• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Weed doesn't make me high, only feeling weird

LonelyBerry

Greenlighter
Hello community!

Last week I decided to buy some weed (again). I have already smoked weed before, but that only was a bad experience, not more.
People everywhere like my friends or guys on the internet tell that weed makes everything look brighter and they become euphoric and get the giggles, you probably already know.

So I tried smoking it again. This time with a vaporizer. Temperature at 160' Celsius. After the first inhalation I felt nothing. So after a while, after a few puffs, the only thing I experienced, which reminds me the first time I got high, was this weird weak psychedelic derealization (perhaps slight psychotic) experience. My mood was not as good as before smoking, actually I became dysphoric. Music didn't feel good that time. (Which is weird because everyone talks about hearing the music from a "heightened" state which seems to be incredible.)
So I went in my sleeping room and went to bed. Suddenly I got the feeling like I'm waking up from a dream. Or "waking up from several dreams after a while " kind of feeling.
I did remember what I have done minutes ago but I feel like another person or like dissociated from myself, like all things I had done few minutes before happened in a dream.
In addition to that my feeds, legs, hands ... became numb. I didn't feel much. Some seconds I actually felt like I didn't control myself, like I'm watching myself walking and so on. The first time smoking, perhaps I smoked too much for the first time, I had all these "awful" things multiplied by 10.

I don't get the giggles, I don't see brighter colors, music sounds awful while being high, I don't feel really relaxed. Actually I don't feel like my minds races, which everyone's experience. I actually don't have any thoughts at all. My creativity seems to be dulled especially while high.

Maybe a bit relaxed after the first small hit from the vaporizer but that probably could be placebo because I don't feel anything after the first puff.

Maybe I should buy some indica in the future because sativas are too overwhelming for me?

Dissociation can become permanent so you might want to just stop smoking, it sounds like you're just wasting your money.I have a similar issue where i become depressed and anxious while high (but super creative). Ive found the only strain that didn't make me feel awful was granddaddy purp so if you plan to continue smoking anyway, you might want to look into that.

Wait a while after that first hit. Cannabis takes up to half an hour to reach a peak for me.
When you're starting out you have to teach yourself that being high is not a reason to release stress hormones, THEN increase the dose. Once the cortisone and adrenaline stops interfering with the THC you will see the benefits.
The trick is patience. :)

Try increasing your vaporizer temperature, I typically vape around 180 minimum and 200 max

Hello community!

Last week I decided to buy some weed (again). I have already smoked weed before, but that only was a bad experience, not more.
People everywhere like my friends or guys on the internet tell that weed makes everything look brighter and they become euphoric and get the giggles, you probably already know.

So I tried smoking it again. This time with a vaporizer. Temperature at 160' Celsius. After the first inhalation I felt nothing. So after a while, after a few puffs, the only thing I experienced, which reminds me the first time I got high, was this weird weak psychedelic derealization (perhaps slight psychotic) experience. My mood was not as good as before smoking, actually I became dysphoric. Music didn't feel good that time. (Which is weird because everyone talks about hearing the music from a "heightened" state which seems to be incredible.)
So I went in my sleeping room and went to bed. Suddenly I got the feeling like I'm waking up from a dream. Or "waking up from several dreams after a while " kind of feeling.
I did remember what I have done minutes ago but I feel like another person or like dissociated from myself, like all things I had done few minutes before happened in a dream.
In addition to that my feeds, legs, hands ... became numb. I didn't feel much. Some seconds I actually felt like I didn't control myself, like I'm watching myself walking and so on. The first time smoking, perhaps I smoked too much for the first time, I had all these "awful" things multiplied by 10.

I don't get the giggles, I don't see brighter colors, music sounds awful while being high, I don't feel really relaxed. Actually I don't feel like my minds races, which everyone's experience. I actually don't have any thoughts at all. My creativity seems to be dulled especially while high.

Maybe a bit relaxed after the first small hit from the vaporizer but that probably could be placebo because I don't feel anything after the first puff.

Maybe I should buy some indica in the future because sativas are too overwhelming for me?

I've had 2 (maybe 3) experiences that sound exactly like what you described! It's fuckin freaky, possibly as freaky as DPH the first time, but before I get into all that I think I should give you some background. First 4-5 times I tried weed I actually started out with brownies made with the best of the best stuff around here, (this was during a class in high school btw) my buddy hands me one and he's like these have THC in em I thought he was just fuckin around so I ate two big ones and he's like oh shit you're going to be fuxcked up. 10-20mins later me, him and all of the others who partook were looking at the teacher laughing like a pack of fuckin hyenas, luckily it was a cool teacher who started laughing back at us lol. Next few classes went about the same and at one point I stared at the ceiling a good 10mins cause I saw colors floating on the surface. At lunch we scavenged and probably unknowingly stole every crumb we could find. Rest of the day was laughing and acting like fuckin idiots then I got home ate a burger and went to sleep. All the other times I did edibles it was basically the same no paranoia or anything just an amazing time hanging out with good friends. So it probably goes without saying but after that I started smoking every now and then blah blah blah. Up until a few weeks maybe a month ago I was getting it from several of the same sources, the bud they sold wasn't bad but they just haven't done anything to make their setups more modern. The one I visited most often got what he considered dank from some plants I think he said were Skunk No. 1 but I'm pretty sure over the generations it crossed with God only knows what and I didn't even bother with the mid or reg (the reg kinda looked like deformed Hash Plant crossed with feral ditch weed lol). So anyway I'd became accustomed to that but one day my buddy tells me about someone new in the area who only grows the best and has some of the most modern strains (don't know which ones, I just ask for reg, mid, high quality mid and dank or loud depending on who I'm talking to). After reading the articles about how much the quality of new strains have increased in the last few years of course I'm not passing up a chance to try it. So I planned on getting 1/8 dank until I saw what he called mid, it put the stuff I'd been paying more for less of to shame!

So here's where it gets back on the topic. I get home, wait until night (I like to get stoned and look at the stars and shit) load my bong and take the biggest hit I can. I learned pretty quick I'd make a mistake when I started spinning. I finish the tiny bit that was left (great idea right?lol), everything starts to get weird almost exactly like you described, but in addition to that I got stuck in a loop where I'd take a couple steps toward my house then suddenly I'd be right back where I was, I had spiraling colors with my eyes open and closed and the one part that scared the shit out of me was I forgot my name how to speak even the English language and it was like the thoughts in my head were just frequencies but I couldn't understand somehow. The ego death, disassociation and sorta 3rd person veiw of myself reminded me of ketamine trip reports. Being a genius I decided to take 300mg or so (can't remember maybe more definitely not less) of DXM and smoked about 50% more than the previous night, the trip was so intense all I remember was falling slowly surrounded by patterns of melting colors. Anyway I thought it was laced but apparently it wasn't because my friend smoked a joint rolled with a king size RAW and wasn't tripping just stoned. I started smoking it in spliffs, a one hitter and joints and didn't have a problem, after I got high like that like 4 or so times I tried the bong again had a very mild much more manageable trip then after that I could use it and just get stoned.

My advice would be don't use the vape (it's one of if not the most effective method of getting THC in your lungs with very little waste, great for experienced stoners bad for beginners who are as sensitive to the psychedelic effects as you) at least not until you build a tolerance. Best ways to build a tolerance are spliffs (if you don't want to use tobacco in it there are plenty of legal herbs that'll work fine) start with a tiny amount of weed and work your way up. Option 2 is one hitters the ones with the tiny micro bowls (or whatever they're called) would probably be best. With those you can start by filling it once smoke if you're stoned put it down if not refill and repeat. Another thing is if you're lucky enough to know what strains you're buying and have a variety pick one high in CBD it reduces the trippy THC effects, if you can't choose strains just buy some CBD oil and put a little on some bud.

I know it may seem like a curse, because you can't enjoy pot in the way others do but it's really a blessing you just have to learn to go along with the trip instead of fighting it. Do you have any idea how many people wish they could have a trip from weed alone? You don't have to struggle searching for LSD (which is a pain in the ass btw), if you want to have an experience like that all you have to do is vape some bud, I also think when you find the right strain you can also enjoy it like others. I have some experience with hallucinogens including datura (the ultimate mind fuck) and traveled out of my body to different worlds on DXM, but honestly that first night was scary to me.

Good luck! It's great to know I'm not the only one to experience this :)