• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

weed is giving me the worst withdrawals of my life

kushblowin

Bluelighter
ive always had nausea and stomach problems my whole life so this may be worse for me but its bad. i used to smoke weed and found it cured my nausea and made me escape reality so easily that i just abused the fuck out of it thinking its harmless. i smoked every chance i could get for 10 years straight if not longer and it was the biggest mistake of my life.

being off weed and having no desire to do weed this is hell. i keep tossing and turning getting no sleep, im really really sick to my stomach for no reason. my withdrawals are so bad that even when i feel high, burned out, and tasting weed in my mouth im still getting withdrawals. i need to legit get stoned enough to leave the stratosphere to kill my withdrawals but i get anxiety from smoking so its not fun for me. i had to smoke myself into a different dimension and make the withdrawals go away and then i couldnt stop smoking again, getting stoned off my ass way too bad, then crashing back into sobriety anxiety and stomach problems.

if youre using weed for medical reasons please keep it a minimum and dont derealize from reality every single day getting high. it was the worst mistake of my life and i wasted years being a burned out dumb ass too high to do anything or even realizing what im doing. after 10 years of weed this is the first time ive felt human in a long time after escaping for so long, and ive just felt human emotions for the first time in years, and realizing weed was fucking awful.

i keep getting up and having to puke for no reason. any smell except for fresh air makes me really sick, any slight off smell will make me puke or gag really easy, i cant eat, my nausea and stomach burning really bad, i just keep randomly crying at things for no reason. as soon as i hit the weed again i immediately became miserable again and im still getting withdrawals. weed is no joke if you abuse it way too much.

even just hitting my wax pen laying in bed doesnt help at all its just making me uncomfortable. i need to legit sit there and chief until i get to the next universe high for the withdrawals to stop and then they just come right back when i stop again but my mind feels worse.

Withdrawals from anything you've used for ten years daily would likely be difficult, but it sounds like you're having a tough time of it. How many days have you gone without cannabis? Maybe you should find a way to titrate your dose down.

And emotions come back like a freight train Everytime you get sober. It's difficult but it's unavoidable. And in the long run, you will be better off for it, as you'll be able to relate to other people once more, amongst other things.

Sounds pretty intense.

How long are you making it in between uses and how long does it take for the withdrawal symptoms to start?

if you want to share what are all the use symptoms and what are all the withdrawal symptoms. Listing these will help you clearly distinguish between the two and people can share treatments.

sorry your having a rough time. Cannabis withdrawal can be rough for some people. Because of solubility the timeline is longer.

Timeline for cannabis withdrawal

Peaks in the first week with physical symptoms ending in the first week.

Acute withdrawal should get much better if not resolved in two weeks.

Take it easy until the acutes pass. Low stress and work on controlling your thoughts. Keep your thoughts in the present. Don’t fall into the past or slip into the future.

once the acutes are done I’d certainly fire up a strong exercise routine. Exercise will increase your appetite, encourage sleep, reduce stress and promote neurotransmitter production and a faster return to homeostasis. That and you catch a nice healthy buzz.

if you get through the acutes and find it very hard to remain clean then you will need to address and treat a psychological addiction.

your a week or so from feeling much better.

thanks guys ive been trying to use weed as little as possible. i cant keep exact track but its usually just been a hit of wax here and there and a few puffs of a joint and some days just being sober and hitting some wax before bed.

it was so awful that i just had to know if these withdrawals were from weed or not i just rolled up a huge ass blunt and smoked it straight to my face as fast as possible. it felt amazing and then it just turned into a weird borderline psychedelic trip where i just had flashbacks to when i used to get stoned like this all day every day and i realized i dont want to do this anymore and it felt -almost- like spice but safe and not scary in any way just weird.

after that i felt really anxious and did a lot of deep thinking and as i was coming down i felt amazing it was just the best feeling in the world like i purged something from me and i was having a breakthrough with my addiction and then everything just hit me so fast and i just went back into my old ways without thinking about it and i just kept smoking and getting high and then i felt addicted to weed all over again and just feel burned out and the "perma high" is back and i feel miserable and hate it.

as soon as i feel it start to wear off i just start feeling a burning in my stomach and it just gets worse over time but my anxiety starts to feel better and i feel less high and then im faced with the decision. get stoned and relieve my stomach pain or fight through it and make the best of sobriety. its been awful. i do have an actual use for medical marijuana but its not now.

i think i need benzos or some shit just to beat this i just feel so spaced out. the way that i abused weed, i am essentially a spice head at this point.

This isn't a dangerous withdrawal to have physically but I've seen people take it pretty hard anyway. I've been in detox twice with people who went in for weed. It seemed like a joke to the other guys in there who were on "real" drugs like H snd Meth or whatever, but I thought why the hell all all the laughing? Clearly both cases that person was in because he felt it was ruining his life somehow and he wanted help off of the substance.

My advice to you is to do whatever you feel it takes. You might be able to get that benzo script if you present with major anxiety. Be careful though because benzos have a high prevalence of addiction themselves.

This isn't a dangerous withdrawal to have physically but I've seen people take it pretty hard anyway. I've been in detox twice with people who went in for weed. It seemed like a joke to the other guys in there who were on "real" drugs like H snd Meth or whatever, but I thought why the hell all all the laughing? Clearly both cases that person was in because he felt it was ruining his life somehow and he wanted help off of the substance.

My advice to you is to do whatever you feel it takes. You might be able to get that benzo script if you present with major anxiety. Be careful though because benzos have a high prevalence of addiction themselves.
being as heavy as a weed smoker i was this definitely feels like hard drug withdrawals although i havent felt them. its been weeks straight and even slight usage doesnt help, and i havent been able to eat in weeks which makes it all worse. it might not be deadly like hard drug withdrawals but this is definitely painful and i quit daily drink and kratom usage cold turkey with no symptoms or urges but nothing has ever been as this serious as quitting weed.

i think i used it to escape from my problems for so long that its all just a shock and it might just be stress related and just a mental thing but holy shit. ive never puked this easily before and i used to smoke weed and just sleep like a rock and now ive been barely getting 6 hours of sleep just tossing and turning.

Last edited:
High potency cannabis use is tough to do once in a while, because as most peoples tolerances drop and 1/10 of what used to be consumed multiple times a day will now trip a once and awhile smoker out.

my advice would be to cold it through two weeks. It’s possible that your occasional smokes here and there are just keeping you in physical dependence. Physical dependence for opiate dependent people works that way. They can be in hardcore withdrawal for five days. The minute they take an opiate their physical withdrawal symptoms subside, but they also just reset their acute withdrawal timeline to Start Here.

Getting through acute withdrawal once we are physically dependent requires total abstinence. The systems we have been manipulating with the drugs need to realize that something has changed and adjust. If you keep rolling once and awhile the systems can’t get its shit together and you keep cycling back to go.

I would just draw the line in the sand and stop entirely for 30 days. Tup up everything and put it somewhere it will be kinda a pain to access.

High potency cannabis use is tough to do once in a while, because as most peoples tolerances drop and 1/10 of what used to be consumed multiple times a day will now trip a once and awhile smoker out.

my advice would be to cold it through two weeks. It’s possible that your occasional smokes here and there are just keeping you in physical dependence. Physical dependence for opiate dependent people works that way. They can be in hardcore withdrawal for five days. The minute they take an opiate their physical withdrawal symptoms subside, but they also just reset their acute withdrawal timeline to Start Here.

Getting through acute withdrawal once we are physically dependent requires total abstinence. The systems we have been manipulating with the drugs need to realize that something has changed and adjust. If you keep rolling once and awhile the systems can’t get its shit together and you keep cycling back to go.

I would just draw the line in the sand and stop entirely for 30 days. Tup up everything and put it somewhere it will be kinda a pain to access.
damn i didnt think weed would be this serious i thought i could just ween myself off it since it was natural and mild. you really think the addiction can be as serious as the physical withdrawals of opiates where tolerance and withdrawals can spike dramatically with use? this shit this is gonna be tough

No, I think if you completely stop your going to experience a week or so period of the symptoms you described abdominal pain, lack of appetite or even stronger a revulsion to food and organic smells, heightened maybe uncomfortable emotions, insomnia or trouble sleeping. Your cognition will likely be slow and a short period of brain fog may happen. The reason the withdrawal happens is we remove our substance use or our addition to a complex system and in removing the addition we experience a backlash.

In the beginning use decreased nausea, reduced abdominal pain, induced sleep etc. The bitch of the system is it adjusts.. tolerance. We add in the treatment and it adjusts to compensate for the addition. Tolerance is one indication.

Here is another

Another one that of it has not been identified likely will be is benzodiazepine induced anxiety.

So for a short time period many of the benefits and treatments you enjoyed from use will backfire and get worse until the system resets again. From the timelines posted it looks like a fast resolution in under two weeks with a strong chance of one or under.

Once the brain has returned to production of the chemicals we were introducing then we feel better again. Once we add in our bagged chemicals with the natural replenished chemicals that is when we OD. Fortunately ODing on grass is just really uncomfortable.

Also, many hard core users seem to give up cannabis around age 30 because for some reason it turns on them and what used to be enjoyable becomes uncomfortable. I have not figured out why this happens.

There is allot unknown about cannabis and physical withdrawal for starters why some people get it while others don’t.

Sounds you've been over - relying on it to cope with emotions and that's the worst road to go down with ANY substance.
I was that way for some time. I only got out of it when I stopped seeing it as this existential necessity, this lifeline I could never be without.
And yes of course if you're using to numb out emotions they WILL hit you for six when you stop, and that's often harder to deal with than the physical symptoms.

Btw don't think your difficulties don't count the same as those of say an opiate user. The distinction between so - called hard and soft drugs is entirely arbitrary. It's not like substances somehow physically contain 'addictiveness' the way an orange contains vit C, and that some inherently 'have' more of it than others.
People can use any of the 'hard' drugs in moderation (I know quite a few), and then there's guys like you who 'only' use weed but they're off their tits round the clock.
Addiction happens in the mind of the user.

And therefore you will NEED to be examining your mind, identify your mental health issues and / or emotional difficulties, and learn healthier ways to cope. To this end you should possibly see a good therapist or psychiatrist who will help you with this - a psychiatrist might also prescribe medication if necessary.

As someone from a medical household, I am very concerned about your stomach troubles however! This is NOT normal, and is highly unlikely to only have to do with your over consumption. If I was you I'd get myself checked out by a gastro-enterologist ASAP.
And insist on a full examination.

Last edited:
Sounds you've been over - relying on it to cope with emotions and that's the worst road to go down with ANY substance.
I was that way for some time. I only got out of it when I stopped seeing it as this existential necessity, this lifeline I could never be without.
And yes of course if you're using to numb out emotions they WILL hit you for six when you stop, and that's often harder to deal with than the physical symptoms.

Btw don't think your difficulties don't count the same as those of say an opiate user. The distinction between so - called hard and soft drugs is entirely arbitrary. It's not like substances somehow physically contain 'addictiveness' the way an orange contains vit C, and that some inherently 'have' more of it than others.
People can use any of the 'hard' drugs in moderation (I know quite a few), and then there's guys like you who 'only' use weed but they're off their tits round the clock.
Addiction happens in the mind of the user.

And therefore you will NEED to be examining your mind, identify your mental health issues and / or emotional difficulties, and learn healthier ways to cope. To this end you should possibly see a good therapist or psychiatrist who will help you with this - a psychiatrist might also prescribe medication if necessary.

As someone from a medical household, I am very concerned about your stomach troubles however! This is NOT normal, and is highly unlikely to only have to do with your over consumption. If I was you I'd get myself checked out by a gastro-enterologist ASAP.
And insist on a full examination.
ive actually been feeling better. i havent touched any weed today and ive had 2 ounces next to me all day and my cart. the only thing i had was like a .1 of etiz because i just had this stupid burned out feeling from smoking that wouldnt go away. i feel a little better but sometimes the nausea comes back but i laid off the wax and just letting it work itself out of my system.

i think my body is detoxing from weed because ive been coughing up a lot of shit lately and that never happens i dont smoke cigarettes.