• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Weed completes me

dsesesy

Bluelighter
In this past year quit smoking weed almost entirely. As I was getting clean from other drugs so thought it smartest to avoid any mind altering substance for awhile. Well, I am no longer addicted to any drug so recently I started smokin ganja again. And fuck if I dont feel like I wasted a whole year not smokin it. I mean of course I can still get on without it(i am currently) but smoking dailt this past week was like....whale it was like i was one with myself agan. It felt like coming home after a long day at work. I even read while Im stoned, it felt like an enlightening experience. Everything just feels...right when im high. I feel comfortabl in my mind and body for once. Not to say I feel completely shitty sober. But i do feel more....off. Like something is missing, inside me. Its not a mental dependency on weed im describing either. I always feel this, but i think weed just has increased my awareness of it. Does anyone else relate?

i know exactly how you feel i didnt quit for as long but i have been smoking herb since very young i still am but what happends is your body forgets how it feels because you took a long break and you appreiceate the high alot more then when it just gets you "normal" but as for being off when your sober try waiting 4 days on the 3rd you'll start to find pleasure in things even when your not ripped 8o p.s ---> smoke after your done what you NEED to do rather than what you would WANT to do and you will not get unmoitivated ever... unless you chief like 3.5 in day lol

Perhaps you're adjusting to a weed-less lifestyle? It's a big change. Until your mind stops focusing on weed you'd feel like that. It's just like anything else really... Sports n shit. Like if you stopped baseball after 10years or something you'd obv feel like something's missing.... If you catch my drift....

But i do feel more....off. Like something is missing, inside me. Its not a mental dependency on weed im describing either. I always feel this, but i think weed just has increased my awareness of it. Does anyone else relate?

In the APA Dictionary of Psychology, psychological dependence is defined as "dependence on a psychoactive substance for the reinforcement it provides." Most times psychological dependence is classified under addiction. They are similar in that addiction is a physiological "craving" for something and psychological dependence is a "need" for a particular substance because it causes enjoyable mental affects.

You are most definitely describing a "psychological dependency." The cool thing here, though, is that you've proven you can ignore that shit for upwards of a year at a time, and that's impressive for anybody who has these kinds of feelings toward their drug of choice.