• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Weed and memory

FuckMemories

Greenlighter
I am 15 years old and I smoked weed since I was 14 for over 8 months, smoking weed almost everyday (atleast 4 times a week). It's been 3 months since I stopped completely as I got rolled, and It fucked me up. I can't remember anything anymore. I've been losing stuff as I forgot where I hid it, my grades fall as when I try to study for vocab or some shit I literally don't remember anything I read. Will my memory ever come back i miss it

Yo wait i just remembered i had like a few edibles the other day but besides tjat imclean except for nicotine aha

Wow, you're too young to be smoking nicotine as well.

Simply look into activities that help boost retaining your memory.

Like with anything, it takes practice and effort. If you don't remember your vocabulary terms, then just keep on rereading it until you do. It sounds like a hassle, but that'll definitely help. Plus you're too young to have Alzheimer's. ;)

OP; consider yourself lucy that you don't have Hyperthymesia (look it up).

15 and you've got memory problems with that frequency of weed smoking? Stop. Completely. No edibles. Nothing. Stop the nicotine as well. Practice healthy living, eating, exercise, etc. Give it time. See a doctor.

To answer your question, yes quite likely things will revert to normal, but it will take time. You've abused your developing brain/body and now it is punishing you.

Tom

I started smoking weed when I was 16. It quickly turned into a daily habit which I kept until about a month ago.. I also drank heavily and popped my first pill at age 17. I'm 20ys old now. My memory is fucked, but not completely lost. Please, if you must smoke, do so in moderation. One joint a week is okay, but better yet limit it to even less. Think about your future, your brain is young and will adapt to the substances you use/abuse. You will develop a brain which is used to getting high, which increases the chance of you saying 'fuck it' later in life and getting addicted for real.

It's good of you to have quit the stuff, for now... I know what it's like to be told by people around you and on the internet about the potential dangers, and I know what it's like to be your age and have a pigheaded attitude. But that's not going to do any good. You don't want to watch your peers go off and get a good education while you slowly start to realise that you're paying the price for years of having fun. But good news, buddy. You will get your memory back. Give it time, study for school and don't let yourself get peer-pressured into doing anything you know deep inside is bad for you.

Last edited:
I've been losing stuff as I forgot where I hid it, my grades fall as when I try to study for vocab or some shit I literally don't remember anything I read. Will my memory ever come back i miss it

not to downplay your struggle but this sort of thing can happen even to people who never did drugs. i was clean all through high-school and still could never focus. had other shit on my mind, like hormones and what i was gonna do with my future and teen responsibilities and how to maximize fucking-around time with friends. it could be that other issues are just making the situation worse and it's why you feel hopeless about it. for example, do you get a solid eight or nine hours of sleep every night? do you exercise regularly? physical health has a major impact on the mentals. get some tools to help you. do you have a smartphone? flashcard apps. also don't just "study", write key details out by hand. it's an established fact that when you write something out it instantly forges a link into your memory, from then on you just have to maintain that link and it will grow stronger.

Definitely cut way back and stop smoking herb daily.

Smoking daily or smoking in large amounts is not good for your memory at all.

A few friends of mine in college smoked herb daily as teenagers or young adults and some would smoke a few grams a night and they have memory issues now.

Look into memory exercises like someone else posted about.