• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

weed: drama?

just say know

Bluelighter
have you ever had drama when it comes to talking about weed?

rescently in the expanse of just a few minutes ago; i was a victim of.... facebook drama!.... (dun dun dun!)

it started off like just another normal day. i was scrolling around on facebook and came to a picture that said "do you think weed should be legalized? like if yes and comment why if no" and i commented; but didn't state that i thought no. mostly i was commenting to share my opinions; like that all drugs should be legalized. i also posted a video where the founder of LEAP demolishes the war on drugs.

this was where i crossed the line. this person then got extreemly hostile with me for no reason; telling me to "fuck off my status" and stuff like that; simply because of the word i regarded weed with. and simply because i posted a video with a "cop" in it (he didn't even watch it to find out what it's about; he just assumed right away it was propaganda). but yeah... this person seriously ticked me off with how hateful and derogatory his thoughts were. i even responded politely for like three comments.... but then i was basically like "well you're a jerk-face so it's not worth my time anymore; i'm done" and then he deleted me from facebook because he couldn't handle a conversation where someone intellectually and maturely disagree's with him. real mature...

i consider weed a drug because it alters brain chemistry and builds tolerance and causes an altered state of consciousness.

so here's BASICALLY what i wanted to say: please don't be an ass-hole when you support weed or when someone disagree's with your opinion. it makes you look ignorant like this person that i had problems with; of which i shall not repeat what they said to me- it rather ticked me off and put alot of negativity into my mood

share your drug-related and cannabis-related drama stories.

It's just part of being a minority group which is discriminated against. Being a good face of cannabis to your friends and community is important though, and not enough people realize that.

Access to cannabis is a civil rights issue, and the discrimination that surrounds people's choice of medicine has simply yet to be fully realized. That they never expanded their base beyond stoners is one the biggest reasons legalization wasn't successful from the 70s to 90s, to explain how criminalization and stigmatization hurts everyone, not even just users and their families.

It's just part of being a minority group which is discriminated against. Being a good face of cannabis to your friends and community is important though, and not enough people realize that.

Access to cannabis is a civil rights issue, and the discrimination that surrounds people's choice of medicine has simply yet to be fully realized. That they never expanded their base beyond stoners is one the biggest reasons legalization wasn't successful from the 70s to 90s, to explain how criminalization and stigmatization hurts everyone, not even just users and their families.

very good points, i agree completely.

A lot of people pose an argument expecting to hear similar responses to what they have heard before, which is just closed minded. A lot of people will also voice very strong opinions about topics that they know very little.

Hopefully you value your time and energy enough to not waste your efforts engaging people like this. Something I've started to learn to do before engaging in a somewhat serious discussion with anyone is gauge their open-mindedness. I know that isn't a word, but I don't want to say intelligence because I don't want to be smug- it isn't intelligence so much as someones willingness to consider ideas that are not their own. Some people just will not accept anything that they didn't think of and say themselves- whether because they can't or just don't isn't important. It's probably pride, but in the long run I've wasted enough time on trying to make those types of people see things they refuse to.

As soon as a discussion becomes uncivil I think it's a good idea to leave. throwing blows over a difference in politics is about the dumbest thing I can think of. I guess some people are just looking for ways to vent their frustrations... and sometimes it probably happens unintentionally. People tend to act differently when they are very stressed out.

What state are you from? If it's not a legalized state, decriminalized state, or medical marijuana state, have you wrote your senator about your desire for legalization? Facebook is a forum of people you've invited to hear your opinion and none of them can do anything for the cause (for the most part), if this is something you feel strongly about you should push your opinions on your lawmakers as often as you get the chance and encourage your peers to do the same. I'm from an non-legal state and I've emailed my legislators on many occasions, arguing on Facebook is as useless fight, take the fight to someone who can change the way things in your state work.