic effects from cannabis, i found there was a significant link between it and psychosis. I myself actually have psychosis. I also was on methylphenidate for a couple months, then a very large dose of adderall daily for over a year, did a lot of DXM (dissociative) before, and smoked obscene amounts of cannabis 1-2 times every day for almost a year straight, and out of gravity bongs too, along with a couple other drugs that are linked with psychosis a few times, so i wouldn't use me as a great example for how common this is. Anyway, if you continue to hallucinate on cannabis, it's probably more dangerous for you, but also more fun. Just BTW, I've never had a bad trip on weed, it's a very easy psychedelic to handle, and (for me at least) is very intense. I find it to be a stronger psychedelic than LSA, but easier to handle, so don't worry about bad trips.

Last edited:
It could've been laced. Crack lasts 5-15 minutes, which would explain the whole thing in the shop. As for the rest of the high, it could have also been laced with something that lasts longer. There's another possible explanation I have but I have to go rn, I'll come back and edit it in later. I advise you not to smoke until you figure out what it is.

i'm sorry but speculation does not help a single thing. please desist from speculating what the OP's weed was laced with when you have no basis to judge other than the OP's description of their experience.

The five minutes of euphoria was the come up, while the drug was reaching peak concentrations in your brain in regards to receptor occupancy.

Those sound like typical effects in people with full CB1 receptor densities. Cannabinoid agonists are hallucinogens just like psychedelics and dissociatives are. If you were to try an actual full agonist cannabinoid that's not weak and only partially effective at activating the receptor, then you'd would be of the opinion that not only do psychedelics and dissociatives have those effects. THC is just not that strong of a cannabinoid. It sounds like you're more sensitive to the pro-dopaminergic effects that THC has once it activates the CB1 receptor. Some people just respond in an overt dopaminergic manner to certain drugs, which is where addiction can come into play, so watch yourself to make sure you don't fall into a habit with it. I used to have a problem with cannabinoids for this very same reason - any other drug, take it or leave it. But cannabinoids were something else to me.

Do you smoke much? From the effects you get it doesn't sound like you do, because the effects of weed and cannabinoids change as you use it more. They start to feel less stimulating and more depressant and lethargy-inducing. God. I hated that feeling when it felt like I was glued to my chair for hours. lol
I love that dopaminergic effect. I know exactly what you're talking about. I believe that it's the reason why MAOI's can hugely amplify the effects of cannabis, as MAO is not in any way involved in breaking down cannabinoïds. The downside of this dopaminergic effect on the other hand, is that it's also responsible for the hangover that you can get from cannabis binges. If you take sufficient amounts of cannabis when you're on any classic hallucinogen, not only will there be some huge mutual amplification of psychedelic effects, but you can also fall asleep realy easily. Maybe that's due to some sort of dopamine depletion at the end?

I really doubt it was laced with crack. lol. Ive never had any sort of spiritual experience, nor have I felt "satisfied" or any sort of nice "afterglow" from crack. Mostly crack just leaves me feeling shitty, wishing I had more crack. ANYWAYS... Ive been on every drug in the book, and sometimes weed can be one of the MOST intense experiences, especially if I hit a dab or something. Ive had crazy psychedelic experiences, and existential crisis's on high doses of THC (and whatever other canibinoids) but i seem to be more sensitive to weed than your average guy.

crack is like a red bull to me, raises my heart rate which I don't rly like and that's mostly it

Status
Not open for further replies.